Community

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Nacht Skin

File Submitter: Grant B

File Submitted: 18 Jul 2011

File Category: Complex Skins

Please remember to follow this file to be notified of when the skin is updated.

Nacht skin : the Popular Background Skin

%7Boption%7D

Description:
Skin comes with a hook which allows you to modify the skin.

1-Four different board index layouts can be chosen through the admin panel :
  • Topics Mode : which is suitable for Q&A Sites
  • Topics Mode settings:
    ...Number of Topics in board index
    ...Forums permission
    ...Group permission
    ...Post Limit
    ...Languages

%7Boption%7D17402286.jpg' alt='' class='ipsImage' wi" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="571">
  • Forums Mode : which is two column Mode style with forums icon support

%7Boption%7Dgridyl.jpg' alt='' class='ipsImage' widt" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="571">
  • Default Mode : the original IPB board index

%7Boption%7Doreb.jpg' alt='' class='ipsImage' width=" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="571">
  • Category Mode : which is one column mode with category image support

%7Boption%7Dcatez.jpg' alt='' class='ipsImage' width" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="571">

2- Unlimited customizing :
You can allow your users to build their skin by using customizing color picker.
  • Live color picker

%7Boption%7Dpicker.jpg' alt='' class='ipsImage' widt" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="571">
  • Custom background via URL.

%7Boption%7Durlrj.jpg' alt='' class='ipsImage' width" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="571">
  • Live background switcher with custom pre-made backgrounds.
  • Board width live changer.

%7Boption%7Dwidthe.jpg' alt='' class='ipsImage' widt" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="571">

And More ....
  • Default color
  • Enable/disable Color picker
  • Admin setting to choose the default background.
  • Admin width setting to set the default width.
  • Setting to allow members to select the board index layout.

3-Install and customize :
  • Documents included

%7Boption%7Ddocj.jpg' alt='' class='ipsImage' width=" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="571">

4-Includes:
  • Image set xml
  • Skin xml
  • Image set available on request
  • Instructions
  • Skin hook
  • Background images

PS :
1- for old versions choose the archived previous versions below
2- similar light skin can be found here :

thanks

here to download this file

I bought this to take a look at it as there was no demo site.... I'm a little disappointed in it as there are a few areas that make this unusable.

for example the forum home page or the profile page do not take the content to the bottom of the screen, therefore you end up with a have colored background and have a gray pic or whatever you have set.

There are also issues with colors on fonts and buttons that are hidden due to the wrong or unaltered css colors.

It has potential to be great, but right now as is... I would request a refund.

I bought this to take a look at it as there was no demo site.... I'm a little disappointed in it as there are a few areas that make this unusable.

for example the forum home page or the profile page do not take the content to the bottom of the screen, therefore you end up with a have colored background and have a gray pic or whatever you have set.

There are also issues with colors on fonts and buttons that are hidden due to the wrong or unaltered css colors.

It has potential to be great, but right now as is... I would request a refund.

Thanks for your comment ,
I am now upgrading it to 3.2.0 final ,
is there possibilty to give me a screenshot for these problems

Also the editor needs skinning in a neutral color that will match... having a baby blue editor on a dark skin bad imo.

I would also suggest not starting with the skin generator as that only adds more css addittional css style pages.

Thanks for your comment ,

I am now upgrading it to 3.2.0 final ,

is there possibilty to give me a screenshot for these problems

yes I will take some screen shots and post them up :)

This is a load of BS. I bought it uploaded; follow instructions and it looks like some newbie tried to make it. Plus your DEMO doesn't even look like the screen shots; not to mention I can't get forums and categories to show up. But they show and work fine for the IPB default skin (seems this is still bugged).

This is a load of BS. I bought it uploaded; follow instructions and it looks like some newbie tried to make it. Plus your DEMO doesn't even look like the screen shots; not to mention I can't get forums and categories to show up. But they show and work fine for the IPB default skin (seems this is still bugged).

Hello , if you can not see forums , this mean that you may do not install setting xml , please check this and let me know ,
for thw screen shot there is a live demo and video introduction, I do not understand what you mean by that the scrren not like the demo .
please let me know if the probelm solved .

Few issues that i have Ajouz if you can correct them or let me know i can correct them please.

1: Blog text is wrong color and wont display?
post-135863-0-29353300-1311426061_thumb.

2: Sign out box and other links are pushed to far to the right?
post-135863-0-48599100-1311426070.jpg

3: The calendar is really ugly with these white/grey boxes and text cannot be seen when hovering over a box?
post-135863-0-95360500-1311426080_thumb.

