Subscriptions Manager

sijad

Hi all

I've got the same issue that others seem to have had with subscriptions staying as Incomplete status, and user group not switching after they have paid & subscribed, and the more it happens the more embarrassing it gets, not to mention the hassle of trying to keep on top of it.
Has anyone had success in fixing this issue or identifying the cause of the problem (mine are all done via paypal and no other gateways).
Sorry if it's been highlighted as I had to skim through search results, but plan on reading more thoroughly tonight.

Appreciate any input on this as it's super frustrating, thanks! :)

Sorry to bump a previous comment but this problem with incomplete/unpaid payments (that have actually been paid & completed by the users) is driving both me and my forum members mad, and causing a lot of admin to have to check up all the time on statuses and correct them.

Please please could someone suggest a way of fixing this problem? All payments are via Paypal as I don't use any other gateways (if this matters).

Thanks very much.

Paypal is BS in these situations. If you can't provide proof of delivery YOU LOSE.

The only work around is to give something physical with the membership that you mail to them where you have tracking info. You have to prove they received something. Even if its just a thank you note.

At most have a subscription for 12 months.

Yep, this is true. They will not reverse charges on subscriptions even if you show that you did not get what you paid for. Last year I purchased a subscription to a website that was selling (stolen themes, I did not know that at the time). When I found out they were copyright violations I requested a refund from Paypal, they denied it and the guy who was selling the pirated themes closed his site. At least I put him out of business. I reported his piracy to the rightful owner of the themes. :) Some people have NO INTEGRITY.

I installed this plug-in years ago and it was very successful in bringing in revenue for the forum, but after a while people stopped renewing their subscriptions and stopped signing up for new ones. A user contacted me about this and I found out why -- There is no place for anyone to sign up for a new subscription.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-09-13 at Friday, 13 September, 2013 @ 11.27.23 am CDT.PNG

When someone clicks the "Purchase Subscription" link, it just shows them their current subscription status, but does not have a button allowing them to purchase a new subscription.

Is this a known bug? I tried searching through this thread, but couldn't find a similar problem or solution.

Suggestions are appreciated.

another example

if you have subscriptions set up for different packages and a member buys one subscription and then wants to

purchase another package. they cannot because while one subscription is running (active) other available subscriptions are not shown.

as soon as a subscription has expired then all the available subscription packages are shown once again.

some of my members make donations on a regular basis but have said that while they have one subscription package running they

cannot make any further purchases or donations.

here's a screen capture to show the issue, please note in the available packages

non are shown but I have 10 plus available

attachicon.gif19-12-2013 17-20-53.jpg

getting back to this issue

any fix for this issue, members cannot purchase a new subscription while they have one active because they are not shown

once the members subscription has expired then they are able to Purchase new Subscriptions as they are shown again

getting back to this issue

any fix for this issue, members cannot purchase a new subscription while they have one active because they are not shown

once the members subscription has expired then they are able to Purchase new Subscriptions as they are shown again

Hi, I'm working on it

Hi, it's a quick fix please test it and let me know about any issue

thanks

that's cured the issue, subscriptions are now showing for members who have an active subscription

but there is a problem that the available subscriptions are not showing the correct "cost" for the item

as an example some are showing 0 when should be 1.00 or 5.00 and others are not correct either

thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Have ftp’d from Downloaded from this webpage to my Server:

Subscriptions Manageruploadadminapplications_addonothersubscriptions to /public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/subscriptions and

Subscriptions Manageruploadpublicjsips.subscriptions to /public_html/jscripts and

Subscriptions Manageruploadpublicstyle_imagesmastersubscriptions to /public_html/style_images/subscriptions

My Forum recognises the Addin and Modules but if I try to access them I get the following message “There appears to be an error with the database” etc

Have I ftp’d things to the wrong place? Should I be doing more ftp’ing?

Using Invision v3.3.1 and Subscriptions Manager 1.2.1 Download as from the Big Green Button above

thanks

Just curious OP, what tables do you delete to completely uninstall in order to start fresh?

I have a corrupted install from years ago using the original subscription manager. When I uninstall, it does not remove all the mysql tables.

Do you have a list of tables?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, it's a quick fix please test it and let me know about any issue

thanks

that's cured the issue, subscriptions are now showing for members who have an active subscription

but there is a problem that the available subscriptions are not showing the correct "cost" for the item

as an example some are showing 0 when should be 1.00 or 5.00 and others are not correct either

thank you

Hi

just getting back to this important issue, did you find a way to fix the problem of costs not showing the correct amount

in you patch/fix

thanks for your time

I'm still noticing members not being automated updated when they pay / auto-pay each year via PayPal. Their status sits at "expired" even though they have paid again for a further years membership. Anyone know anything about this or whether it's fixed ?

Cheers

marko

I've still got the same frustrating issue, and have got nowhere finding the cause of it. It's very embarrassing having to keep apologising to users when this happens.

Plus worse than that, I've been finding lately that sometimes peoples' subscriptions are being set as auto renew without them actually requesting this.

I've had a few people contact me recently to say they only set up a one-off payment but are then getting debited by paypal every month!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...