Subscriptions Manager

sijad

Hi sijad. I contacted you about this a while ago but I think we both trailed off of it.

I am no longer using the subscriptions system, but when I try to uninstall it and remove the files from my server, the front end of my site essentially breaks and I get the following error:

Warning: require_once(/home4/NAME/public_html/structure/applications_addon/other/subscriptions/sources/classes/subsLib.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home4/NAME/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/ibEconomy/sources/cart_types/ppssubscription.php on line 34

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home4/NAME/public_html/structure/applications_addon/other/subscriptions/sources/classes/subsLib.php' (include_path='/home4/NAME/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home4/NAME/public_html/ips_kernel/') in/home4/NAME/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/ibEconomy/sources/cart_types/ppssubscription.php on line 34

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

NVM. I finally figured out what the problem was when I actually looked at the error message. I had points per subscription plugin added to my site for ibeconomy. I forgot I had that on there and so when I uninstalled the subscriptions application the PPS plugin was causing the error. I uninstalled that as well and all is working fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

I've got the same issue that others seem to have had with subscriptions staying as Incomplete status, and user group not switching after they have paid & subscribed, and the more it happens the more embarrassing it gets, not to mention the hassle of trying to keep on top of it.

Has anyone had success in fixing this issue or identifying the cause of the problem (mine are all done via paypal and no other gateways).

Sorry if it's been highlighted as I had to skim through search results, but plan on reading more thoroughly tonight.

Appreciate any input on this as it's super frustrating, thanks! :)

• 4 weeks later...

I installed this plug-in years ago and it was very successful in bringing in revenue for the forum, but after a while people stopped renewing their subscriptions and stopped signing up for new ones. A user contacted me about this and I found out why -- There is no place for anyone to sign up for a new subscription.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-09-13 at Friday, 13 September, 2013 @ 11.27.23 am CDT.PNG

When someone clicks the "Purchase Subscription" link, it just shows them their current subscription status, but does not have a button allowing them to purchase a new subscription.

Is this a known bug? I tried searching through this thread, but couldn't find a similar problem or solution.

Suggestions are appreciated.

any fix for this issue, members cannot purchase a new subscription while they have one active because they are not shown

once the members subscription has expired then they are able to Purchase new Subscriptions as they are shown again

Hi,

Has there been any progress on creating a gateway or supporting users wanting a subscription using bitcoins?

Thanks,

Hi, not yest

any fix for this issue, members cannot purchase a new subscription while they have one active because they are not shown

once the members subscription has expired then they are able to Purchase new Subscriptions as they are shown again

anybody else confirm that?

anybody else confirm that?

another example

if you have subscriptions set up for different packages and a member buys one subscription and then wants to

purchase another package. they cannot because while one subscription is running (active) other available subscriptions are not shown.

as soon as a subscription has expired then all the available subscription packages are shown once again.

some of my members make donations on a regular basis but have said that while they have one subscription package running they

cannot make any further purchases or donations.

here's a screen capture to show the issue, please note in the available packages

non are shown but I have 10 plus available

post-73387-0-80575900-1387474077_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

I appear to see a different version of this Module on my site, which is now 3.4.6

The one I have is Michael McCune and its version 1.1.2 and if I check for upgrades, I see none.

I wouldn't call myself an expert by a long chalk, so I wonder if anyone can explain to me if I should remove the one I've got, and download this Ver 1.2. If I did that, would I lose all the packages I already have?

Thanks

Robert

I appear to see a different version of this Module on my site, which is now 3.4.6

The one I have is Michael McCune and its version 1.1.2 and if I check for upgrades, I see none.

I wouldn't call myself an expert by a long chalk, so I wonder if anyone can explain to me if I should remove the one I've got, and download this Ver 1.2. If I did that, would I lose all the packages I already have?

Thanks

Robert

You can safely upgrade your Subscriptions Application to the latest version because Michael is no longer updating this application and has given it over to another author.

Hi Nevo.

Thanks for telling me that. When at the Hook, I search for updates but it doesn't find it. I'm worried about losing the information in the package I already have.

Do I just download the other hook and follow the install instructions. I'm hoping it will find the other one and retain everything?

Thanks

Robert

Does anyone know how to upload this hook please. I don't do it very often but in the Help File is says "You just need to upload all of the contents of the 'upload' folder to your forums, preserving the directory structure"

As I look at the structure of the downloaded and expanded file I have an Admin and a Public Folder.

As I look at my server I have a structure of /forum/uploads and under this Uploads folder are about 6 other folders. 3 are numbers and the other 3 are bgimages, gallery and profile.

So if I just upload everything under ../forums/uploads I'll end up with an admin and public folder. My questions is this correct?

I'm not convinced, so I thought I'd check.

Thanks

Upload the admin and public folder to your board directory the same place where initdata.php and conf_global.php are, there will already be admin and public here, you're just adding more files to these folders by doing this.

Simple way is to drag / drop them via FTP onto your board folder.

Do not upload them to your 'uploads' folder as that is not correct.

Andy

Thanks for that. I've done it now and it all seems to have gone fine.

It's not well described in my view, of the standard documentation, however what you described was easy. I guess they assume people know what to do, so it's down to my lack of knowledge and your excellent knowledge, that I've got this done.

All the best

Robert

Question... I added a subscription that never expires (lifetime membership) and the member was able to dispute the case by saying he did not receive an item. I was forced by paypal to issue a full refund. So please tell me why this happen. Isn't all subscriptions by this app suppose to be virtual items or are all subscriptions physical items? I need to know because I can't afford to be screwed over again.

Question... I added a subscription that never expires (lifetime membership) and the member was able to dispute the case by saying he did not receive an item. I was forced by paypal to issue a full refund. So please tell me why this happen. Isn't all subscriptions by this app suppose to be virtual items or are all subscriptions physical items? I need to know because I can't afford to be screwed over again.

you might need add like small disclaimer on your site but believe app be used for both but always best to have terms of agreement

maybe but no real way but having on site will provide proof for Paypal that customer understand what they buying.

I had a user agreement on my subscriptions and made it so the user had to click a checkbox to agree to the terms and still Paypal will rule in favour of the buyer. Paypal are useless anyway, if you have ever had to call a representitive of theirs you would know what i mean.

Digital goods / virtual items = expect clawbacks.

Paypal is BS in these situations. If you can't provide proof of delivery YOU LOSE.

The only work around is to give something physical with the membership that you mail to them where you have tracking info. You have to prove they received something. Even if its just a thank you note.

At most have a subscription for 12 months.