Multi-Moderation...

Ocean West

I was trying to set up my first one - appears its not possible - so time for feedback..

Have a moderated forum where people post (not suppose to ) so I wanted to have a multi mod that would approve the post add a reply and MOVE the thread - but at the time of execution want to be prompted as to where the post will be targeted as the it could be moved to any forum, not one specific static forum.

In addition a notification that the thread was moved would be triggered by the multi mod reply.

• 11 months later...

any thoughts?

yes if you do not have many options or forums you will re post to make a multi mod for each one / other than that you would need a hook made to do what you wanted or just use the inbuilt normal move post option but this would not give you a auto reply and that would need to be done manual.

the problem with the "normal" version it assumes that SOURCE always goes to static TARGET forum.

Currently if the thread is unapproved you have to first approve it then move it other wise if you move it first then you got to go find it and then approve it.

I imagine the multi-mod rules for moving threads works for moving things from a known forum consisting of UNRESOLVED to RESOLVED issues or threads. But where you have several hundred forums the current option its impossible to know the destination or pre-setup each one.

Currently if the thread is unapproved you have to first approve it then move it other wise if you move it first then you got to go find it and then approve it.

not sure if there are better ways but if you have content build a block to find any unapproved posts, then add it to a admin only page, from there finding any unaproved post anywhere on your board takes seconds.

or you may need to file a mod request and have something built ?

Archived