Download: [HSC] Newsletters

HeadStand

I'd like to be able to play around with a back-end demo of this, I'm intrigued about the automatic options, sounds right up my street. I don't want to spend $30 though to test it out. Can you either offer a demo, or provide lots more screenshots? Could you also send me a newsletter with all the options ticked so I can view what is sent out?

PM coming your way.
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, got the news letter example, however, I was interested in the HTML aspect, and layout, can you send me a demo of that too? Thanks.

The version you received was the default HTML.

I've done some basic customization to my environment and I'm going to send out another sample. WARNING: the customization isn't exactly gorgeous, but it does show the functionality.

Another sample coming your way shortly.

The version you received was the default HTML.

I've done some basic customization to my environment and I'm going to send out another sample. WARNING: the customization isn't exactly gorgeous, but it does show the functionality.

Another sample coming your way shortly.

Hmm, yeah, still looks quite ugly :P Was hoping for some IPB template wrapper stuff or something, now THAT would be worth paying $30 for!

First off, if your support is anything like your response times to send sample newsletters, I'd glady pay $10 per year - fine examples and descriptions received. There have been a million and one requests for some form of integrated newsletter mod and you seem to be the only one to have came up with the goods, I was looking for something like this last year on all the various mod boards, nothing, or at least nothing that came close to this!!

I for one will be purchasing this just as soon as I have a few issue's ironed out with the site, keep up the good work %7Boption%7D

Would this, or could this have some form of bounce email management built-in - I usually send out a mail every week to our users and I can guarantee that I get at least 20 mails back telling me the mail was undelivered due to the account being disabled or discontinued. If a member was automatically unsubscribed from the newsletter list on a bounce like that, you'd be on to a winner me thinks! :)

One last question before I make the decision on purchase. If I've understood your description correctly, I could set-up my newsletter parameters of what to include in the newsletter, and then it'll send it out automatically at a regular interval? (Thus meaning no more intervention from myself)

Would this, or could this have some form of bounce email management built-in - I usually send out a mail every week to our users and I can guarantee that I get at least 20 mails back telling me the mail was undelivered due to the account being disabled or discontinued. If a member was automatically unsubscribed from the newsletter list on a bounce like that, you'd be on to a winner me thinks! [img]

[/img]

I originally tried to do that, but the IPB code catches all the email errors and I can't get to them. I might be able to do a scan of the mail error logs and see if I could match it up to the newsletter distributions.... hmmmm. A couple of ideas turning in my head. I'll see what I can do, but no timeline right now. Pretty tied up getting all my mods upgraded for 3.2.

One last question before I make the decision on purchase. If I've understood your description correctly, I could set-up my newsletter parameters of what to include in the newsletter, and then it'll send it out automatically at a regular interval? (Thus meaning no more intervention from myself)

That's correct. Unless of course your newsletter requires manual content (meaning, it's expecting you to write some kind of article or intro or something).

Hi Esther,

Just spotted something missing I'm hoping you can add in? Articles! All my Ford news is posted as articles, and I can't see a way to generate this in the newsletter.

Cheers

It's there. You have to use the "Database Records" content types (either Latest Database Records or Hot Database Records). One of the settings in there is to select a database, you should be able to select the Articles database.

Let me know if that handles what you need or if there is still something missing.

Aha, so it is, thanks [img]

[/img] I'll have a further play with that. Another question, how do members subscribe to this? Is it via the existing setting in their control panel?

You set up the default subscription list when you create the Newsletter - each newsletter has a setting "default groups". All members in that group are automatically subscribed, but of course they can unsubscribe.

Manual subscriptions/unsubscriptions would be handled in the UCP.

Archived