Community

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New version of iArcade has been submitted to the marketplace and is pending approval.

File Name: iArcade 1.2 File Submitter: Collin1000 File Submitted: 31 Jul 2011 File Category: User and Social Engagement Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.2.x The ever popular iArcade Arcade games

Because we'd much rather get the Arcade itself finished for the majority of the community - a convertor isn't our priority. We're doing this for free, so please don't tell us what we should be doing.

Yeah, that was posted in the ibEconomy support topic, but I wanted to ask my specific question directly because I remember that at one point there were plans to include points in the app itself. It would be a lot easier to do that than to create dozens of hooks to do it from a third party. Not to mention all the ACP infrastructure that would be needed as well, as opposed to a couple additional per-game iArcade settings.

And since points were such an integral part of old arcade systems, I figured it would be included at some point. (edit: no pun intended)

Nothing is stopping you from implementing a feature for yourself - but we do not feel that a downloads area is something that a lightweight Arcade should have out of the box (at this time, anyway).

[img]

[/img]

That's fair enough reasoning. I have sent you a PM about some other stuff. I know you are probably very busy though. :)
  • 1 month later...

hi guys!

i'm looking to have a little arcade gaming contest organized on my little community (with prizes up for grabs) but I need to make sure it's safe. is the mod secure enough? can people cheat their way to getting high scores?

thanks for the reply,

james

In the nature of honest disclosure, our anti cheat methods are based on the ibparcade v32 game encryption format. At the time it was invented, it was state of the art and "cheat proof" however it has been demonstrated that a determined user can indeed defeat the anti-cheat methods. The games are encoded with the v32 format, though, so we're stuck with what they have - we've added some additional anti-cheat layers on top of those, but the core foundation has been proven to be somewhat weak.

ibprov2 scoring games are like a house of straw - easy to blow down.
ibprov32 scoring games are like a house of brick - harder to knock down, but with a hammer (a determined person) it can be done.

Damn... IPB 3.3. is on the way, will we again wait for the next compatible release more than 6 months?

From what I can understand, 3.3 won't break any applications. ;)

What you're forgetting though is your arcade actually works. We have a large number of support tickets with people who can't even get it working due to their server configuration. We're focussing on these people and getting a fully functioning arcade for (almost) all before we release a new version with minor bug fixes.

What you're forgetting though is your arcade actually works. We have a large number of support tickets with people who can't even get it working due to their server configuration. We're focussing on these people and getting a fully functioning arcade for (almost) all before we release a new version with minor bug fixes.

Yes, but it's running only on my test board (and I had to install Beta 1 and THEN Beta 2, because clean Beta 2 had problems with score submitting). And there are some few bugs, so I am waiting for the next release (at least Beta 3) and then I install it on my live board. You could release Beta 3 with all known bugfixes (included score error with clean Beta 2) and problem with score submitting would be fixed in final release. There are plenty bugs and suggestions which could be fixed for Beta 3.
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems that whenever a game finishes it redirects me to the sites index, is there a way to stop this from happening?

That would be because of the scoring hooks most likely, go to 'Disabled Hooks' and see if both "ibProArcade Scoring Support for iArcade" and "iArcade Sidebar Scores" are listed, if they are then you need to enable them ("iArcade Sidebar Scores" shows the most recent scores on the index page but that's usually disabled as well).

Damn... IPB 3.3. is on the way, will we again wait for the next compatible release more than 6 months?

Most likely not.
As Lewis said.... we wanted to get a version out there in the wild. Now we're working on getting it stable with different server setups.

It seems that whenever a game finishes it redirects me to the sites index, is there a way to stop this from happening?

http://iarcademod.com/forums/index.php?/topic/113-most-common-score-submission-issues/