Subscriptions Manager

sijad

On 11/10/2015 at 9:29 AM, WAMAS said:

Pete: Simple question for you :smile:

Emails are routinely sent out to remind people to renew their subscriptions. I need to tweak the words in some of those emails. Can this be done and how? I've found the templates in the public_subscriptions_language_pack.xml file, but I don't want to mess with that. Is there another way?

Pete, since you're familiar with the software, can you tell me if there's another way to do this or should I just edit the xml file? 

• 3 months later...
On 12/30/2015 at 5:34 AM, Krunch said:

I got tired of waiting and went with the IPS 4.X commerce app. Made sure to install Nexus on 3.4.8 before and converting the Subscriptions Manager to Nexus packages (built-in function) and then upgraded to IPS 4.X. Best decision ever. The Commerce app offers a lot more features.

Wow, didn't realise this was an option! Very helpful, thanks very much! 

• 3 weeks later...

We got fed up with waiting for subscription manager so bit the bullet and bought 7 licences for commerce only to find out we cannot use it.

There is no way to switch off the requirement that forces members to provide their personal billing address information.

As we only sell subscriptions and are based in the UK forcing members to provide their billing address would get us in trouble with the Data Protections Act

Not to mention the fact that this will also kill sales in new subscriptions

So now we have 7 licenses that are tottaly useless and no way to monitize 7 of our sites running IPS4

We are currently left with 1 site on 3.4x running subscriptions manager generating all of our income.

2 hours ago, Unlucky said:

We got fed up with waiting for subscription manager so bit the bullet and bought 7 licences for commerce only to find out we cannot use it.

There is no way to switch off the requirement that forces members to provide their personal billing address information.

As we only sell subscriptions and are based in the UK forcing members to provide their billing address would get us in trouble with the Data Protections Act

Not to mention the fact that this will also kill sales in new subscriptions

So now we have 7 licenses that are tottaly useless and no way to monitize 7 of our sites running IPS4

We are currently left with 1 site on 3.4x running subscriptions manager generating all of our income.

I dont want to have to collect information about my memebrs home addreses either. I think paypal handle of that stuff so they can deal with the data protection act. Thats the idea of it all anyway isnt it? People feel more secure using paypal than handing over their details to websites Im sure

23 minutes ago, kar3n2 said:

I dont want to have to collect information about my memebrs home addreses either. I think paypal handle of that stuff so they can deal with the data protection act. Thats the idea of it all anyway isnt it? People feel more secure using paypal than handing over their details to websites Im sure

Correct which is why our sales nose dived when we tried using ipnexus several years ago.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest PayPal Message.  I'm still using 3.4.8, not wanting to make the move to 4.x yet.  I don't want Subscriptions to stop working, so still wondering how this latest from PayPal will affect it and what I might need to do?  Thank you!

To avoid service interruptions, please ensure that your systems are SHA-256 compatible by 17 June 2016.

Michael,

At PayPal, security and safety are our top priorities and, as a result, we’re implementing a series of security upgrades throughout 2016 and 2017. To comply with industry standards, we need to move our endpoints to stronger encryption known as SHA-256 by 30 September 2016. 

In preparation for our transition to SHA-256, we'll be undertaking critical testing between 17 June and 29 September 2016. During this period, if your systems aren’t SHA-256 compatible, your business’ ability to accept payments with PayPal may be temporarily impacted. We strongly recommend that your systems are compatible with SHA-256 by 17 June to ensure that your business isn’t interrupted. If your systems aren’t SHA-256 compatible by the full cutover on 30 September, your business will be unable to accept payments with PayPal until changes are made. For more details about our transition to SHA-256, please go to 2016-2017 Merchant Security Roadmap Microsite

At PayPal, we’re committed to delivering the highest level of security available for our customers. Compatibility with SHA-256 will help strengthen your protection and ensure that your business systems are up to date with the latest security measures. Thank you for your continued support and for helping us maintain these standards for all our customers. 

Further information

What is the purpose of the testing?

The purpose of this testing is to help us identify, with certainty, those customers who will be impacted by the full cutover to SHA-256. As part of our commitment to our customers, we'll immediately notify impacted customers so that we can better prepare them for the full cutover on 30 September. 

How do I ensure that my business won't be impacted by the testing?

If your systems aren’t currently SHA-256 compatible, the details about the required changes and how to action them can be found on our 2016-2017 Merchant Security Roadmap Microsite.

If you're not sure whether your systems are SHA-256 compatible, we recommend that you speak with your web hosting company, e-commerce software provider, in-house web programmer or system administrator. They can assist you in making the required changes before the testing. 

When will testing occur? 

For a complete list of testing dates and times, please visit our SSL Certificate Upgrade Testing Schedule.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 2/23/2017 at 10:16 PM, crmarks said:

I would still happily pay for an updated 4.1 version of this application. I can't possibly be alone. The simplicity of this application in offering upgraded memberships cannot be beat.

It was my fault for not checking, and making an assumption that an updated version would be available for IPB v4. But, I DEFINITELY am in this boat. I had to start over, with members now permanently in numerous - 7 or 8 - sponsor usergroups.  Definitely NOT a situation where I wanted to be

Edited by IPS_Fan

• 2 weeks later...