Recent Posts (Sidebar Block)

HeadStand

I have one more question and my apologies if this has been asked. I would like to add a break between the topics. I want a little more space between each topic. Where could or should I add that to add some space between the topics?

You can customize the block by modifying the skin template under Board Index -> recentPosts.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

You can try changing this:

{IPSMember::buildProfilePhoto($post['last_poster_id'], 'mini')}
<a href='{parse url="showtopic={$post['tid']}&amp;view=getnewpost" base="public" seotitle="{$post['title_seo']}" template="showtopicunread"}'><b>{$post['title']}</b></a> <a href='{parse url="showtopic={$post['tid']}&amp;view=getlastpost" base="public" template="showtopic" seotitle="{$post['title_seo']}"}' title='{$this->lang->words['view_last_post']}'>{parse replacement="f_lastpost"}</a>
to this:

<div class='clearfix'>
<div class='ipsPad_half left'>{IPSMember::buildProfilePhoto($post['last_poster_id'], 'mini')}</div>
<div class='ipsPad_half left'><a href='{parse url="showtopic={$post['tid']}&amp;view=getnewpost" base="public" seotitle="{$post['title_seo']}" template="showtopicunread"}'><b>{$post['title']}</b></a> <a href='{parse url="showtopic={$post['tid']}&amp;view=getlastpost" base="public" template="showtopic" seotitle="{$post['title_seo']}"}' title='{$this->lang->words['view_last_post']}'>{parse replacement="f_lastpost"}</a></div>
</div>

Dear HeadStand,

Thank you very much for your Recent Posts Sideblock.

I'm very new to IPB and using the above code I'm not getting the Recent Posts Avatar positioned like in the Recent Topics.

With the first set off code I ge this (the avatar doesn't block off the left side and some titles wrap under it)

post-534579-0-34809000-1414843419_thumb.

With the second set of code I get this (the avatar is above all the text)

post-534579-0-96279100-1414843426_thumb.

Could you suggest the code that would have the avatar on the left and the text on the right like the Recent Topics?

Thank you either way in advance,

Shawn

• 2 weeks later...

I just started using this a couple days ago and it has been good, though this morning i wake up to these random errors being shown.

Warning: array_merge(): Argument #2 is not an array in /home//public_html/forum/hooks/boardIndexRecentPosts_0353877b04c6f4e2ad6d4cb3ead02826.php on line 140

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home//public_html/forum/hooks/boardIndexRecentPosts_0353877b04c6f4e2ad6d4cb3ead02826.php:140) in /home//public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home//public_html/forum/hooks/boardIndexRecentPosts_0353877b04c6f4e2ad6d4cb3ead02826.php:140) in /home//public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home//public_html/forum/hooks/boardIndexRecentPosts_0353877b04c6f4e2ad6d4cb3ead02826.php:140) in /home//public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home//public_html/forum/hooks/boardIndexRecentPosts_0353877b04c6f4e2ad6d4cb3ead02826.php:140) in /home//public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home//public_html/forum/hooks/boardIndexRecentPosts_0353877b04c6f4e2ad6d4cb3ead02826.php:140) in /home//public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141

I know it's not a lot of help but i literally went to bed everything working wake up 10 hours later to these errors showing on every page.

I disabled the hook and removed it, downloaded a new copy (from here - http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/4548-recent-posts-sidebar-block/) and then re installed the hook and it fixed it. Going to keep an eye on it though because i have no idea what caused it in the first place.

I read a couple other posts in this thread about these errors, did anyone find a fix or a cause ?

Hate to double posts but i think i just found out the reason why it did that though im not sure how to fix so i will post the info here in hopes it helps someone else.

One of the posts within the recent post blocked seemed broken, it was only showing 4 out of the 5 posts i have it set to show - here is an image,

gallery_1_173_21096.png

You can see that the last posts has no Title, Member Name, Content, and just a little arrow link. The link goes to this URL which is not a topic URL - /forum/index.php?showtopic=&view=getlastpos

I just posted something so a new post would appear and that last one would go away and it fixed everything. Though i don't know a way to fix this so it doesn't happen again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hate to double posts but i think i just found out the reason why it did that though im not sure how to fix so i will post the info here in hopes it helps someone else.

One of the posts within the recent post blocked seemed broken, it was only showing 4 out of the 5 posts i have it set to show - here is an image,

You can see that the last posts has no Title, Member Name, Content, and just a little arrow link. The link goes to this URL which is not a topic URL - /forum/index.php?showtopic=&view=getlastpos

I just posted something so a new post would appear and that last one would go away and it fixed everything. Though i don't know a way to fix this so it doesn't happen again.

​A new version has been uploaded to the Marketplace to fix this issue.

Dear HeadStand,

Thank you very much for your Recent Posts Sideblock.

