Self Hosted Server

MapleFanatic

Hi-
I think there should be a choice between a Hosted and Self hosted IP.Chat. Different people have different servers and different needs. For one, I need my user limit removed and the guest chat block removed (guest chat is extremely important to my site, as potential users usually ask existing members about their experiences on the site before actually registering and so i must provide this ability).

I've been told that IP.Chat is hosted because most servers can't handle AJAX chat. Well, you have here one of the few exceptions :smile:

Regards
MapleFanatic

I fail to see why we need yet ANOTHER topic on this, there's more to it than the Ajax. It's custom software designed for what it currently is doing

If it doesn't work for you, there's other solutions out there..

Bit harsh. This is the feedback forum after all. If people can't leave feedback without others jumping down their throats, then it's a sorry day indeed.

I fail to see why we need yet ANOTHER topic on this, there's more to it than the Ajax. It's custom software designed for what it currently is doing

If it doesn't work for you, there's other solutions out there..

A touch harsh? It is a feedback forum meaning he can ask if he wants to if he still did not understand.

Bit harsh. This is the feedback forum after all. If people can't leave feedback without others jumping down their throats, then it's a sorry day indeed.

And it's an ever sadder day when people see the truth as harsh.. He could of searched first and gotten the exact answer linked and other options.. This also isn't feed back its a "I wantttt it" post

And it's an ever sadder day when people see the truth as harsh.. He could of searched first and gotten the exact answer linked and other options.. This also isn't feed back its a "I wantttt it" post

This feedback forum is for feedback to IPS, NOT YOU, NOT ME, NOT any other users.... so PLEASE do yourself a favor and let people leave feedback as they wish without the fear of being attacked as you have above.

:)

Archived