Smiley - Auto Scroll.

Pereira

When starting a topic on the forum this is my main view without scrolling:

If I click the Smiley button it acts like noting happened because I don't see the pop up at the bottom. Similarly this happens when posting too.

I would like to suggest that when you click the Smiley button, the browser will automatically scroll down to show the Smiley's so the user can choose them without the need for scrolling.

Would this be possible to implement into 3.2?

When starting a topic on the forum......If I click the Smiley button it acts like noting happened because I don't see the pop up at the bottom. Similarly this happens when posting too.

This only happens to me when starting a topic, but not when replying. When I just reply to a topic, this is what it looks like on my screen:

%7Boption%7D

I believe it happens when starting a topic because the 'Topic Title' field is included, but not when we just reply to a topic. Perhaps it may also have to do with your screen size and its resolution settings?

• 4 weeks later...

When starting a topic on the forum this is my main view without scrolling:

If I click the Smiley button it acts like noting happened because I don't see the pop up at the bottom. Similarly this happens when posting too.

I would like to suggest that when you click the Smiley button, the browser will automatically scroll down to show the Smiley's so the user can choose them without the need for scrolling.

Would this be possible to implement into 3.2?

I have the same issue on several different size monitors. This is going to cause confusion for members expecting to select emoticons when they click the button but nothing shows up in their current view without scrolling down.

Does anyone know a quick way to change the default height of the editor? This would solve it for now. Off to look at the templates...

I have the same issue on several different size monitors. This is going to cause confusion for members expecting to select emoticons when they click the button but nothing shows up in their current view without scrolling down.

Does anyone know a quick way to change the default height of the editor? This would solve it for now. Off to look at the templates...

If, for some reason, nothing's done about this, I would suggest starting a topic on your board's "Announcements" Forum (if your board has one) and mention it to your members so they wont be so confused.

Is it really that hard to scroll to see them? Really?

The only thing I can think of is to reduce your editor size on a new topic or reply.

This is not necessarily for me, it's for users who don't know it's there at the bottom of the editor when they first click it. If your on a big monitor then it probably wont affect you as much but when you click the smiley button and nothing appears to happen if your screen is halfway up the text area, then it looks as if it doesn't function properly.

I can't do that either because this bug occurs for me - http://community.inv...o-resize-issue/

Archived