Luminous by IPS Themes

Tom Christian

• 4 weeks later...

Tom - skin is amazing. A couple of things:

1 - at least in my package, the gallery is missing some icons (beginning with icon_xxxx) which I grabbed from the stock theme. If they are missing, you might want to put them in here.

2 - Matter of taste and also a not so preferred behavior - I've changed the color of the surrounding boxes of content by making a white png instead of transparent 80% like you have. In many instances the colors just don't match with the primary. Looks pretty good with the green but other than one color, very hard to find another. The issue is that you get a flash of background color and then you see the white (or transparent 80) and it's too much flashing for the eye IMHO. Is there an easy way to just set that area to be white or some solid? I was wondering if padding or borders might do the trick because neither the background color nor the png file makes a difference because they get layered separately after the background is rendered.

Works perfectly with 3.3.4. The only item I have is that the theme doesn't hide the new/old post graphic in the threads view like you can do in the main forum view. All the missing graphics (if any and I may have missed some) can be moved over or converted (png to gif if need be) so there isn't any actual problem with this theme that I reworked in a major way. Love it, kudos to Tom.

Tom - skin is amazing. A couple of things:

1 - at least in my package, the gallery is missing some icons (beginning with icon_xxxx) which I grabbed from the stock theme. If they are missing, you might want to put them in here.

2 - Matter of taste and also a not so preferred behavior - I've changed the color of the surrounding boxes of content by making a white png instead of transparent 80% like you have. In many instances the colors just don't match with the primary. Looks pretty good with the green but other than one color, very hard to find another. The issue is that you get a flash of background color and then you see the white (or transparent 80) and it's too much flashing for the eye IMHO. Is there an easy way to just set that area to be white or some solid? I was wondering if padding or borders might do the trick because neither the background color nor the png file makes a difference because they get layered separately after the background is rendered.

1. Gallery compatibility issues will be fixed soon.

2. Not sure what you mean. Mind showing me a screenshot / demo ?

Seems broken for 3.3.4, any update planed?

The skin works fine with 3.3.4. Have you installed it correctly? (Remember to import skin, settings & images).

Works perfectly with 3.3.4. The only item I have is that the theme doesn't hide the new/old post graphic in the threads view like you can do in the main forum view. All the missing graphics (if any and I may have missed some) can be moved over or converted (png to gif if need be) so there isn't any actual problem with this theme that I reworked in a major way. Love it, kudos to Tom.

I'm aware of the new/old post graphic. This will be fixed soon along with the missing gfx.

The reason I haven't released any updates is because I don't have a computer at the moment :tongue:. I have a MacBook Air (first Apple product) being shipped as I type this (on my work computer) so once that arrives, I'll get to work on the updates in my spare time.

Tom.

1. Gallery seems to work fine. Just missing some graphics in the package that are easily remedied by copying them into the folder for the theme.

2. You have borders around all the areas of the forum that matches the background color you set in the theme. Most probably don't care about this and I was able to fix this editing the template a bit heavily.

3. Will wait for the internal forums to be updated for the new/old post graphic. Hopefully there might be changelogs so upgrading can be made a little easier for us on already edited templates? :)

Best of luck with the new MacBook. I personally love my non-Apple products and swear by them but I hear that it's a nice and very light laptop. Enjoy!

Best of luck with the new MacBook. I personally love my non-Apple products and swear by them but I hear that it's a nice and very light laptop. Enjoy!

I'm the same. I've ways used Android for mobile devices and Windows for desktop. Since starting full-time work (developing web apps for iPad and being surrounded by MACs), I've become a little more fond of them especially for web development.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...