Download: [MM32] Make popular tags BIGGER and BOLDER!

Mod-Mall.com

File Name: [MM32] Make popular tags BIGGER and BOLDER!
File Submitter: Mod-Mall.com
File Submitted: 04 Aug 2011
File Updated: 08 Sep 2011
File Category: Hooks and Plugins

This modification will help those of you that use the Official IPS Tags sidebar on your forum home

It will make your tags bigger (and because of this bolder) the more popular it gets... It has 5 levels (the same as the default one), and works in tandum with the normal CSS that make your tags bolder..

This modification will add a small copyright link to your footer, if you wish to remove this you may PM me for information.

Click here to download this file

this ties into the normal recent tag modification that IPS use...

By default they use 5 levels, and this is where the mod ties into it... I'm not sure on what cause them to go up and down a level but I do know 5 is least used and 1 is most.

I will look into this for you and see if I can make the levels a little more diverse :)

the above link indicates 8 levels

Its a big problem now as I have around 60 plus tags showing so need to limit the amount of tags showing and also I'm guessing the tagging system should really get its figures over a time limit

for example over the last month, week, hour as options depending on how busy your board is otherwise the big tags will just show the oldest and most common tags rather than tags that reflect what's currently popular as most tag coulds I've seen do

Okay I've figured out how to do this... can you just clarify and/or put in your suggestions... I'm going to add..

• Options to each of the 8 weights so you can set how much bigger you want them - 10% (small), 100% (average), 190% (huge)
  • Options for the tag widget itself
    • Only show X amount of tags
    • Only show tags above a certain weight
    • Only show tags used X amount of times

Any more suggestions?

Okay I've figured out how to do this... can you just clarify and/or put in your suggestions... I'm going to add..

• Options to each of the 8 weights so you can set how much bigger you want them - 10% (small), 100% (average), 190% (huge)
  • Options for the tag widget itself
    • Only show X amount of tags
    • Only show tags above a certain weight
    • Only show tags used X amount of times

Any more suggestions?

I guess you may need an option to select the timescale it takes the tags from IE, last 10/20/30/60/90 for days for example depending on how busy your site is and how much tags are used will obviously show current popular tags I can see a need where you may want to take the figures for the entire site from the begining of the forum too (if you did that though - the sizes have to be relevant to each other, by that I mean that even the lowest number of tags could have several hundred occurances and over a short period that would normally result in the largest font but in this instance it'd need to be the smallest font) or maybe that's getting too complicated. Do you understand what I mean? I believe IPB have set a limit of 50 tags to show in 3.2.1, don't know if that affects what you're doing or if they have anything else planned for 3.2.2

please explain why this hook inserts "Mod-Mall.com - IPB Freelancers" text and link at the bottom of every single page of our forums?

If every hook author did this, some forums would have a column list of 30+ links at the bottom of their forums.

I shall be checking whether this is against IPB's T&C for hooks.

and, just to add insult to injury, its a paid hook, we paid $2.49 LMAO, the money is irrelevant, but still...

please explain why this hook inserts "Mod-Mall.com - IPB Freelancers" text and link at the bottom of every single page of our forums?

If every hook author did this, some forums would have a column list of 30+ links at the bottom of their forums.

and, just to add insult to injury, its a paid hook, we paid $2.49 LMAO, the money is irrelevant, but still...

Easy enough to get rid of by editing the hook file. I didn't agree with it either.

If you had PM me I'd be happy to have told you how to remove it... but instead you report my modification to IPB... I will be looking into the requested tags features but I'm having second thoughts aout releasing them for this mod as clealy $2.49 is LMAO money so why should I bother.

Easy enough to get rid of by editing the hook file. I didn't agree with it either.

Any purchases after this date DO NOT have permission to do this without talking to me first, if you want to remove the copyright PM me...

not the best way to treat all your other customers because one's clearly got on the wrong side of you is it?

Thanks!

It's not the first or last time this will happen, the communities of board owners seem to think they are entitled to free stuffz..

What I've done is now made this mod free unless you want to remove the branding, I think this will make everyone happy.

Archived