My Resources

Pete T

%7Boption%7D

File Name: My Resources

File Submitter: Pete T

File Submitted: 22 Apr 2010

File Category: Promotion

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.2.x, IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x

This is an Admin Application for IP.Board, designed for folks who create IP.Board resources. Using this tool, you can store data about each of the resources you create, including the latest version number compatible with each IP.Board version, and a direct download link to the resource. This info is used to then construct the "Update URL" for your resource so that users of this resource can check to see if there is an update available. If you supply a direct download link to your resources, this will be passed as the link members see when they check for upgrades. A script is included which you upload to your forum's root directory that does the actual version checking.

here to download this file

• 1 year later...

I know this is not a very popular app, but the upgrade for IP.Board 3.2 for this will have the nifty ability to set a different version of your app as the version corresponding to different IP.Board versions. So you could set it up so people running IP.Board 3.1.4 would see version 1.0.0 as the latest version of a resource, but users on 3.2.0 might see version 1.1.0 as the latest version of that same resource.

And if that made no sense to you, you probably don't need this resource. ;)

Anyway, here's a quick screenshot.

post-44642-0-70290800-1308971191_thumb.p

Neat will grab .. I hacked the last one to cater for some stuff I wanted so will see what sort of mischief I can get up to wtih this one.

• 1 month later...

Ooooh this is useful.

Some requests...

1. Block to put into IP.Content instead of using the offered PHP file.

2. Would work with #1 but could be used by itself, ability to configure the URL and filename used. For example, instead of resource_updates, might want to name it 'resources' or 'modupdates' etc. With IPC, might want to have it reference a different URL, like instead of /community, might want it to use the root or /resources/updates.php for example.

3. Increase the size of the input boxes for version information.

4. A way to enter in a new version number and then select which IPB versions to update and have it do that automatically, instead of having to update the fields for each version. Either that or make it so that each version has it's own entry, including date added/updated and versions it applied to, perhaps even a field for adding in notes like what was updated specifically.

Don't hurt me, I know that these are things you could do in your sleep. :P

• 7 months later...

Ok, just released a new update to this app after seeing a lot of changes it needed to stay up to date on my mods. It's now a lot easier to manage your products, as you don't have to enter in the short version, long version, and link for each and every IP.Board version. Instead, you now define different 'versions' of your resource, each with its own short version, long version, and link, and then you select which IP.Board versions the product works with. So now instead of having a few dozen fields to manage, you now just have four per distinct version of your product.

There's also a new setting page with a single setting on it where you can define the URL to your script checking file. This will let you move that file somewhere else in your forum, (that may require you then change some code so it can find the IP.Board core files) or rename your file.

Ok, just released a new update to this app after seeing a lot of changes it needed to stay up to date on my mods. It's now a lot easier to manage your products, as you don't have to enter in the short version, long version, and link for each and every IP.Board version. Instead, you now define different 'versions' of your resource, each with its own short version, long version, and link, and then you select which IP.Board versions the product works with. So now instead of having a few dozen fields to manage, you now just have four per distinct version of your product.

There's also a new setting page with a single setting on it where you can define the URL to your script checking file. This will let you move that file somewhere else in your forum, (that may require you then change some code so it can find the IP.Board core files) or rename your file.

Thank you... that is highly more manageable.

• 5 months later...

I know we have discussed this but I want a clear ok ... I would like to use this as a starter for a widget that will include serial number validation, ioncube licensing and a few other go withs, it will be rebranded but the start point will be this if I am allowed.

Thanks,
Larry

Look, this is not my code, if it was, there would have been no discussion beyond no.

Then the answer is no .. it would be much easier if you could stop burying me in IM's and answer a question directly.

Look, this is not my code, if it was, there would have been no discussion beyond no.

Need a response from Michael, who's code it is, to give my go-ahead.

I gave the app to you, it's up to you to decide things like this now. Yes, I wrote this, but it's not my product anymore, it's yours to do with as you see fit.

• 3 months later...

Just released a couple of quick updates to this app. I fixed the highlight effect that appears to have broken when IP.Board 3.4 came out. I also changed the ordering of your resource versions on the popup, so that the most recent version is on the top and any new versions you add also show up at the top, so that it's easier to manage these as you update your resources.

In addition, I have always had an issue where I may not have updated my own site when I go to update my own mods, so I can't always define that my mods work for versions which I don't yet have installed. So I added a setting where you can add new IP.Board versions to the list that shows up, so you can then mark your resources as being compatible with those new versions.

Archived