A more facebook like feed/wall?

Hi guys, 3.2 offers a great improvement over the previous feeds.

Social sites who use IPB as their core, would benefit from a more Facebook-esque feed. ATM posting on friends walls, doesn't parse the bbcode for example. So users can't post pictures, video's or anything but text on one another's walls.

I realise there is likely a hook or we could create one, but it would be nice for it to work out of the box.

Even if it were configurable, for those who want a more simplistic wall. Though IMO users should always be able to decide how they use the wall, vs being restricted by the webmaster.

Thanks,

Paul

>.< LOATH disagreeing on this one, but I personally think that it should be tied into group permissions("Allow profile customization?" being the general configuration area).

Not a bad idea. I guess it would help control users who misuse the feature. I have no choice, I have to recode it in as my member will go bezerk without it.

Oh man, you made one big mistake when creating this topic and that was to include "Facebook" in it. Soon you'll have the Anti-FB:ers all over you!
Haha jokes aside, I have always wondered why BB code isn't available when posting to another member's wall so it's a definite yes from me.

It can be done, but on site wise rather than individual 'walls' see here http://www.skinbox.net/browse/live-demo/skin/131 all that needs are the posts and replies maybe in a see more, plus the ability to post from that screen and then you have something similar to Facebook.

Archived