Community

Gallery: Show albums in board index v1.0.0 Bug on Pulse

I have this hook enabled on my test board, but for some reason it's not showing up? Do I have to do something else to enable this?

Tom once the Hook is enabled you need to specific Which Album needs to be shown under which Forum in System Settings.

Tom once the Hook is enabled you need to specific Which Album needs to be shown under which Forum in System Settings.

Oh right, do you mean the hook where it adds the album into the forum rows / categories?

I thought you meant that hook which displays the last 5 images in a row at the top of the board index.

I'll take a look now :)

Ok, I've fixed it. It's a little dirty but due to the way I coded the board_index, there's nothing I can do about it.

Open: CSS > tctc91_general.css
Add anywhere:

.galattach { float: left; margin-right: 15px; }

.idxGalTitle { margin-top: 5px; }

Open: Templates > Gallery (Albums) > boardIndexEntry
Replace everything in there with this: http://pastebin.com/m8H1BFSA

Hey everyone. I had a nice little idea that I'd like to share with you.

I was thinking of doing a little competition and the prize would be a new colour variant of YOUR choice for the Pulse skin (included with the download package FOR ALL CURRENT PULSE CUSTOMERS as a seperate skin all FOR FREE).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It doesn't have to be all three. As long as one hits the target, that will be enough. This might take a while, who knows? At least it will give me time to develop the new colour scheme [img]

[/img] If people can also offer some suggestions, I'll get a poll sorted ASAP.

Hey Tom, very nice gesture for the peeps who've already purchased the skin! I've no idea how hard it would be for you to implement but how about pleasing everyone by adding the colour picker plugin you've been looking at recently? Just a thought ;)

Tom, I've just started using firefox and obviously with some of the web developer add-ons I have now noticed just loading the first page a few errors and multiple warnings although I can't actually see real issues, its just bugging me now seeing only 1 tick for standards compliance and crosses for css and javascript errors on all page loads

Error: missing ; before statement

Source File: http://www.mysite.com/forum/

Line: 1194, Column: 32

Source Code:

var unreadIcon = "<span class="icon_hide"></span>";

Error: aRequest.URI is undefined

Source File: chrome://y2layers/content/overlay.js

Line: 262

Warning: Error in parsing value for 'background'.  Declaration dropped.

Source File: http://www.mysite.com/forum/public/min/index.php?ipbv=32004&f=public/style_css/css_24/ipb_help.css,public/style_css/css_24/tctc91_general.css,public/style_css/css_24/calendar_select.css,public/style_css/css_24/ipb_common.css,public/style_css/css_24/ipb_styles.css

Line: 628

Source File: http://www.mysite.com/forum/public/min/index.php?ipbv=32004&f=public/style_css/css_24/ipb_help.css,public/style_css/css_24/tctc91_general.css,public/style_css/css_24/calendar_select.css,public/style_css/css_24/ipb_common.css,public/style_css/css_24/ipb_styles.css

Line: 626

There's around another 15 of those warning errors per page

Hey Tom, very nice gesture for the peeps who've already purchased the skin! I've no idea how hard it would be for you to implement but how about pleasing everyone by adding the colour picker plugin you've been looking at recently? Just a thought [img]

[/img]

It's a nice idea but it wouldn't be feasible due to the design of pulse. I'd also have to re-design the skin images from scratch as the color picker requires transparent images in order for it to work.

Tom, I've just started using firefox and obviously with some of the web developer add-ons I have now noticed just loading the first page a few errors and multiple warnings although I can't actually see real issues, its just bugging me now seeing only 1 tick for standards compliance and crosses for css and javascript errors on all page loads

Error: missing ; before statement

Source File: http://www.mysite.com/forum/

Line: 1194, Column: 32

Source Code:

var unreadIcon = "<span class="icon_hide"></span>";

Line: 626

There's around another 15 of those warning errors per page

I'll take a look and see if I can remove some of the errors but I believe a lot of them are from the default skin. It's not effecting the skin anyway so just ignore it for the time being :)

I'll take a look and see if I can remove some of the errors but I believe a lot of them are from the default skin. It's not effecting the skin anyway so just ignore it for the time being [img]

[/img]

yeah, no worries, like I say, I wasn't aware of them until using firefox, don't know why I stopped using it a few years ago

Keep up the good work matey

Ok, I've fixed it. It's a little dirty but due to the way I coded the board_index, there's nothing I can do about it.

Open: CSS > tctc91_general.css

Add anywhere:

.galattach { float: left; margin-right: 15px; }

.idxGalTitle { margin-top: 5px; }

Open: Templates > Gallery (Albums) > boardIndexEntry
Replace everything in there with this: http://pastebin.com/m8H1BFSA

Thanks , with this the Album strip shown under forums looks correct however it distorts the way the forum rows look now !

Hi Tom

Search isn't working - clicking on either advanced search does nothing or trying to select any of the other radio buttons such as members, help, blogs etc

just clickining on search does nothing either (url in my profile)

Hi Tom

Search isn't working - clicking on either advanced search does nothing or trying to select any of the other radio buttons such as members, help, blogs etc

Hi Garry,

Well spotted. I'll take a look at it ASAP and see if I can roll out a fix. The actual feature does work if I'm not mistaken? (you can still click the checkbox and it does change the search mode). It just isn't showing the active check box state. The label doesn't seem to be working as well. Very strange :S

Thanks for reporting the bug anyway :)

Hi Tom,

Couple of things :-

- Has this

Hi Tom

been sorted out yet? I don't want to go through the pain of updating only to have to do it again in another few days %7Boption%7D

- Changing the board width. I wanted a fixed width skin, followed the excellent documentation you provided.. "but" I'm having trouble with a pesky element. (screenshot attached) can you help?

post-202555-0-50398400-1313760724_thumb.

Yes Search isnt really working and more over if you have Tags , clicking on any popular Tag results in a wrong search result. This issue is not seen on the default SKIN. Please help fix update this !

Yes Search isnt really working and more over if you have Tags , clicking on any popular Tag results in a wrong search result. This issue is not seen on the default SKIN. Please help fix update this !

Clicking on tags I thought was a known bug and it returns topic id rather than post id (or vice versa, I forget) so results in totally unrelated results. There is now a fix for this here >>> http://community.invisionpower.com/tracker/issue-32629-tag-search-returntype-pids-not-tids/

Is there a way to use the Default SKIN if IE 8 and below are Detected ? I am running into script errors when using IE 8 and Below on the site .

IE 8 Error :

Line 57 , Char 5 , Error Null is Null not an Object
Code 0

2nd Error

Line : 866 Char 2 , Error Null is Null not an Object