Slow

Zhana

There are a lot of factors at play, so I can't give you a specific reason.

We have database backups running every morning. We frequently get DOS'd or DDOS'd by people unhappy about something. We get large influxes of traffic at varying points throughout the day, especially right after a release (often because our newsletter has just gone out). I can't say why it's slow at a random point in the past, because it's usually no one specific reason.

I am based in the EU and I can get pages loading here, on occasions in half a second. On other occasions the page will just load, sometimes for 30 seconds to a minute and then it loses connection. It's usually working fine again if I leave for five minutes and come back.

There are a lot of factors at play, so I can't give you a specific reason.

We have database backups running every morning. We frequently get DOS'd or DDOS'd by people unhappy about something. We get large influxes of traffic at varying points throughout the day, especially right after a release (often because our newsletter has just gone out). I can't say why it's slow at a random point in the past, because it's usually no one specific reason.

A NoSQL-database would save your ass on this *g* (Yes, I'm just saying)

This morning has been pretty erratic. From 'cannot display the page' to waiting over 30 seconds to move on to the next topic. It is not my connection to Invision as my sites are okay.

We have had other issues at play yesterday that we have been investigating. We did identify a DOS attack, though that is not necessarily the cause of the slowdowns. In any event, our team has been looking into what happened yesterday.

• 4 weeks later...

My board is SOOOOO much slower after being upgraded to 3.2 (and 3.2.1 now). White pages, cannot display page, doesn't post new topics or replies (times out). This was bad enough in the previous version of the software, but worse now. I've changed web hosting providers several times over the past couple of years, but it just keeps getting worse. We only have maybe ten or twelve members at one time, and not a ton of posts per day, but still it's slow even if only one or two members online.

My board is SOOOOO much slower after being upgraded to 3.2 (and 3.2.1 now). White pages, cannot display page, doesn't post new topics or replies (times out). This was bad enough in the previous version of the software, but worse now. I've changed web hosting providers several times over the past couple of years, but it just keeps getting worse. We only have maybe ten or twelve members at one time, and not a ton of posts per day, but still it's slow even if only one or two members online.

You should post in the support forums, because you're experiencing technical issues that are not a part of the regular functionality of the product that is probably also affecting your page load speed.

Archived