4: Text on tag boxes is white and cannot be seen with the white/grey tab backgrounds?
post-135863-0-90363400-1311426090_thumb.

hello again ,
thanks for your bugs reports ,

Manual fix :
this is quick fix , hope this work for you .
if you do not have time to do this fix please let me know , so I can do this for you .
I will rebuild the package also now

ipb_style.css
search for

#user_navigation { color: #9f9f9f; font-size: 11px; }[/CODE]

replace with

[CODE]#user_navigation { color: #9f9f9f; font-size: 11px;margin-right:6px; }

find

.ipsType_textblock { line-height: 1.5; color: #282828; }

replace with

.ipsType_textblock { line-height: 1.5; color: #f3f3f3; }

search and delete in Ajouz.css

#calendar_table td.today {

background: #f1f1f1 !important;    background-color: #f1f1f1 !important;

border-color: #717171 !important;

color: #717171;

}

search for

/**** white background colors ***/

#calendar_table td.selected ,#calendar_table td.normal:hover , #calendar_table td.blank{

background: #e9e9e9 !important;    background-color: #e9e9e9 !important;

}

replace with

/**** transpaernt background colors ***/

.pagination .back a, .pagination .forward a,#calendar_table td.selected ,#calendar_table td.normal:hover , #calendar_table td.blank{

background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent !important;

}

replace this image in the image folder
post-132030-0-17976200-1311428254.png

package will rebuild soon .

Not a problem but a change i'd like to make if you can give me the information?

post-135863-0-17206600-1311433029_thumb.

1- As this community is going to have a lot of sections, the space between the catagory title and box is to wide, can this be reduced to nearer the botton box? (top section with arrow)

2- The space at the top and bottom of the forum areas is also very large, can this also be reduced?(bottom 2 red boxes)

Not a problem but a change i'd like to make if you can give me the information?

post-135863-0-17206600-1311433029_thumb.

1- As this community is going to have a lot of sections, the space between the catagory title and box is to wide, can this be reduced to nearer the botton box? (top section with arrow)

2- The space at the top and bottom of the forum areas is also very large, can this also be reduced?(bottom 2 red boxes)

hello ,
we can customize the skin to what you want , there are two method :
1- change css globaly which will wffect all the board areas like
change

.maintitle {

padding: 10px 10px 11px;

}

to

.maintitle {

padding: 10px 10px 0px;

}

2- local edits to certen element using element id , like for example what you want for category 1 name need to add

#category_1 h3 {

padding-bottom: 0;

}

same thing for the second edit you want , we need to edit tables td globaly or add id to each forum , and then made changes to this forum .
for me I think to change it locally is better , and I can help you with this by adding id's to element you want to customize and then edit these element .my suggestion is to continue building your board structure and then we may choose the best way to customize your board ,
thanks

I personally think that you may want to edit this on the skin it self as i only have 4 areas at the moment and the additional space i have highlighted in yellow could all be reduced to amount of scrolling that will be required if there's a lot of areas on the community.

post-135863-0-66685200-1311436474_thumb.

Hey this skin looks outstanding! And I will be sure to purchase as soon as these questions I have are resolved...

So I was playing around with the demo of the skin on your site, and I noticed that you can change the background to whatever color you like. Currently my skin uses an orange main color. So I put that color onto your demo site and it looked fantastic! But then every time I navigate to a different page, it resets to the black background. So I was wondering if it was because I had to be a member for it to stick, or if it was a bug? Also is there anyway for me to lock the background to a certain color so that everyone that visits my site, guests and members, already automatically have the color set to orange and it stays like that throughout the site and they cannot change it to what they want?

I really hope that you can work these out, as I will be purchasing as soon as you do!

Edit: I found out how to make the color stick, but I would still like to know if I could lock it to a certain color for all users on my site.

Edit 2: I think I saw while watching the YouTube video demo of it, that there was an ACP option to choose default colors, and was wondering if that is what I was looking for in the question I asked about. Please confirm!

I personally think that you may want to edit this on the skin it self as i only have 4 areas at the moment and the additional space i have highlighted in yellow could all be reduced to amount of scrolling that will be required if there's a lot of areas on the community.

post-135863-0-66685200-1311436474_thumb.

hello ,
please add this to your css

category_3 h3 , category_1 h3  {

padding-bottom:0px ;

}

I suggest to collect all edits you want and then send it to me in a PM , then I can madke a custoimze css for your site .
thanks