(M34) Auto Welcome Members

Michael.J

(M34) Auto Welcome Members

To put it simply it welcomes newly registered members. It will welcome them with an optional personal message, email or topic alert. From there you can further customize each pm, email or topic message, the subject / title and so on. It also has the ability to welcome members that are added manually through the Admin CP.

Find IP.Board 4 version here.

Keep up to date with DevFuse mod development and releases.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/20/2011
  • Category
  • Discussion URL
  • Support Info
    <p>Support available in the discussion topic.</p>
  • Supported Versions
    IP.Board 3.3.x,IP.Board 3.4.x

not sure if its me but I get a welcome message in my profile but none in the forum i have set as the welcome center or shoutbox and I have tried everything.

Filled in the topic forum setting? Does this forum have guest view permissions? If it's adding the profile message than it's most likely a problem with the topic settings. I've seen some reports of shoutbox posts now having problems in my other mods, I'm taking a look into it now. I assume your using the latest Shoutbox?

First I want to thank you for everything you do here and for providing such a wonderful modification.

I do have small request. In your next release... Could it be possible to welcome only members who are validated?

No problem :) This should be already the case unless I've missed something, what kind of validation do you have setup (none, user, user then admin or admin)?

just to let you know that the profile comment actually posts as the status of the new member. Could you make it so that it shows up as a message from one user to another. For instance if i went to your profile and posted a status it will look different as it will have both our pictures. It looks weird that it makes it the actual status of the new user. By the way thanks for the great hook!

Filled in the topic forum setting? Does this forum have guest view permissions? If it's adding the profile message than it's most likely a problem with the topic settings. I've seen some reports of shoutbox posts now having problems in my other mods, I'm taking a look into it now. I assume your using the latest Shoutbox?

Nice job Mike.....thanks

Same problem here all is working fine. shoutbox welcome, email welcome and pm. The topic is the only one that is not showing and i have the profile comment set to off.

Same problem here all is working fine. shoutbox welcome, email welcome and pm. The topic is the only one that is not showing and i have the profile comment set to off.

What permissions do guests have for this forum your trying to post to?

I get this error when someone registers:

/public_html/forumlocation/admincplocation/applications_addon/other/autowelcome/sources/welcome_members.php on line 299

Also it'd appear it doesn't award points either.

See this post, the shoutbox bug would also prevent the awards from being sent.