Download: Improved Avatars

brainiac744

Would the gallery thing add anything different? I only need the url avatars and don't anything else that would bloat out the system.

Great looking app btw might purchase it soon.

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to enable only what you need. :)

Kind Regards,
Haku
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Barlee,

Please note that since IP.Board's 3.2.1 release, I removed functionality from the code (resize avatar on topic view) as it was added in the base IP.Board settings. Therefore, 3.2.1 is recommended by the hook. However, all functionality is tested on 3.2.0, and should work perfectly on either. It just shows the warning in the admin panel.

If you want to disable the warning, just go to the hook list, click the edit button, Requirements tab, and change the minimum version to 32003. Here's a screenshot of what you're looking for.

Overall, I'll probably disable the warning on 1.1.6 -- which should be coming out soon, and include support for avatars from World of Warcraft, as well as some other minor fixes.

post-151483-0-12133600-1313629605_thumb.

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say I've again updated versions. :P

Changelog

• Added verified support for IP.Board 3.2.0 - stops warning users that their version is incompable
  • Actually fixed the CSS issue as described in 1.1.4 changelog.
  • Added support for Avatars from World of Warcraft.

Hi it's possible to translate in my language this sentence ? How to if possible ?

"Use avatar from World of Warcraft Avatar from World of Warcraft "
"Country"
"Realm"
"Character"

The hook bug. When I activate the hook, and I want to upload a photo from my PC, nothing happens. If I disable the hook, everything works again normally.

I made two short videos:

When ImprovedAvatar is enable:
http://screencast.com/t/m38MbYe1

When ImprovedAvatar is disable:
http://screencast.com/t/vIIfk3mL

Thanks

@Andrews:

I'll be releasing galleries into this product. I can't promise a date or a version before they make it in, however, as it's a bit more complicated than the rest of the options so far.

As for your feature suggestion, that's basically an avatar gallery except located in a different place? I'll see what I can do to implement it once galleries are actually in place.

it should be nice if the admin is even able to custom avatar gallery based on group.

I seem to have an issue. No matter what I can't enforce avatars to be cropped off at 150px high if they are uploaded from a URL. Is this a problem with the hook, or settings in my ACP?

Same here. I just thought it was a feature of 3.2 though. Did not realise it may be due to the hook.

Anyway I'm assuming this hook is compatible with 3.2.2?

Anyway I'm assuming this hook is compatible with 3.2.2?

Whoops. Not sure if it was due to re-building the cache or whatnot, but I just lost everyone's avatars that were placed up using this after upgrading to 3.2.2. :sad:

EDIT: Actually.. it wasn't a fault of this, as those who were using Gravatar lost theirs as well.

Hi, sorry, have been busy with real life recently.

As for the bug Älex is reporting, I haven't had a chance to look in detail, but it's not happening on my test boards.

Sorry about the lack of updates, everything has been really crazy in real life for me, but I'm hoping to have an update (at least changing 3.2.2 compatibility, and checking into Alex's bug report) around the 8th-10th (which are my next days off work)

Thank you for you consider the problem ^ ^ I have a World of Warcraft forum and MOD is one of the most important to me.

Sorry about the delay, I've been working on a fix for the javascript issues Alex is experiencing. I have no fix yet, though.

From the looks of t, it actually works, it just doesn't update the popup box images. It's a minor issue.

As to Farron's bug report, I can look into it, but until IP releases 3.2.3, I'm going to call it a bug in IP.Board.

I'm releasing 1.1.7 now, this removes the "incompatible" warning message for ip.board 3.2.2, and no other changes.

• 1 month later...

Upgraded to 3.2.3 and it appears to now be broken!

Strict Standards: Declaration of improvedAvatars_library_member_photo::save() should be compatible with that of classes_member_photo::save() in /home/xboxlips/public_html/hooks/improvedAvatars_library_member_photo_d78971174bb00f55fa559e2f81608dce.php on line 472

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xboxlips/public_html/hooks/improvedAvatars_library_member_photo_d78971174bb00f55fa559e2f81608dce.php:472) in /home/xboxlips/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 322

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xboxlips/public_html/hooks/improvedAvatars_library_member_photo_d78971174bb00f55fa559e2f81608dce.php:472) in /home/xboxlips/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 325

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xboxlips/public_html/hooks/improvedAvatars_library_member_photo_d78971174bb00f55fa559e2f81608dce.php:472) in /home/xboxlips/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 326

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xboxlips/public_html/hooks/improvedAvatars_library_member_photo_d78971174bb00f55fa559e2f81608dce.php:472) in /home/xboxlips/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 327

Archived