Requested Auto-Installer and IPS broke my Hosted Community forum

altenerg

I pressed the "Auto Installer" button in Client Area since i'm IPS hosted. So the IPS team uploaded the files but now my forum and admin CP is broken with all sorts of database and PHP errors.

Waiting for an email or explanation on why my install is screwed and instructions to complete upgrade. Although, in Admin CP it now says "Unfinished Upgrade" so it seems when they uploaded 3.2.0 files it messed things up even though I was the one who was suppose to do the actual upgrade.

Does a lot of people use the hosted services anyone else had this issue?

Launching the forums in any browser now spits out:

Warning: func_get_arg(): Argument 4 not passed to function in /public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_5/skin_boards.php on line 66
Warning: func_get_arg(): Argument 5 not passed to function in /public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_5/skin_boards.php on line 67
Warning: func_get_arg(): Argument 6 not passed to function in /public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_5/skin_boards.php on line 68
Warning: func_get_arg(): Argument 7 not passed to function in /public_html/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_5/skin_boards.php on line 69
Fatal error: Call to undefined method notifications::getBoardIndexHook() in /public_html/hooks/boardIndexNotifications_*******************************.php on line 23
sitename.com Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

Have you ran the upgrader yet?

If not, go to yoursiteurl.com/admin/upgrade and follow the steps there.

If you get an error on the community index with something about the ssoPublicSessions, just delete that file from the FTP.

No why would I? I was told by IPS: "It [auto Installer button] will upload the files to server, and you will be sent instructions on how to complete the upgrade."

I have not received any instructions. Still awaiting email. In fact after clicking Auto-Installer and submitting it said to wait for email.

But now they've uploaded files the site is broken.

I'm not gonna delete/touch anything I was told to wait for email. If I go deleting stuff then they may say I screwed something up. I just wanted to know if anyone else had this happen to them before.

Of course I submitted a ticket once I noticed forum was screwed. Still awaiting any kind of word on what happened. Will probably self-host after this. :/

Support response:
I think they are upgrading my site cause its broken.

Are they still working on auto-installer? The admin panel now says 3.2.0.

Jason Hanna
01 August 2011 - 12:01 AM

Hello,

They aren't, but now I am.. 15 minutes, should have you up and running.

IPS is great thus far. Here's the last response:

"I'm actually almost done.. And, it's a good thing, because there was an error that would have likely stopped you on it.. I'm past that, and it's ALMOST finished."

Glad I waited as per their instructions.

They are always great with their support. And I've dealt with Jason the most probably and he's always provided great support for me to help solve the issues at hand.

I've always thought there support is excellent every time i've delt with them, i suppose with so many people upgrading to 3.2 board there has been so many issues. I'm awaiting response after 1.5 hours which is dissappointing even if they come back to say we are looking at issue but are very busy fixing other boards i would accept that. Hopefully they will fix my database error soon after my auto installer didn't work %7Boption%7D

You should have received an email with the instructions to complete the upgrade as soon as the files were uploaded. It's possible it hit your spam folder, or a similar issue with the email not being received occurred.

In any event, apologies for the trouble and I'm glad Jason managed to get you all sorted out.

Archived