Remove Forums from Board Index

teraßyte

I thought I could hide & unhide whenever I needed to. I hid my forums & categories, then decided to uhide... they're still not visible. I checked permissions to make sure I could view and such and I still can't see them. Is there a way to toggle between hide and unhide when you need to? What can I do about the problem I have now? One thing is for sure.. this mod instantly hides the forums and it would be great if I can unhide too :)

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >' alt='' class='ipsImage' >[/img]

It works fantastically fine.. [img]

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >' alt='' class='ipsImage' >[/img] I just didn't unhide the root.. wow.. this mod is GREAT!

I'm glad you've solved the issue by yourself and sorry for the late reply %7Boption%7D' alt='' class='ipsImage' >' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

is there anyway to make this into a user configurable item much like VB3.8 had? where a user can choose to hide certain forums?

Not currently, I'll consider it for a future version of the modification however.

• 2 months later...

Hi Terabyte,

How would I create a visible link for the hidden category/Forum?

Thanks

It really depends on where you want to put it, for example if you want to to put in the main navigation with the other applications tabs you'd have to edit the template "Global Templates -> globalTemplate". If you need help with that try asking in the skinning forum :)

My suggestion would be to use a forum redirect

That would defeat the purpose of hiding the first forum itself? :P

• 4 months later...

Hi -

I perused your 'collapsed category' app as well as this topic and there were other community members who asked similar questions to my question but not exactly.

My situation, like so many others, is somewhat unique... in that our community has 3 categories and in each of the categories, we have #1 - 8 forums, #2 - 34 forums representing each of our members' countries (and growing), and #3 - 5 forums. Visiting the forum index page is daunting because the page is soooo long. Given the worldwide nature of our community, it would be perfect if we could tie in our member's registration preferences where they indicate which of the forum communities in the first category they like to follow (different meaning than follow in IPB but a "1 or a 0" for you in terms of database field), and their registered country, and their group status on the board such that they would see by default say 3 forums in the first category, 1 forum (for their country) in the second category, and then 3 - 5 forums in the last category.

I know, you said that forums are not designed to collapse but would it be possible to create a unique hook that would allow, by default, the forum index page to display as such, and then say, have a link in the top of both the category and the forum page to "display all forums?"

So this is kind of a mix between collapse and hidden. You said not to PM you so I'm posting this here but obviously this would be a customized, paid request.

Thanks,

Brian

Hi -

I perused your 'collapsed category' app as well as this topic and there were other community members who asked similar questions to my question but not exactly.

My situation, like so many others, is somewhat unique... in that our community has 3 categories and in each of the categories, we have #1 - 8 forums, #2 - 34 forums representing each of our members' countries (and growing), and #3 - 5 forums. Visiting the forum index page is daunting because the page is soooo long. Given the worldwide nature of our community, it would be perfect if we could tie in our member's registration preferences where they indicate which of the forum communities in the first category they like to follow (different meaning than follow in IPB but a "1 or a 0" for you in terms of database field), and their registered country, and their group status on the board such that they would see by default say 3 forums in the first category, 1 forum (for their country) in the second category, and then 3 - 5 forums in the last category.

I know, you said that forums are not designed to collapse but would it be possible to create a unique hook that would allow, by default, the forum index page to display as such, and then say, have a link in the top of both the category and the forum page to "display all forums?"

So this is kind of a mix between collapse and hidden. You said not to PM you so I'm posting this here but obviously this would be a customized, paid request.

Thanks,

Brian

I have sent you a PM, as long as it's not for support (example: paid requests) feel free to PM me next time ;)

• 1 month later...

I cant seem to get it to work i dont know why i have had my friend look at it a swell.I want to hide my forums so i can have them in my navigation bar as tabs with the url being known.But this modification refuses to hide any of my forums.

I cant seem to get it to work i dont know why i have had my friend look at it a swell.I want to hide my forums so i can have them in my navigation bar as tabs with the url being known.But this modification refuses to hide any of my forums.

I just posted in the promenu topic over this, it worked fine for me

I tested

this mod out for it

and it worked fine for me, I set a category on menu hidden to all but one member group linked to a hidden category.

I had submenus of that for each forum too, all worked fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived