Should the calendar now get its own threads?

Christophe

No, it'd be best for them to drop the application entirely and let someone else support it like they did with portal. That way they can spend more time on updating features for IP.Board instead of removing them.

I agree a separate forum should be created for IP.Calendar

No, it'd be best for them to drop the application entirely and let someone else support it like they did with portal. That way they can spend more time on updating features for IP.Board instead of removing them.

I disagree. They dropped support for IP.Portal because they replaced it with IP.Content. You are suggesting they drop IP.Calendar when no replacement exists. There is plenty of room for improvement with the calendar, and if they drop it now and push it to the community, someone will pick it up and overcharge for it. Also despite having plenty of room for improvement, there is very little IP.Calendar addons so it's a lot of wishful thinking that some 'individual' will take on that project.

Even if I didn't have a vested interest in IP.Calendar I'd still think they should improve it to be competitive against other forum software.

I am only asking because I have requested hooks and changes and wanted to give them to the calendar dev team if they would be interested in consolidating everything about the calendar in one place

the calendar is almost more important for some of our customers than the forums

Archived