Community

There appears to have been an update since I downloaded and installed it last night. Let me find the update and try again.

You no longer need to edit the templates to change the social icons (with the latest update). The icons can be controlled in the Skin settings page. (Check the docs for more info).

A little bug so far with 1.04

I'm only using twitter and youtube social icons but when not logged in you don't see the youtube icons although if you hover the mouse over the area the link is still there

When logged in its fine and the twitter one if fine whether logged in or not

-=Bugs=-

• Recent Gallery Images - The toggle button works.. however when you navigate to another page and then navigate back, it's toggled on again. The toggles for all other forum categories stay 'off', so it's just a problem with the gallery hook.
  • This problem is still existent..

- Changing the board width. I wanted a fixed width skin, followed the excellent documentation you provided.. "but" I'm having trouble with a pesky element. (screenshot attached) can you help?

post-202555-0-50398400-1313760724_thumb.

This is an issue if your using a mobile device with the 'full view' turned on

A little bug so far with 1.04

I'm only using twitter and youtube social icons but when not logged in you don't see the youtube icons although if you hover the mouse over the area the link is still there

When logged in its fine and the twitter one if fine whether logged in or not

That sounds a little odd. There's nothing in the code that would cause that. Sounds like a cache issue to me.

Try clearing your cache and then waiting a couple of minutes. I had another customer with a similar issue and it took 4-5 minutes for the icons to change.

-=Bugs=-

• Recent Gallery Images - The toggle button works.. however when you navigate to another page and then navigate back, it's toggled on again. The toggles for all other forum categories stay 'off', so it's just a problem with the gallery hook.
  • This problem is still existent..

This is an issue if your using a mobile device with the 'full view' turned on

1) If it's a bug with the gallery hook then there's nothing I can do about that. If it only happens with my skin then it's different, but if it's happening for all skins then it's not my problem I'm afraid.

2) That's really odd. Can you confirm if it's fixed for you on a regular computer?

1) If it's a bug with the gallery hook then there's nothing I can do about that. If it only happens with my skin then it's different, but if it's happening for all skins then it's not my problem I'm afraid.

2) That's really odd. Can you confirm if it's fixed for you on a regular computer?

- Hmm.. sorry I should have checked. You are right, it's the gallery hooks fault - nothing to do with you, sorry!
- Ignore me.. looks like it's fixed. Sorry, blame it on Friday brain meltdown!

Cheers for the updates Tom!

- Hmm.. sorry I should have checked. You are right, it's the gallery hooks fault - nothing to do with you, sorry!

- Ignore me.. looks like it's fixed. Sorry, blame it on Friday brain meltdown!

Cheers for the updates Tom!

Haha phew, I was a little worried there because those bugs are always the hardest to fix and I sware I had fixed it already :P

Glad it's all working for you :)

ps - submit a ticket to IPS about that gallery hook bug and they'll probably fix it in the next update.

That sounds a little odd. There's nothing in the code that would cause that. Sounds like a cache issue to me.

Try clearing your cache and then waiting a couple of minutes. I had another customer with a similar issue and it took 4-5 minutes for the icons to change.

Did all that last night, also emptied browser caches, its the same in IE, Chrome and Firefox

Have you tried it?

Also I have images set but logging out reverts to the default New Posts, the %age width of the board also changes when you're logged out, again in all 3 browsers (possibly to the default rather than the 93% I have it set at)

Tom, is update is great.. but... :tongue:
The Social Media option is a nice touch, sadly though, I can't see any obvious place to add my own icons and the documentation appears to have been.. removed?

The Social Media option is a nice touch, sadly though, I can't see any obvious place to add my own icons and the documentation appears to have been.. removed?

Did you import the XML and then go to your settings and find the skin tab?

never mind, I apparently didn't understand what you were asking. Edited by smallblockfuelie

There's no easy way of adding your own using the ACP settings. You'll have manually edit the templates and duplicate the html / css.

I'll add that old tutorial to the docs ASAP. It needs a load of tweaks though as I've recoded the HTML since the last version.

You'd need to add the code to the globalTemplate. CSS should go in either tctc91_general.css or ipb_styles.css Working on something at the moment. It's a surprise though :smile:.

Ok, thank you, but can you tell me what code for the drop down please?

thank you

Did all that last night, also emptied browser caches, its the same in IE, Chrome and Firefox

Have you tried it?

Also I have images set but logging out reverts to the default New Posts, the %age width of the board also changes when you're logged out, again in all 3 browsers (possibly to the default rather than the 93% I have it set at)

Tom, futher to the above, I have access to 4 logins for my board (2 admin and 2 standard user accounts) and the images rather than NEW POSTS only occur on one admin and one user

I have IE8, Chrome and Firefox installed and I have now tested these issues across all browsers and logins and have no idea what the problem is because width, icons and youtube icone problems happens on 1 of the admin and one of the user logins yet on the other admin and other user it all works fine

The above happens with the same logins across all 3 browsers so I have no idea what everyone else is seeing now. Just can't work out what the problem could be

Any ideas?

Got an odd issue with the navigation:
%7Boption%7D

What's really weird is that it only has this issue on the index and when I'm logged in. I've tried disabling all the hooks (whoever thought of that feature was a genius) and looked for anything that could be causing the issue, but couldn't find it.

EDIT: Also have this issue with the posts, they use up a large amount of space in threads :blink:

%7Boption%7D

Got an odd issue with the navigation:

What's really weird is that it only has this issue on the index and when I'm logged in. I've tried disabling all the hooks (whoever thought of that feature was a genius) and looked for anything that could be causing the issue, but couldn't find it. :blink:

Are you using the latest version of the skin? I had this issue in IE with the old version (firefox and chrome were ok though).
Upgrading the latest version fixed it for me :)

Are you using the latest version of the skin? I had this issue in IE with the old version (firefox and chrome were ok though).

Upgrading the latest version fixed it for me :smile:

Bought it two days ago.

The strange thing is that sometimes it does it, and other times it doesn't. I suspect there's something funky going on with the width and that "More" menu, I have a tab on there labeled "Subscriptions" and I think that's what is throwing it off - though it shouldn't.

EDIT: Fixed it by setting primary_nav's width to 558px.