Recent Posts (Sidebar Block)

HeadStand

if you put your change back and disable the hook, do you still get those errors? I'd be willing to bet that the errors appear with whatever hook is executed first.

Actually I did enable recent topics hook, and it worked fine withh no errors at top. But when I enabled recent posts, the errors went back on top. So I used the default favicon file name and the errors went away, even with both hooks enabled
That was yesterday, but today, after reading your reply, I went and changed the the favicon to the custom file name, and at last no errors, with both hooks enabled.

Its a mystery to me.. why I don't know.. but anyway what counts is that everything is fine now..
Many thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If it's of any use, I'd upgraded from 3.1.4 to 3.3.4 and overwrote the hook with the newer one. Maybe that caused it to show hidden/deleted posts? I should have thought earlier to try re-installing it, doh, I didn't :blush: (too tired from working on skin and upgrade).

Headstand, I hope you'll continue with this hook for future versions as it's the only one that goes in the sidebar and is the best :smile:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It doesn't really work for me on 3.4. Maybe i just did something wrong because for me(in 3.4) the skeletonTemplate don't show up in PORTAL templates category.

Can we expect an update for 3.4 ?

Are you looking at the right mod? This mod is not related to the Portal at all....

Will this work on 3.4?

I haven't tested it, but I see no reason why it shouldn't.

• 1 month later...

@HeadStand

This hook is working fine with version 3.4.2, here: http://www.gawaher.com/

But if a post starts with a quote, it shows the text of that quote instead of the text of the reply post itself.

Can it be modified to skip quotes please?

How can I do that, if possible?

Many thanks in advance.

I also noticed that in 4.3.2 the latest posts show only the first sentence for each post, even though its set to show the first 300 characters.

Another bug seen in 4.3.2: youtube links show up as links in latest posts block. It used to be hidden before.

So there are 3 bugs with 4.3.2:

1- quotes are shown

2- links to youtube videos are shown

3- only first paragraph is shown, even if its less than the minimum characters set in acp.

• 2 weeks later...

Suddenly this hook started giving errors in my 3.4.2 board:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /hooks/boardIndexRecentPosts_364a85630c9dc590090b5dcbdae1c4d2.php on line 116

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hooks/boardIndexRecentPosts_364a85630c9dc590090b5dcbdae1c4d2.php:116) in /admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hooks/boardIndexRecentPosts_364a85630c9dc590090b5dcbdae1c4d2.php:116) in /admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hooks/boardIndexRecentPosts_364a85630c9dc590090b5dcbdae1c4d2.php:116) in /admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hooks/boardIndexRecentPosts_364a85630c9dc590090b5dcbdae1c4d2.php:116) in /admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hooks/boardIndexRecentPosts_364a85630c9dc590090b5dcbdae1c4d2.php:116) in /admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141

I had to disable the hook until I find a fix.

Can someone please help me?

What went wrong? it was working fine until yesterday, and I changed nothing!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The hook is displaying hidden/deleted posts in the sidebar for me.

If someone makes a post in a topic, deletes it, it will still show in the sidebar hook, but it will appear the deleted post was made by another member. (The member that made a post before the latest one was deleted)