3.2.0 What Happened To...?

AlexWright

I can't find how to make a forum "Read Only". I've had to use permission sets to mark a forum as read only. As such, This Tracker Topic is still fully active and not fixed at all. There is still not a use for any of those images, as they're not used anywhere on the board index. Not quite sure what's going on there, but was this feature removed for some reason?

There is no longer a setting to mark a forum as read-only, because you can accomplish the exact same thing with permissions (as you've already done). It was rather pointless having two ways to make a forum read-only (given that the setting did virtually nothing else than override the permissions tab).

While that's true, then why is there still an option for f_readonly in the skin replacement variables (The same as all the others listed in the tracker topic). Just the same, how is a member suppose to know without visiting the forum that it is read only? I found the use of the f_readonly.png useful because I could identify from the index which forums where read-only, which I don't classify as redundant.

Archived