News Block

Mysterioux

Fair play to the author of this mod, he logged in to my ACP and tried to fix it, but after messing with my template and css, couldn't quite pinpoint the problem.

Either way i've managed to fix the issue with the use of float: left and float: right in the CSS...

https://www.1stinceandelton.org.uk/news

I have bought this, but no instructions on its use for novices mate, what do I do to get the items I want it to display. Any chance of a little tutorial ? Many thanks.

After you import the block, please click on the block and click on step 4 and go from there :)

Fair play to the author of this mod, he logged in to my ACP and tried to fix it, but after messing with my template and css, couldn't quite pinpoint the problem.

Either way i've managed to fix the issue with the use of float: left and float: right in the CSS...

https://www.1stincea...ton.org.uk/news

Im sorry, but it was not easy to fix it using an iPad, i got home 1 hour ago and was ready to fix until i checked that you already had it done.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not understanding this. I imported newsblock1 to test. when it got to step 7 I get this error (see screen attachment). In the readme file, it says to:

FIND <div class='maintitle'>{$title}<a href="URL HERE" class="newsblock_titlelink">See All »</a></div>

REPLACE >>URL HERE<< WITH YOUR OWN URL.

As you can see, I can't find the above in the template and I still get the error. I'm not even sure what exact url I'm suppost to put.. just my www.mysite.com addy or a specific page?

I am not a pro at all this coding/modding and such and some of us need more details until we're more familiar with things. So what do I do?

I'm not understanding this. I imported newsblock1 to test. when it got to step 7 I get this error (see screen attachment). In the readme file, it says to:

As you can see, I can't find the above in the template and I still get the error. I'm not even sure what exact url I'm suppost to put.. just my www.mysite.com addy or a specific page?

I am not a pro at all this coding/modding and such and some of us need more details until we're more familiar with things. So what do I do?

Change your editor :S otherwise the code wont work. (Or reimport it and never edit it.)

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sadly no, sticky topics doesnt remain on the top since i dont think its possible yet but you never know it might come in future versions.

Did you ever make the ability to keep sticky/pinned topics remain at the top of the page? This is something that would be very useful for the setup I have used the News Block for.

If you have created the code for it, could you post it a log with details of where it should be inserted?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

just purchased this and it looks good.

Guests can view our forums, read our posts but to see pictures they need to login.

At the moment the block is showing those pics so we would either like to remove the pictures or just show the file name like in the forums to entice the guest to register.

Can you help with that?

Many thanks

• 2 months later...

Does this replace the current way IP.Content is viewed or does it add to it?

The previous posts about 'pinned' articles is quite important to me, so if it replaces the system it don't think it would be suitable for me but if it adds to the existing setup this would be great. Sorry for the confusion, could you correct me as I am confused.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...