(M34) Auto Welcome Members

Michael.J

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, points are not being given when new members join my board.

Because I am using a likes reputation system, I am setting the Points database table to "profile_portal" and the Points field name to "pp_reputation_points". This field is where the members' points are stored. Why does this not get updated?

IPB 3.4.8

Because I am using a likes reputation system, I am setting the Points database table to "profile_portal" and the Points field name to "pp_reputation_points". This field is where the members' points are stored. Why does this not get updated?

You'll need to patch the file to accept this new database. Open admin/applications_addon/other/autowelcome/sources/welcome_members.php

Find:

$this->DB->checkforField( 'member_id', $this->settings['aw_points_database'] )

Replace With:

$this->DB->checkforField( 'pp_member_id', $this->settings['aw_points_database'] )

Save.

• 6 months later...

Is for know what code on what files I have to edit for disable custom template IPB for show only my HTML code.

is here where I have to edit some? 

welcome_members.php

//--------------------------------------------------
        // Send welcome email
        //-------------------------------------------------- 

if( $this->settings['aw_enable_email'] )
        {
            if( $this->settings['email_use_html'] )
            {
                IPSText::getTextClass('email')->setHtmlEmail( true );
                IPSText::getTextClass('email')->setHtmlTemplate( preg_replace( $search, $replace, $this->settings['aw_email_message'] ) );
            }
            else
            {
                IPSText::getTextClass('email')->setPlainTextTemplate( stripslashes( IPSText::getTextClass('email')->cleanMessage( preg_replace( $search, $replace, $this->settings['aw_email_message'] ) ) ) );
            }                    

IPSText::getTextClass( 'email' )->subject = preg_replace( $search, $replace, $this->settings['aw_email_subject'] );            
            IPSText::getTextClass( 'email' )->buildMessage( array() );
            IPSText::getTextClass( 'email' )->to      = $member['email'];

if( $this->settings['aw_email_from'] == "%board_email%" )
            {
                $this->settings['aw_email_from'] = $this->settings['email_out'];
            }

IPSText::getTextClass( 'email' )->from = $this->settings['aw_email_from'];            
            IPSText::getTextClass( 'email' )->sendMail();          

Edited by caesarsiet

5 hours ago, caesarsiet said:

I have a question... for send mail in HTML is posible put on send mail in HTML format (Full HTML formatting) without nothing more, only my HTML?

Is there any reason why you can't enter your html into the auto welcome settings? Also I assume you have the email setting "Send HTML emails" enabled?

7 hours ago, Mike John said:

Is there any reason why you can't enter your html into the auto welcome settings? Also I assume you have the email setting "Send HTML emails" enabled?

Yeah, I use HTML enabled, the little problem is that I dont want appear template of IPB, I want appear ONLY my HTML code. And this option dont appear for only show the content HTML. Tell me please how to disable template IPB by default.

Edited by caesarsiet

16 hours ago, caesarsiet said:

Yeah, I use HTML enabled, the little problem is that I dont want appear template of IPB, I want appear ONLY my HTML code. And this option dont appear for only show the content HTML. Tell me please how to disable template IPB by default.

I don't believe that is possible, at least not with IP.Board 3.4. The template wrapper is sent out with all emails.

• 3 weeks later...

This seems like a great plugin and we'll likely end up using the PM feature for my client, but the newly added feature of the post as a reply to the members post into a specific topic seems incomplete.

This client has a welcome forum where newbs can post. They are held there until 3 approved posts to help combat spam. Is it possible to reply to their first post in that forum vs a named topic? The assumption of the software is there is 1 topic people post in - in this use case there is 1 forum where new members make their own topic to introduce themselves to the board. In this instance, we wouldn't know the topic id/url as is required for that feature to work.

3 hours ago, Zen Media Studios said:

This seems like a great plugin and we'll likely end up using the PM feature for my client, but the newly added feature of the post as a reply to the members post into a specific topic seems incomplete.

As you can imagine there won't be a lot of new features with IPB 3.4 becoming end of life soon. But be sure to note this for IPB 4 when you upgrade and I can look at improving this. You can view the support topic here.

• 2 months later...
On 19/07/2016 at 1:53 AM, Julian Jenkins said:

Why do I as the author of the welcome pm keep getting the pm every time someone signs up

Because they are listed as the pm "sender". I'd recommend creating a "bot" account for sending personal messages if your concerned about filling up your own inbox.