Recent Posts (Sidebar Block)

HeadStand

What an idiot! Got it working, just needed to select the forums to be displayed in the hook settings! However, that is somewhat worrying, if I want to add more forums, will I have to got into the hook each time to select the additions?

that.... lol...
it functions exactly as the hook does.... i just stepped in and ported it to block.

Headstand, is it possible to have the forums show all forums by default (setting 2), and then select which forums you DON'T want to display. In essence, exactly what setting 9 (Groups) does?

Not without breaking all existing installations. ;)

I could add another setting or something, maybe. This week is packed for me, but I'll schedule enhancements for this hook for early next week.

guys, i need to have this block display every single recent post. currently it only shows 'last post'. so if 4 users comment under one topic, i need this block to show 4 separate updates, not just 1. please help urgently.

Totally different kind of hook, sorry. What you're looking for is more of a feed. This particular hook is not meant to function that way.

that.... lol...

it functions exactly as the hook does.... i just stepped in and ported it to block.

Thanks for your help, BTW. My schedule has been crazy lately... and for some reason I'm following this topic and never received a single notification of any of these replies. :(

I have one more idea for the next release, if possible. At present the first line is the topic title. It would be great if you could hover over the title of the topic, and it popped up the first post within the topic.

A bit like when you hover over a members name. It would mean that people could decide whether that topic is going to be something that they would be interested in opening properly and reading the remainder of the topic.

• 1 month later...

Today i realized taht use of this hook cousing server CPU and RAM overloads...I have used this hook ~2 month everything was fine untill today. Disabled hook and serve back online again...Can you investigate this?

Could you please tell me what values you had for each setting for this hook?

Depending on the size of your board (how many members, how active) there are ways you can fine-tune this.

Is there a way to make the links jump to last post in the topic? On my board the links always lead to the first post in the topic (even when I set it to display the contents of the last post) and that's quite an annoyance if the topic has more than one page...

%7Boption%7DCavey, on 22 November 2011 - 08:12 PM, said:

Headstand, is it possible to have the forums show all forums by default (setting 2), and then select which forums you DON'T want to display. In essence, exactly what setting 9 (Groups) does?
Not without breaking all existing installations. %7Boption%7D

I could add another setting or something, maybe. This week is packed for me, but I'll schedule enhancements for this hook for early next week.

Any news on this, as it's essential

A new version has been uploaded to the Marketplace. It includes the following changes:

• Topic links now go to the first unread post (instead of the first post in the topic)
  • Formatted member names are replaced with standard member hover cards
  • Additional setting to "exclude" selected forums (instead of include)
  • Minor changes to improve performance

A new version has been uploaded to the Marketplace. It includes the following changes:

• Topic links now go to the first unread post (instead of the first post in the topic)
  • Formatted member names are replaced with standard member hover cards
  • Additional setting to "exclude" selected forums (instead of include)
  • Minor changes to improve performance

Awesome, thx, though I should have checked (sry), will give it a go now :)

• 4 weeks later...

this sidebar doesnt show formatted for me.

all other sidebars are.

am i missing something here?

edit: i just noticed you changed that on a recent update. can we have hover card and formatted names all together? is there any change i can do to achieve this?

I originally took it out because it was affecting performance (extra queries per post). Let me see if I can pull that differently.

this sidebar doesnt show formatted for me.

all other sidebars are.

am i missing something here?

edit: i just noticed you changed that on a recent update. can we have hover card and formatted names all together? is there any change i can do to achieve this?

... and done. Check out the latest version in the Marketplace. ;)