-RAW-

Highlight Authors/Usergroups Posts

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Highlight Authors/Usergroups Posts

File Submitter: -RAW-

File Submitted: 26 Jul 2011

File Category: Integration

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.4.x

This modification highlights posts for your forums visitors, either by adding an icon next to the name or changing the class (so you can change the colors of any part of that post)

A topic authors posts throughout his topic, helping your members understand the better
An experts or moderators posts, so members know that the advice they are getting can be relied upon
A donators post, as an added incentive to support your forum
Installation is a snap all you have to do is upload some images and then import the XML

Upload Hook

Log in to your IP.Board Admin CP and visit the System tab -> Applications & Modules -> Manage Hooks page.
In the 'Install a New Hook' section, browse to the XML file included with these instructions and click Open.
Admin Cp Settings

Log in to your IP.Board Admin CP and visit the System tab -> System -> Highlight Posts

Compatibility: 3.4.x,3.3.x, 3.2.x

Original Developer : John Moss

here to download this file

I would buy if it was the post content area. Like make it all highlighted with a light green or something. Maybe you'd be able to add an option in the future?

Clever thinking! I like this idea, it's great that the initial starter of a topic can be distinguished throughout his own topic.

Will buy it once my IP board is ready.

I would buy if it was the post content area. Like make it all highlighted with a light green or something. Maybe you'd be able to add an option in the future?

This is already possible! Will update with the css you need to put into the css text box and screenshot tommorow!

cant find the setting for it after installation on the path described?

Have asked author to take a look, I note its been updated since it was initially approved (by me) and it did work just fine I can assure you. :)

Marking usergroups on the actual Topic List is really the functionality I'm looking for. Any chance this might be updated to include that or is that a completely different mod?

Bought and installed, But all we get is an added icon., No color change on the bars like shown in the photo.

anyoje know what were doing wrong?

thumb-42e1238f9a64d5f01fb7d45b4dea7e36-h

check in your settings it allows you to select if a icon or css

Yep I did try that, Here is my setup. Maybe you see something i did wrong?

1583952842647372bbc4ceb67b7574b6.png3e0150ff40b2b6c6adf375e837e1ebf6.png

Hi

any chances,  to put seprate css classes on separate groups ? i wanted to have green color for one group, and black for mdoerators etc... damn i thought it is possible to do with that not only one color ;>

ok i think you could help me to do it hardcoded for example each group got ID, can you tell me what to put and where to which template to have an option with css to set for example

.usergrouphighlight1 div.post_wrap h3.row2 {
    background: #d9efc6;
}

.usergrouphighlight2 div.post_wrap h3.row2 {
    background: #d9efc6;
}

where 1,2, are groups ID's ? 

next thing is Topic Author i would like to put it right from author not left like now and with text with ip badge ?:)

Edited by nook86