I'm very new to IPB and using the above code I'm not getting the Recent Posts Avatar positioned like in the Recent Topics.

With the first set off code I ge this (the avatar doesn't block off the left side and some titles wrap under it)

post-534579-0-34809000-1414843419_thumb.

With the second set of code I get this (the avatar is above all the text)

post-534579-0-96279100-1414843426_thumb.

Could you suggest the code that would have the avatar on the left and the text on the right like the Recent Topics?

Thank you either way in advance,

Shawn

Completely untested, but try this...​

<if test="hasRecentPosts:|:is_array($recentPosts) && count($recentPosts)">
  <div class='ipsSideBlock'>
	<h3>{$this->lang->words['recentposts_title']}</h3>
    <ul class='ipsList_withminiphoto'> 
      <foreach loop="posts:$recentPosts as $post">
        <li class='ipsPad_half' style='word-break: break-word;'>
          <div class='left'>{IPSMember::buildProfilePhoto($post['last_poster_id'], 'mini')}</div>
          <div class='list_content'>
            <a href='{parse url="showtopic={$post['tid']}&amp;view=getnewpost" base="public" seotitle="{$post['title_seo']}" template="showtopicunread"}'><b>{$post['title']}</b></a>&nbsp;<a href='{parse url="showtopic={$post['tid']}&amp;view=getlastpost" base="public" template="showtopic" seotitle="{$post['title_seo']}"}' title='{$this->lang->words['view_last_post']}'>{parse replacement="f_lastpost"}</a>
            <br/> 
            <if test="forum:|:$this->settings['hsc_rp_showforum']">
              {$this->lang->words['forum']}: <a href='{parse url="showforum={$post['forum_id']}" base="public" seotitle="{$post['forum_name_seo']}" template="showforum"}'>{$post['forum_name']}</a>
              <br/>
            </if> 
            <if test="starterInfo:|:$this->settings['hsc_rp_start']">
              {$this->lang->words['started_by']}: {IPSMember::makeProfileLink($post['starter_name'], $post['starter_id'], $post['seo_first_name'])}&nbsp;<span class='date'>({parse date="$post['start_date']" format="SHORT"})</span> 
              <br/> 
            </if> 
            <if test="firstPost:|:$this->settings['hsc_rp_post'] == 'F'"> 
              {$post['post']} 
              <br/> 
            </if> 
            <if test="views:|:$this->settings['hsc_rp_views']"> 
              <span class='desc lighter'>{$this->lang->words['views']} {parse format_number="$post['views']"} &nbsp; {$this->lang->words['replies']}: {parse format_number="$post['posts']"}</span> 
              <br/> 
            </if> 
            <if test="lastPostInfo:|:$this->settings['hsc_rp_last']"> 
              {$this->lang->words['last_reply']}: {IPSMember::makeProfileLink($post['last_poster_name'], $post['last_poster_id'], $post['seo_last_name'])}&nbsp;<span class='date'>({parse date="$post['last_post']" format="SHORT"})</span> 
              <br/> 
            </if> 
            <if test="lastPost:|:$this->settings['hsc_rp_post'] == 'L' && $post['post']">
              {$post['post']} 
            </if> 
          </div>
        </li> 
      </foreach>
    </ul>
  </div>
  <br />
</if>

• 3 weeks later...

Found another bug which id like to report :thumbsup:

It seems that it bugs out if the latest poster happens to be a guest. I allow guests to post in some sections of my forum and today i noticed these php errors at the top of the page and i have traced it down to a guest post trying to be displayed in the side bar.

Warning: Illegal string offset 'member_id' in /home/REMOVED/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 2961

Warning: Illegal string offset 'member_group_id' in /home/REMOVED/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 2982

Warning: Illegal string offset 'member_group_id' in /home/REMOVED/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 2984

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/REMOVED/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php:2961) in /home/REMOVED/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/REMOVED/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php:2961) in /home/REMOVED/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/REMOVED/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php:2961) in /home/REMOVED/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/REMOVED/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php:2961) in /home/REMOVED/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/REMOVED/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php:2961) in /home/REMOVED/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141

Aside from the errors though the sidebar seems to look normal, here is a screenshot the bottom one is the guest post.

gallery_1_173_11078.png

Not sure if it matters but my guest prefix is "Guest_" and the suffix is "_*" which results in guest names showing up like "Guest_MEMBERNAME_*"

• 3 weeks later...

What's problem ?

I'm on IPB 3.4.7.

