Media System

Marcher Technologies

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Media System

File Submitter: Marcher Technologies

File Submitted: 10 Aug 2011

File Category: User and Social Engagement

Supported Versions: IP.Content 2.3.x

Like the Idea Behind the Media Demo, but Soon Realized it wasn't coded for front-end use?
Want a Fully Functional Community Video Area with ratings, user submissions, comments and more?
Presenting a Fully Recoded, 3.3 Updated Fully Functional IP.Content Media System with Clear Documentation From point A(Media Demo, or nothing at all!)-Z(Media System) included!
Features include:
Fully Recoded for 3.3 Media System Templates and Blocks/ Block Templates.
Functionality.... Search Media At Listings, User Submissions, Comments,
Follow Media Categories, and Media Records for updates in comments/additions.
All additional functionality Respects permissions/settings, so only use what you need.
This file Now includes Full Control of the sidebar Display via settings.
You can now in mere seconds in system settings change the Sidebar width to ANY pixel value, and from right to left , as well as hiding the "View our articles" block entirely.
You can also choose whether to allow users to "follow" your media and media categories.
You can also choose whether to show a subcategory listing on parent categories.
Comes With:

• 8 Different Unique Block Templates.+
  • 5 database Templates(2 View and Listing styles+, 1 of each for 3.2.3).
  • Mobile skin friendly Page Template.+
  • Listing Templates Support Field Filtering+(Content 2.3.3+).
  • 5 Blocks That comprise the First Database's usage.
  • Stock My Media Plugin for any database records using the field type having a value organizedd by database integrated into the my media dialogue :drool: +(previous has only stock single database plugin).
  • Full Installation and upgrade Documentation.

This File Now supports:
*Any IPB Media Tag.
*Consistent Media input field, choose what input types to utilize by field, from easy input of media tag URL's, to uploading your Favorite media, to direct HTML embed code.+
*Auto-generation of Linked You-tube Video's thumbnails.+
*The use of ANY IPContent database.... If you have deleted your "Media Demo" never fear, it is all lined out in the included readme how to make the system from scratch as an IPC database to utilize these templates without a single code edit... in fact, you may use the provided field in any IPC database, and as many as you wish.
*Don't just input, share and reuse your media with the Embed or Link My Media setting.... with multiple media database functionality integrated into the CKE like never before!
*Allow Specified Groups to use the My Media Extension, and separate Specified Groups to select and post media they did not submit within it.
*Share Links at the Media View, allowing users to share their favorite media links within Social Networks.+
*Next/Previous Links within the view template allow quick browsing, honoring the sorting field within the Database Configuration.+
Version 1.1.5, which is compatible with IPB 3.2.3 is available for download, 1.2.4 is for IPB 3.3 and IPC 2.3 ONLY and features are + for reference, Note the file names and download appropriately.

here to download this file

So I followed the read me and made all the changes. It's working somewhat properly...

When I click "Add Video" it just has this:

ss1.JPG

However, if I click "Preview", this is what I get:

ss2.JPG

This is the info I put in for a test and then hit Save:

ss3.JPG

But this is what I'm getting on any category... this one shows the "Other" category for the video I just test added above:

ss4.JPG

It seems all permissions are correct but I'm not sure why the form isn't showing up before hitting preview and why videos aren't showing. Any ideas?

So I followed the read me and made all the changes. It's working somewhat properly...

When I click "Add Video" it just has this:

[img=http://syn360.com/images/ss1.JPG]

However, if I click "Preview", this is what I get:

ss2.JPG

This is the info I put in for a test and then hit Save:

[img=http://syn360.com/images/ss3.JPG]

But this is what I'm getting on any category... this one shows the "Other" category for the video I just test added above:

[img=http://syn360.com/images/ss4.JPG]

It seems all permissions are correct but I'm not sure why the form isn't showing up before hitting preview and why videos aren't showing. Any ideas?

the included readme, you need to edit the database fields... ALL of them to allow frontend use.... mind popping me the field key?
I'm likely to swap away from the default database itself and give straight point a-z instructions on making the database/fields... the conflicts im seeing with the default is irksome.
I would be happy to investigate locally. Edited by Marcher Technologies

Fixed it [img]

[/img] One more question... I've noticed if you don't upload a thumbnail it gives you the beautiful broken image icon for latest videos... any way to fix that? I guess I could just require that users use a thumbnail?

Thanks again man this system is fantastic.

tbh, looking at recoding the bits regarding that in full... may be a day or 2 as its a rather large overhaul of the thing.... as i said dependence on field_x and the media demo itself leaves much to be desired(in terms of scalability/features).

I also noticed that if you have subcategories they don't show up in the parent? For example, Funny is the parent and I uploaded 2 videos in Funny>People and Funny>Animals... it's like People is it's own category.

very honestly, there truly isnt enough data at the parent level to support this... all i have at that level is the latest record... trying to avoid a query use here as it gets overly complicated to maintain in widespread usage... which would be the only way to retrieve that missing data.

I also noticed that if you have subcategories they don't show up in the parent? For example, Funny is the parent and I uploaded 2 videos in Funny>People and Funny>Animals... it's like People is it's own category.

I shall rephrase, i have the same access to the subcategory data at the category level as a normal database, what would you LIKE displayed?... would like opinions as the usual subcat list seems not ideal for a media system.

wow... ok... ima nab you a patch asap... that's inheriting a bad style... just a template update [img]

[/img]

2 things... A the only contents of the page media is on is the parse database tag correct?
ACP->IPC->click the page file-name in page manager below.
I ask as im seeing a div id='videos' which shouldn't be present(borking the content area width), you have reconfigured the database to use my templates obviously... gotta be the page contents.
out of curiosity what is said filename?

Is anyone having issues with the "follow content" not working?

I dont believe it to be a mod issue..rather an IPB issue .. as when I view my "Content | Follow" area .. I see no results for any articles or videos I may be following.

I have done a search for this issue with no results .. so I wanted to check with other IP.Content users to see if this issue isn't localized to my build.

BTW .. excellent modification !!!!

I noticed that when doing a search..if I do a "Custom" search .. the tab doesn't highlight .. if I do a "Most Viewed" search ... your "Custom" tab highlights..along with the "Most Viewed"

"Title" doesn't highlight at all, but was an existing issue with the template prior to your modification construction...

and the "Highest Rated" url is incorrect ( another existing issue in the template prior to your modification construction)

Is anyone having issues with the "follow content" not working?

I dont believe it to be a mod issue..rather an IPB issue .. as when I view my "Content | Follow" area .. I see no results for any articles or videos I may be following.

I have done a search for this issue with no results .. so I wanted to check with other IP.Content users to see if this issue isn't localized to my build.

BTW .. excellent modification !!!!

in testing... seems ips hasnt done the base code for 3.2 ipc for this(lame).

I noticed that when doing a search..if I do a "Custom" search .. the tab doesn't highlight .. if I do a "Most Viewed" search ... your "Custom" tab highlights..along with the "Most Viewed"

"Title" doesn't highlight at all, but was an existing issue with the template prior to your modification construction...

and the "Highest Rated" url is incorrect ( another existing issue in the template prior to your modification construction)

patching both of these now... shouldve known not to trust any present code from that demo, even a filterbar lolz.

This file has been updated.
Filterbar fix mentioned above and subcategory support for those that want it, the relevant updates are the database templates(specifically listing) and the settings group xml.
subcategory preview(this is controlled by a setting, defaults to no, to allow a choice on the matter):
http://www.marcherte....html/_/parent/
as a note... if you state the category should show data, the bottom bit simply will appear... hit the category settings of the parent to hide the bottom portion when utilizing subcat support.