Media System

Marcher Technologies

Hi Marcher,

Is there a way to change the media BBcode to adapt to desktop/mobile? We show dailymotion videos and their embeds are all flash. They do have the option to show HTML5 via iframe, but is there a way to differentiate between desktop for flash and mobile for HTML5 video? Thanks.

Hi Marcher,

Is there a way to change the media BBcode to adapt to desktop/mobile? We show dailymotion videos and their embeds are all flash. They do have the option to show HTML5 via iframe, but is there a way to differentiate between desktop for flash and mobile for HTML5 video? Thanks.

well beyond what this mod is... and a royal *** too as you couldn't have 2 hooks stack, one like this would literally be forced to not allow parent to run as it would not differentiate and you would get the html5 when you don't want it.

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been asked.

I am looking to buy this and just need to check a couple of things.

Can users upload different file types such as wmv files and can / are they converted to flash.

And can we restrict which member groups can view the movie files so if a member wants to view them, they have to first upgrade their membership?

many thanks

Hi Marcher,

wouldn't ALWAYS using the iframe embed always work then?
only issue I can think of is IE8 users but there was a patch for that iirc.

OK thansk and can we restrict which member groups can view the movie files so if a member wants to view them, they have to first upgrade their membership?

you may limit the view of categories and the database in content, which reflects in all block usages.
I do suggest you not allow usage of the my media plugin though, as no permissions can be checked on view, only permission to post them on submit and view them in the cke my media pane.
Post Caching makes it impossible to do.

Have any of your seen this before?

http://www.ohiohunters.org/videos.html (sorry the error messages are really light on the page

Errors:

Error: Could not load template 'feed__generic_17' from group ''

Error: Could not load template 'feed__generic_19' from group ''

Anyway, any insight would be great! Much appreciated!

I am setting up a test board with fresh files, been so long since I even looked at installing this fresh.
it appears that you advocate creating new database and not reusing the existing media demo at all.
am I inferring correctly?
thinking I should delete the demo database and all its blocks, in your opinion is that cleanest route?
trying to troubleshoot a content issue dealing with varnish cache and how it interacts with ccs database so setting stuff up on test board where I can break it with no worries.

I am setting up a test board with fresh files, been so long since I even looked at installing this fresh.

it appears that you advocate creating new database and not reusing the existing media demo at all.

am I inferring correctly?

thinking I should delete the demo database and all its blocks, in your opinion is that cleanest route?

trying to troubleshoot a content issue dealing with varnish cache and how it interacts with ccs database so setting stuff up on test board where I can break it with no worries.

Cleanest break would be that, though the shell tool remains for those looking to convert the stock.

seemed to work well that way for me, made it easier to duplicate the actual issue I was having too and fix it.
issue was not related to this mod, but ip.content as a wholr and how it accessed other page driven databases. I suspect was due to being a restored installation I was using.

it is a lot easier not having the other org blocks and stuff in place, install went easy and smooth FWIW.

Hi,

I have setup everything and added a wmv video media tag and a flv video file media tag

I seem to have a problem with the thumb not appearing and the description appears behind the video play area as in this screenshot.

post-200926-0-87277600-1346839585_thumb.

The thumbs do appear ok down the left hand panel in the various sections, just not here.

I get the same problem in my custom skin and also the default IPB one

Any ideas?

The thumbs were not designed to appear in that specific block template actually... is meant as a full-fledged multi-player... moment, the most sane resolution regarding the description overlay is a patch of the wmv media tag to properly respect either z-index or the wmode transparent, which I have recently acquired, will go look at what it is doing there.... will also double-check flv.

The thumbs were not designed to appear in that specific block template actually... is meant as a full-fledged multi-player... moment, the most sane resolution regarding the description overlay is a patch of the wmv media tag to properly respect either z-index or the wmode transparent, which I have recently acquired, will go look at what it is doing there.... will also double-check flv.

or... not, dang you MS, just recoding that block template further(recode already under-way for resource improvements), while i am loath to extend the box that space, this is proving far more feasible than the above.

Hi,

I have it set to post a new topic in our movie forum when someone adds a new movie.

But it is posting the filename in the post aswell as the click here to view this media link.

How do we stop info such as 8e27ee28029fc2aab947a2a246f20665.wmv being included?

Many thanks

Edit the media field in use(ACP->Other Apps->Content->Databases->{click number of fields on db}->{Edit field listed with the type media url/file input}), empty the topic format, this surely must be an upload peculiarity, will see if I can make it dynamically adjust, if all you allow is uploads, you could put in the url prefix in there, but i doubt autoparse is the goal for you specifically.

Edit the media field in use(ACP->Other Apps->Content->Databases->{click number of fields on db}->{Edit field listed with the type media url/file input}), empty the topic format, this surely must be an upload peculiarity, will see if I can make it dynamically adjust, if all you allow is uploads, you could put in the url prefix in there, but i doubt autoparse is the goal for you specifically.

Hi

the hyperlink "click here to view this media link" works fine and goes to the correct page.

Its just the text info about the filename we want removed from being posted

Just checked the topic format field and it was already empty.

Hi

the hyperlink "click here to view this media link" works fine and goes to the correct page.

Its just the text info about the filename we want removed from being posted

Just checked the topic format field and it was already empty.

I am actually not affecting IPC topic posting anywhere in this mod.... any other fields have topic format filled? this should not be possible..... unless....
ok, what i think it is doing, you have no fields defined to be posted in the topic format.... it must be defaulting to the content field, fill in any other one..... any that is viable.
I should note, that is not me or my code doing that, that is IPC itself.