CKE Editor and why?

Rhett

Yeah, that's what I mean when I say it could be the issue instead. The new issue would be that it works but not when the insertion point is flashing in the text area.

I just tested in Safari and it works the same way there too. I will let you report it if you can reproduce it.

• Management

You can add custom font faces by editing:

public/js/3rd_party/ckeditor/ips_config.js

See this page for reference: http://docs.cksource.com/ckeditor_api/symbols/CKEDITOR.config.html#.font_names

You can add fonts to the CKEditor pretty easily by just editing a configuration file.

Thanks for the pointer. I had a look around for the configuration file. Instead of asking where it was =D

In this file:
public/js/3rd_party/ckeditor/config.js

I replaced:

i.font_names='Arial/Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;Comic Sans MS/Comic Sans MS, cursive;Courier New/Courier New, Courier, monospace;Georgia/Georgia, serif;Lucida Sans Unicode/Lucida Sans Unicode, Lucida Grande, sans-serif;Tahoma/Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif;Times New Roman/Times New Roman, Times, serif;Trebuchet MS/Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, sans-serif;Verdana/Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif';

With:

i.font_names='Arial/Arial, Book Antiqua, Calibri, Century Gothic, Helvetica, sans-serif;Comic Sans MS/Comic Sans MS, cursive;Courier New/Courier New, Franklin Gothic Medium, Garamond, Courier, monospace;Georgia/Georgia, Impact, Lucida Console, serif;Lucida Sans Unicode/Lucida Sans Unicode, Lucida Grande, Microsoft Sans Serif, Palatino Linotype, sans-serif;Tahoma/Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif;Times New Roman/Times New Roman, Times, serif;Trebuchet MS/Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, sans-serif;Verdana/Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif';

I restarted my browsers, cleared my cache, and it didn't change anything, any thoughts?

Edit: Thanks Matt, you must of posted while I was posting. I found it made the changes. Nothing happened.

What really turns me off from this thingie is that second I turn richtext off, BBCode buttons stop working. Why? Why I cannot write posts 'ol way? Whats so hard in implementing this that made CKE guys go with "oh, ol' way of writing must go away"? Now I have to make a choice: I use buttons, but way editor text-area works makes browser tricks for text-areas inaccessible anymore (making writing frustrating), or I turn all this mess off and write bbcodes manually because I cant use buttons anymore.

Yeah I really wish that I could just turn RTE off, since I personally don't like it at all, without losing everything and having to type it out manually. %7Boption%7D

In an ideal world, we'd just clean the HTML and store it but as we're still stuck with BBCode we have to convert it to BBCode first then store it. This is where odd line issues creep in.

Why are we stuck with BBCode if it only causes problems? I've never understood why "forums" need to use "BBcode". Why not just replace bbcode with HTML? Then just make a tool like the tool that rebuilds posts to take BBcode and convert it to HTML.

Why are we stuck with BBCode if it only causes problems? I've never understood why "forums" need to use "BBcode". Why not just replace bbcode with HTML? Then just make a tool like the tool that rebuilds posts to take BBcode and convert it to HTML.

Because allowing members to insert html is a security risk that most will not take.

Archived