Media System

Marcher Technologies

unusual requests, one of the older versions had a latest media that scrolled.
you remember what version?
I added latest media block ({parse block="latest_video33"} ) to home page and for this would like the scroll fuction, was wondering if there was a way for me to find the old version, import that template and block as slightly different names and call that block on home page w/o changing how the existijng block works on the actual media page where I do not want scrolling.
am thinking if I knew what version did it I should still (I hope) have it here and I could just edit names a bit and import them.

unusual requests, one of the older versions had a latest media that scrolled.

you remember what version?

I added latest media block ({parse block="latest_video33"} ) to home page and for this would like the scroll fuction, was wondering if there was a way for me to find the old version, import that template and block as slightly different names and call that block on home page w/o changing how the existijng block works on the actual media page where I do not want scrolling.

am thinking if I knew what version did it I should still (I hope) have it here and I could just edit names a bit and import them.

I have no clue what version i removed that in, but we all know i had valid reasons(videos do not scroll, bad ui).
if wanting to 'clone'...
edit the existing template.
Change the content type.
Save.
Change it back.
then import the block template
I MUST note however, that this is NOT recommended in that said template would immediately be removed from updates to the template code/assets applying properly.

Hi,

Is there something we can do to improve security / stop rippers pulling down the streaming movie files from the uploads folder?

For ipcontent we have our movies in a non web accessable area

And now IPgallery 5 is out we plan to get those protected aswell by moving them.

So just wondered if we can do something similar for our streaming movies or add something to the uploads folder to stop them being ripped.

.htaccess files are rather.... unintelligent in regards to permissions...... will see what i can do, but i doubt very highly such functionality would be included directly in this modification, this pretty much demands a wholesale approach to /uploads/ permissions/protection.
Changing where it loads up from, is sadly not an option with how content works.

Hey Marcher,

I get this in my error logs when loading up my front page. This is the thumbnails basically:

) [<a href='function.getimagesize'>function.getimagesize</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tiaradia/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/ips/ccs/sources/pages.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 1202

[15-Sep-2012 05:21:17 UTC] PHP Warning:  getimagesize(/home/tiaradia/public_html/forums/uploads		

Hey Marcher,

I get this in my error logs when loading up my front page. This is the thumbnails basically:

) [<a href='function.getimagesize'>function.getimagesize</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tiaradia/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/ips/ccs/sources/pages.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 1202

[15-Sep-2012 05:21:17 UTC] PHP Warning: getimagesize(/home/tiaradia/public_html/forums/uploads		

Wrong tree, that call is nowhere in any template provided with this modification, not used at all..... check the block templates you use, betting it is one of the stocks..

while not that exact warning I had seen a similar from a stream source embed, I forget if it was ustream/live stream, etc but I had built a block for a specific stream and later when the stream was deleted (source) I saw something like that.

so not sure if thats your issue, thought I would mention it.

I would have to see the error to begin to know what was occurring, I was simply stating the fact I don't use the method getimagesize anywhere in the mod.

I can look.... there's many issues with such a thing to consider, the code to pull is actually the saner bit of such a request, determining where to insert the data, whether it should be pulled at all is the..... fun part with a field usable in any database.
Please keep in mind, youtube is by no means the only option allowed.

I know your apps support a lot of video sites.. I'm all new to IPS and coming from Xenforo about 1½ week ago.. On my old site I have a big media collections - 95% from youtube with the description from there ..

I will be so glad to have a video/media solution on IPS that can fetch the video title and description.. And can you find a neat quick solution - I'm on it and buy a license asap. Your apps seems to support all the other stuff I wishes..

Thanks for your reply..

Hello,

I need your support.....I did the installation of the addon and it everything seems to work except the following thing:

clicking on the home of ips content starts with the wanted startpage (articles or original media page or also with the video page) but I cannot switch between the different pages. The video page itself works fine but not in combination with the articles page......could you please help me?

Hello,

I need your support.....I did the installation of the addon and it everything seems to work except the following thing:

clicking on the home of ips content starts with the wanted startpage (articles or original media page or also with the video page) but I cannot switch between the different pages. The video page itself works fine but not in combination with the articles page......could you please help me?

Screen-shot please... what are we speaking of... the mini go-to (articles/media) block?
...reading this, it may just be a lot easier to resolve the described issue if you to show me what you mean, via PM if preferred.

Hi, it's me again. Here are the screenshots of my issue. (The page is brand new and still in development). Because of the existing issue I decided to make the video area available through an extra navigation tab with all the categories available below videos.

post-320727-0-58352500-1348382689_thumb.

The news navigation is the homepage of IPS Content which will be in the future the homepage. Opening this page will open the following:

post-320727-0-12440900-1348382828_thumb.

Then it is possible to navigate to the articles page within the right block:

post-320727-0-49008200-1348383094_thumb.

This is the normal behaviour - but now there is the navigation on the right side to view other media files......this is a "dead link" and I would like to navigate with that link to the new video section - but I didn't find where to edit.....

The video addon developed by you is working fine, but only reachable via a direct navigation link so far:

post-320727-0-51963700-1348383225_thumb.

Another question from my side si the hot news block which is permanently scrolling......how could I disable this?

Many thanks for your support!

Horst

ok, A: that is because the Stock block provided by IPS to 'to view other media files' is in no manner dynamic to the database being used. I can only suggest you copy over my block from the media page template sidebar into where that block resides now on the page, which will work as desired.
B: Edit the block from the ACP, merely select a different block template on Step 5:Templates, there is one provided that looks the exact same without the scrolling effect.