Easy Pages

Ryan H.

i am so lost

when i got this i thought it would add a page to my main forums page..

where exactly does it make pages?

are they seperate pages like they would be buttons up on the menu? forums members etc?

really I am new here so be gentle

smiles

thanks

It does not replace the main forums page.

It adds new URLs to your website, and you can put any content on those URLs that you want.

You can add ONE button to a page on the menu, by activating the public app tab. If saving that setting gives a 404 page, you should contact IPS support for a solution.

ok i get this error when i try to change the tabs to NO (dont hide tabs)

i asked support here whats up with this error they said ask my host

the host said since i got to the link via browser its probably not the host.

must be something set wrong in my software then or someway i set it up installed it perhaps not sure

if i cant change the hide tabs to know will this work whats the way around it

also if you know of a way to fix this error please let me know

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forums/admin/index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

i take it tabs would show up on the menu buttons?

if i cant change hide the tabs to NO is there a way to get this working so i can have other pages..

and have them accessed via the board

I am starting to get the hang of this

but still need to know how to get pages accessable

There is nothing built in to make the pages accessible. You need to add links to the pages yourself. You can find the links from the list of pages in the admin.

ok i get this error when i try to change the tabs to NO (dont hide tabs)

i asked support here whats up with this error they said ask my host

the host said since i got to the link via browser its probably not the host.

must be something set wrong in my software then or someway i set it up installed it perhaps not sure

if i cant change the hide tabs to know will this work whats the way around it

also if you know of a way to fix this error please let me know

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forums/admin/index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

ok i like it so far its half working but i cant get the tabs due to this error when i try that setting

i called my host more than once about this error they say now they looked at the index.php and say might be something missing at the end

but they also said that since its a 3rd party app (and it only does it on 3rd party apps) that it might be that yours and others are missing code

does anyone else have this problem?

i have been on the phone many times today with the host server.

they are 99% sure its not a host fault

they blame it either on the software it self missing some code in the admin index php or the 3rd party apps

i had a other 3rd party app that did the same thing in one of the setting menus smart skin.

yet worked around that by editing the the setting page line itself changing a default from 1 to 0 changed the yes or no box in that particular line yet in easy pages no such edit is possible

if you could change this next time would be great so a full complete edit around this type thing would work

i am not sure why

anyways I like it so far i can just put the link in a forum for the pages that will work ok for me

I am not sure what or where the tabs would be if i could set it to no but would like to see

if they would be on the menu buttons up top that would be so fantastic

thanks for your input anyways

i like it thank you so much for doing your work

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I am currently running IPB 3.3.4 with Easy Pages v1.1.0 with several existing pages.

I need to upgrade because of spam bots to IPB 3.4.6 and apparently Easy Pages 1.1.3, is there anything special I should do other than upgrade IPB first and then Easy Pages? Thanks in advance for any tips/help.

Hi there,

I am currently running IPB 3.3.4 with Easy Pages v1.1.0 with several existing pages.

I need to upgrade because of spam bots to IPB 3.4.6 and apparently Easy Pages 1.1.3, is there anything special I should do other than upgrade IPB first and then Easy Pages? Thanks in advance for any tips/help.

Nope, that's it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can I create something like what starts here? -> United States -> CA -> any company at top of list

(I just bought my board and haven't started configuring it yet.)

I understand that if it does, I would have to write the navigation. I want to keep a map type navigation (currently swf) and the final page is created by customers using a built in editor.

Thanks in advance for the response.

Can I create something like what starts here? -> United States -> CA -> any company at top of list

(I just bought my board and haven't started configuring it yet.)

I understand that if it does, I would have to write the navigation. I want to keep a map type navigation (currently swf) and the final page is created by customers using a built in editor.

Thanks in advance for the response.

Is it possible? Definitely... pretty much anything is possible. I've written a fairly extensive app that started out as a few different PHP pages in this.

Will it be simple? No. If you want it dynamic (searching, companies pulled from a database), you're going to have to know PHP and the IPB framework. If you're happy with static content, you're going to have a lot of pages and a lot of manual updating to do. For database-oriented data, you may be better off with the official IP.Content app.

Man, you are fast to respond - Thanks!

I wrote that site using FileMaker on the backend. I've got a very bad memory so I'm slow to get back into my old work but that I can do. My concern is working with something that's not mine such as the IPB framework and especially things like integrating the editor.

If it can be done though, that's great! Having that part integrated with the rest of the site is why I had to write the entire site to start with.

Thanks again!

Man, you are fast to respond - Thanks!

I wrote that site using FileMaker on the backend. I've got a very bad memory so I'm slow to get back into my old work but that I can do. My concern is working with something that's not mine such as the IPB framework and especially things like integrating the editor.

If it can be done though, that's great! Having that part integrated with the rest of the site is why I had to write the entire site to start with.

Thanks again!

Technically, using the IPB framework is not strictly necessary--you could run manual queries, it's just evaluated PHP. It makes things easier though. If you're looking at adding the editor and user-submitted content, though... again, you would really probably be better off with Content or some other alternative. At that point you may as well do it proper and build an entire application for it (which should not be as intimidating as it might sound).

• 3 months later...

Ryan? Have you been made aware that the version number is (hopefully) wrong in this latest version? Its listed as 1.1.3, but when installing it shows up as 1.1.2.
Thats just an oversight, right? I didn't inadvertently grab an older version...from the primary download page?

Ryan? Have you been made aware that the version number is (hopefully) wrong in this latest version? Its listed as 1.1.3, but when installing it shows up as 1.1.2.
Thats just an oversight, right? I didn't inadvertently grab an older version...from the primary download page?

Thanks. :) Yes, that's just an oversight--you're fine. It was a minor code change that didn't require the upgrade process, and so I ... forgot it. Fixing it at this point would give everyone a 'file updated!' notice, and that wouldn't really help anyone. I'll make sure it's fixed with the next proper update.

Hi, I've looked back through all the messages and have tried some fixes but the page I've made is still not showing, only taking me to my board index. Hoping you can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Probably trying the wrong URL. Can you PM me admin credentials to look?

• 2 months later...