Recent Posts (Sidebar Block)

HeadStand

Setting the content length to 0 tells the hook to display the entire post. If you want to hide the content completely, set "Post Content" to "None".

System Settings -> HeadStand -> [HSC] Recent Posts (Sidebar Block)

Unfortunately the settings are not showing on my forum, I know where they should be as I run 2 forums and there is no hook settings for this hook.
Why is the question?
Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...

This is THE BEST recent topics sidebar hook. We found they are critical to keeping our discussions going. Ours it live at http://mazda626.net and it look fantastic!

One minor feature request, can we have an option to either jump to start of topic or jump to most recent post? That way people can choose where it jumps you to in the conversation.

Thanks!

Just upgraded to 3.2.3 and get this "warning" on "manage hooks" in front of your hook.

PHP Version Your version 5.2.17 Additional Application: Forums Your version OK 3.2.3 Minimum version ERROR Your version of the application is too old to support this hook. Minimum: 3.2.0 Beta 1

some help or solution?

regards
bosss

Just upgraded to 3.2.3 and get this "warning" on "manage hooks" in front of your hook.

PHP Version Your version 5.2.17 Additional Application: Forums Your version OK 3.2.3 Minimum version ERROR Your version of the application is too old to support this hook. Minimum: 3.2.0 Beta 1

some help or solution?

regards

bosss

That's.... weird. And sounds like an IPS bug? I'm not doing anything other than entering the version number in the configuration. I can remove the requirement completely, but definitely sounds like a bug.

That's.... weird. And sounds like an IPS bug? I'm not doing anything other than entering the version number in the configuration. I can remove the requirement completely, but definitely sounds like a bug.

Posted in tracker. Get this warnings for 5 Hooks. Rest is ok.

regards and thanks for reply

bosss

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sure, but no timeline right now. I have to first finish upgrading my existing mods before I can start producing new ones (people might have my head otherwise). Feel free to remind me in a couple of weeks if you don't see it available.

Please, please , please can you create this as a IP.Content block. It's such a great tool, but a lot of us use IP.Content as our home page and not the forums.

I've looked for it, but can't find it, so am guessing that 2 week reminder from the other guy didn't happen, lol.

Please, please , please can you create this as a IP.Content block. It's such a great tool, but a lot of us use IP.Content as our home page and not the forums.

I've looked for it, but can't find it, so am guessing that 2 week reminder from the other guy didn't happen, lol.

Until such time this is a nice mod for ipcontent

http://community.inv...5-recent-posts/

..... it takes max 10 minutes....
http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/articles.html/_/ipcontent/how-to-port-an-output-hook-to-a-content-block-r584
open up the hook .php file.... rock it...... jeeeeez.

Until such time this is a nice mod for ipcontent

http://community.inv...5-recent-posts/

Sorry but that block just doesn't give enough information, hence why I'm looking at this topic. Thanks for posting it all the same.

..... it takes max 10 minutes....

http://community.inv...tent-block-r584

open up the hook .php file.... rock it...... jeeeeez.

Hi MT, thx for video link, it's very informative, and I've bookmarked it for future use. However I tried it with this hook, which looks somewhat more complicated than the video demo, and as a consequence I was getting _getTopic css errors. I don't suppose you could help on this?

Thx.

Sorry but that block just doesn't give enough information, hence why I'm looking at this topic. Thanks for posting it all the same.

Hi MT, thx for video link, it's very informative, and I've bookmarked it for future use. However I tried it with this hook, which looks somewhat more complicated than the video demo, and as a consequence I was getting _getTopic css errors. I don't suppose you could help on this?

Thx.

yes, seems Headstand is using multiple functions..... I do hope this is acceptable, but here's the ported block:
block_recent-hsc-port.xml