Warning: Illegal string offset 'member_id' in /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 2961

Warning: Illegal string offset 'member_group_id' in /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 2982

Warning: Illegal string offset 'member_group_id' in /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 2984

Warning: Thawing bitwise options for MEMBERS: Bitwise field 'bw_is_spammer' has overwritten DB field 'bw_is_spammer' in /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 3399

Warning: Thawing bitwise options for MEMBERS: Bitwise field 'bw_from_sfs' has overwritten DB field 'bw_from_sfs' in /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 3399

Warning: Thawing bitwise options for MEMBERS: Bitwise field 'bw_vnc_type' has overwritten DB field 'bw_vnc_type' in /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 3399

Warning: Thawing bitwise options for MEMBERS: Bitwise field 'bw_forum_result_type' has overwritten DB field 'bw_forum_result_type' in /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 3399

Warning: Thawing bitwise options for MEMBERS: Bitwise field 'bw_no_status_update' has overwritten DB field 'bw_no_status_update' in /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 3399

Warning: Thawing bitwise options for MEMBERS: Bitwise field 'bw_status_email_mine' has overwritten DB field 'bw_status_email_mine' in /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 3399

Warning: Thawing bitwise options for MEMBERS: Bitwise field 'bw_status_email_all' has overwritten DB field 'bw_status_email_all' in /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 3399

Warning: Thawing bitwise options for MEMBERS: Bitwise field 'bw_disable_customization' has overwritten DB field 'bw_disable_customization' in /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 3399

Warning: Thawing bitwise options for MEMBERS: Bitwise field 'bw_local_password_set' has overwritten DB field 'bw_local_password_set' in /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 3399

Warning: Thawing bitwise options for MEMBERS: Bitwise field 'bw_disable_tagging' has overwritten DB field 'bw_disable_tagging' in /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 3399

Warning: Thawing bitwise options for MEMBERS: Bitwise field 'bw_disable_prefixes' has overwritten DB field 'bw_disable_prefixes' in /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 3399

Warning: Thawing bitwise options for MEMBERS: Bitwise field 'bw_using_skin_gen' has overwritten DB field 'bw_using_skin_gen' in /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 3399

Warning: Thawing bitwise options for MEMBERS: Bitwise field 'bw_disable_gravatar' has overwritten DB field 'bw_disable_gravatar' in /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 3399

Warning: Thawing bitwise options for MEMBERS: Bitwise field 'bw_paste_plain' has overwritten DB field 'bw_paste_plain' in /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 3399

Warning: Thawing bitwise options for MEMBERS: Bitwise field 'bw_html_sig' has overwritten DB field 'bw_html_sig' in /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 3399

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php:3399) in /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php:3399) in /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php:3399) in /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php:3399) in /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php:3399) in /home/planetad/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141

Just disable the hook for the time being lol.

Things I've noticed that will show those errors:

• Guest Posts (look fine in the hook but will error out - guessing something to do with the name or no profile link)
  • Deleted / Hidden Posts

This really is a great hook though, i hope headstand releases an updated to fix these issues.

While it's not a good fix (or any type of fix for that matter lol) is there a way we can just disable php errors from showing for that app ?

Just disable the hook for the time being lol.

Things I've noticed that will show those errors:

• Guest Posts (look fine in the hook but will error out - guessing something to do with the name or no profile link)
  • Deleted / Hidden Posts

This really is a great hook though, i hope headstand releases an updated to fix these issues.

While it's not a good fix (or any type of fix for that matter lol) is there a way we can just disable php errors from showing for that app ?

A new version has been uploaded to the Marketplace. It contains a fix for this issue.

In a million billion years, I will never understand people's impatience or level of inconsiderateness. My signature, for almost 2 weeks, stated in big bold red letters, quite clearly, that there was a death in the family, that I was out of the office, and that I was catching up and to please bear with me. Apparently people seem to think that support for a hook - a FREE hook no less, is more important than any family obligations or personal issues that may be going on at the time. I removed this notice from my signature only 2 days ago. 

I apologize for the delays, but really... I think people need to get a little education in giving the benefit of the doubt.

• 3 weeks later...

A new version has been uploaded to the Marketplace. It contains a fix for this issue.

In a million billion years, I will never understand people's impatience or level of inconsiderateness. My signature, for almost 2 weeks, stated in big bold red letters, quite clearly, that there was a death in the family, that I was out of the office, and that I was catching up and to please bear with me. Apparently people seem to think that support for a hook - a FREE hook no less, is more important than any family obligations or personal issues that may be going on at the time. I removed this notice from my signature only 2 days ago. 

I apologize for the delays, but really... I think people need to get a little education in giving the benefit of the doubt.

​Oh really sorry, I didn't take care of watch your signature...

Condolences.

• 2 months later...

I have problem...when i installed is ok for 5 minutes, after 5 minutes, the index page is not loading...
others are ok, on topics i mean..
But i need to unistall it so index will work again, what to do?
Im using 3.4.7

I've never heard of that issue. You must be getting an error somewhere. What do you mean by "not loading" - is it a blank white screen? Does it just load really slowly? Please clarify.​

I want to buy it if the problem that i have it's fixed. Thanks.

The hook is free. Nothing to buy. ;) 

Archived