Community

Hi Marcher,

I am showing an error associated with my media system on this page. Would you please have a look and give me pointers as to how to fix. It is associate with this content block: {parse block="media_categories33"}

Alex

Error: Could not load template 'feed__generic_24' from group '' is what I see, iirc this was addressed in this topic somewheres.

yeah here

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/344323-media-system/page-72#entry2390578

seems to me its somethign that requires a ticket, Marcher may be the one that answers LOL

. it happened to me once but I cannot remember what I did to fix it.

yeah here

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/344323-media-system/page-72#entry2390578

seems to me its somethign that requires a ticket, Marcher may be the one that answers LOL

. it happened to me once but I cannot remember what I did to fix it.

Thanks for the feedback. I did set up a ticket with Invision Power and they kicked it back to Marcher as the author of "Third Party Item"....

FWIW: This is the response I got from the ticket. There is still a styling problem that they/we are running down but the category data is now displayed.

Hello.

Apologies, I got it sorted after a chat with Marcher.

You had a corrupted block somehow. Re-saving each step of its creation (changing nothing, just re-saving) fixed the problem, however.

That category list is now showing on your page as it should.

Please provide a corrected login, and we can investigate.

FWIW: This is the response I got from the ticket. There is still a styling problem that they/we are running down but the category data is now displayed.

http://www.marchertech.com/documentation/media/

Can you please re-review the documentation for the modification? It would appear in looking that not all of the block templates were imported, and that categories block is as a result using one of the default templates.

I did the following:

Verified that the "Categories List" Block template was installed.

Re-uploaded all Block template .xml files just in case (Step 4 of Installation Guide)

Re-Cached Template Resources

Still the same problem persists.

What next?

Problem solved! After doing the above, I then went to the Block Management page > Category List Block > Step 5, Template > and selected the "Categories List" Template > Save > Twice before the change was re-set.

A new question: Will the Media System work with IPB 4.0 without update and if not, will an update become available soon after 4.0 goes live?

My links are not working?

I paid and downloaded the program. I then used it to get my media page organized the way I want it to look. But the links dont work! Some do and many do not. When you click on the title of a video or another link you are just taken to the top of the page???

Help?

http://hotairballoonist.com/forum/index.php?/page/media.html#

Please read my signature line and take it litterally!

Jeff

See my media system here:

http://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

In the top main slider, the first large video thumb looks great.  If you flick through the next three are not good.

The videos are linked to on youtube and the reason they look bad is because I put them in the media system before making the thumbnail good on youtube,

How do I make the media system grab the updated thumbnails from youtube?  

See my media system here:

http://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

In the top main slider, the first large video thumb looks great.  If you flick through the next three are not good.

The videos are linked to on youtube and the reason they look bad is because I put them in the media system before making the thumbnail good on youtube,

How do I make the media system grab the updated thumbnails from youtube?  

​The YouTube thumbnails are not cached locally, they are linking to the primary thumb provided on YouTube. If you have already cleared your browser cache after making the change, you could try editing the video on YouTube and removing the low quality thumbnails.

Edited by Marcher Technologies

Hi Marcher, I've been merrily using your system for a few years without issue.

Lately I've been making videos and then inputting the youtube url and it displays fine.

The latest video I had to make on one youtube account and download as .mp4 before reuploading to my correct account.

For some reason the .mp4 video does not display in the media system.

Is it something to do with lack of media tag replacement for .mp4?

Please confirm if this is the root cause and ideally how to correct this - actually step by step as I am not technical.

Thanks.

Simon

I am way behind in updating and not used to v4 formats, was there a v4 version of this added yet and I missed it in market?

am going to hold off updating until I see if this one is updated.

I am way behind in updating and not used to v4 formats, was there a v4 version of this added yet and I missed it in market?

am going to hold off updating until I see if this one is updated.

​so is this to be supported?

I would be hard pressed to justify upgrading to v4 w/o this mod as its so useful.

It will be upgraded, however I'm currently focused on other apps. Depending on the difficulty of including the features I want this may be updated as an application.

​sweet.

it really is that important a mod for me.

was going to try to see if I could hack around on it on test board to adapt it.  that way if it breaks its just test board LOL

1 minute ago, Dmacleo said:

maybe I am looking in wrong place (been a bit since I was here) but not seeing any updates.

abandoned?

There are no options to actually export for distribution quite a number of things I would need to to be able to release an update, unfortunately. As a result, on this one, my hands are tied.

Edited by Marcher Technologies

3 minutes ago, Marcher Technologies said:

There are no options to actually export for distribution quite a number of things I would need to to be able to release an update, unfortunately. As a result, on this one, my hands are tied.

crap. oh well, progress...or something LOL