Download: Faceboard 3.2

Taylor J

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Faceboard 3.2
File Submitter: TheRevTastic
File Submitted: 05 Aug 2011
File Updated: 21 Nov 2011
File Category: Light Skins

Faceboard is a skin based off the popular social networking site Facebook. It contains similarity's between the two such as colors, and general layout for most parts. If you want people that use Facebook to be familiar with your site, Faceboard is the skin for you!

This skin works with the following addons

-Calender
-Blogs
-Downloads
-Gallery
-IP.Content

IP.Nexus and Chat support will be coming soon!

How to install the skin: http://community.inv...ing-a-skin-r543

Click here to download this file

Updated to v2.0.1!

Thanks to Mikey of www.Offtopichut.com for fixing some things I had missed due to sleep and providing the fixes so I could get the update out faster!

Also I have added a demo of the skin using his site until I can get an official one up!

#primary_nav .active a
It doesn't match the color of theheader_bar, it would look better if it matched.

The maintitles are to tall.

It needs more shades of blue.

The logo text is horrible

Them and a few other changes would make it a really good skin. It's not got the final 10% it needs.

Sorry for the late update, the skin works with no problems on 3.2.1 as far as I can tell so no need to update the skin at the moment.

#primary_nav .active a

It doesn't match the color of theheader_bar, it would look better if it matched.

The maintitles are to tall.

It needs more shades of blue.

The logo text is horrible

Them and a few other changes would make it a really good skin. It's not got the final 10% it needs.

The color for active links will be changing soon, I have been thinking about changing it to match that color for awhile now.

The maintitles will most likely be staying the same height, as some like tall maintitles, some like small ones, an easy change in the css to make it smaller.

I don't plan on adding anymore shades of blue, I am keeping it as minimal as possible and it goes with Facebooks colors.

The logo text is easy to change in the html template (which will soon have a detailed example in it) but people that have purchased the skin can read the read me file to see how to do it for now. The font can also be changed via css as it's a google web font. I doubt anybody will keep the default text/font anyways.

Hi,

I have just purchased this skin and installed it.

On my install when I view it in firefox and google chrome it looks fine but in internet explorer 8 the create count overlays the sign in text on the index page.

Hi,

Just to add I have added facebook and twitter connect and they have pushed the sign in text even furthur under the create account button in IE8

I'll see what I can do, I usually only support the latest browser version (ie: Firefox 6, Safari 5, Latest google chrome, IE 9) but it's easier to support multiple versions of Firefox, Chrome, and Safari because they don't change the looks of a site/skin/style with every update :P.
  • 2 weeks later...

Forget about IE, nearly everyone has started using Google Chrome unless they do not understand that other browsers exist or are very new to the computer in which case.... In the world of today with 99% of teens and young adults being up to date (having either Firefox or Chrome), you really should not have these problems like fixing stuff for IE 8.... on a serious level, anyone who is visiting your website in that browser obviously is not worthy or has the slightest idea of how bad of a browser IE really is and that even IE 9 has major issues that Microsoft has always been choosing to ignore... with every new version of IE.

Personally, as a webmaster and developer for skinning, i gave up on IE and id rather include a message that alerts the user why IE is garbage and why no real website programmer will use it as their main browser and tool because lets just face it... its absolute feces.

One thing though... alteast i know with Windows 8 and the development of IE 9, they have started working towards touch-screen functionality and IE 9 is getting there. Its becoming like Safari on the iPad, very easy to navigate with.. A flick with your finger on the screen will drag the screen down and make the browsing sensation almost as smooth as Safari on IOS.

My two cents. Nice Theme, Thanks for the work Mikey. :)

Forget about IE, nearly everyone has started using Google Chrome unless they do not understand that other browsers exist or are very new to the computer in which case.... In the world of today with 99% of teens and young adults being up to date (having either Firefox or Chrome), you really should not have these problems like fixing stuff for IE 8.... on a serious level, anyone who is visiting your website in that browser obviously is not worthy or has the slightest idea of how bad of a browser IE really is and that even IE 9 has major issues that Microsoft has always been choosing to ignore... with every new version of IE.

Personally, as a webmaster and developer for skinning, i gave up on IE and id rather include a message that alerts the user why IE is garbage and why no real website programmer will use it as their main browser and tool because lets just face it... its absolute feces.

One thing though... alteast i know with Windows 8 and the development of IE 9, they have started working towards touch-screen functionality and IE 9 is getting there. Its becoming like Safari on the iPad, very easy to navigate with.. A flick with your finger on the screen will drag the screen down and make the browsing sensation almost as smooth as Safari on IOS.

My two cents. Nice Theme, Thanks for the work Mikey. :smile:

It's still a supported browser though :'(.
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived