%7Boption%7D

File Name: Soc

File Submitter: DustinRyan

File Submitted: 29 Jul 2011

File Category: Color Change Skins

Supported Versions: IP.Blog 2.6.x, IP.Board 3.4.x, IP.Calendar 3.3.x, IP.Chat 1.4.x, IP.Content 2.3.x, IP.Downloads 2.5.x, IP.Gallery 5.0.x, IP.Nexus 1.5.x

Soc (pronounced 'so-sh') is a wonderful light skin with a casual, yet clean and professional vibe. It's easy on the eyes and is full of bells and whistles to keep any user gazing at it in amusement. The navigation is contained in a simple dropdown menu, while the user navigation is reorganized to scroll with the user on all pages, and also includes a handy back to top button. Next to the back to top button is an amusing little background chooser, which lets you instantly choose a background that fits your style or color preference. Soc is a high quality skin with a look that will never grow old.

Supported add-ons: Blogs, Gallery, Downloads, Calendar, Chat, Content, and Nexus.

*FREE Mobile skin included!*

Note: If you wish to download Soc for IPB 3.3.4, download version 2.2.7 of the skin.

here to download this file

• 5 weeks later...

I have managed to get full width using Safari (removed all hooks) by clicking on the tiny -+ that appears on the right, but how do I do the same for Firefox as I cannot seem to get full width and little box does not appear in Firefox?

The box doesn't appear in Firefox? Is that the same for all skins on your site? I haven't touched the toggle_sidebar on the skin. It's still the default toggle. If it doesn't work on Firefox for this skin, then it shouldn't for any skin. But I remember it working for me in Firefox.

By the way, Hurricane Irene hit here Saturday-Sunday. I have no power. I found a WiFi hotspot in a mall far away. This is the closest I might get to power and internet for a few days. So if I reply late, I am so sorry, I'm trying my best to respond to all customers!

• 2 weeks later...

Broken replacements (broken images):
blog_add_fav
blog_del_fav
blog_editor
blog_email
blog_entries
blog_go
blog_print
blog_views
blog_watch_off
f_cat_read
f_cat_unread
f_locked
f_pass_read
f_pass_unread
f_read
f_unread
gallery_album
gallery_bulk
gallery_c_off
gallery_c_off_cat
gallery_c_on
gallery_c_on_cat
gallery_c_ecard
gallery_friend_only_off
gallery_friend_only_on
gallery_media
gallery_modoptions
gallery_pinned
gallery_private_off
gallery_private_on
gallery_save_img
profile_album_off
profile_album_on
t_hot_read
t_hot_read_dot
t_hot_unread
t_hot_unread_dot
t_poll_read
t_poll_read_dot
t_poll_unread
t_poll_unread_dot

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Ok, thanks.

I removed it and the skin went full width, so what I did was change:

style='margin-top: 85px;'

to

style='margin-top: 0px;'

and that did the trick!

Apologies for the misunderstanding in regards to the bug report, I only put it there if the added image to the editor did not show up (which it did not), and I had to add the image via attaching it to the post.

• 2 weeks later...

After installing several apps and promenu, the skin now displays incorrectly.

8143793257_cbcc87acae_o.png

Now I do intend on changing the main navigation menu, it is still a work in progress.

I was thinking with the moderatorCP link of moving it down a bit so it looks like this (please note that this is the default skin as an example)

8143831252_426a99df7e_o.png

Your thoughts on this, and effectiveness? ("Extra" and "Menu" are from promenu).

Thanks again

I can't be much help with ProMenu because ProMenu has its own styles and way of displaying content. It's a mod by another 3rd party developer. I'm assuming you want to remove the dropdown menu from Soc as it is by default, and instead display your links horizontally across your header?

For now I want to keep the dropdown menu (this is what I will need help with now), but move down the moderatorCP text/color picker from the header to just above the logo (I hope that makes some sense to you).

Eventually I want to remove the dropdown menu, but just trying things to see what works best with these menu's.

I will create a screenshot of what I am after a bit later tonight.

Archived