Subscriptions Manager

sijad

Just wondering if anyone is having issues installing the authorizenet gateway? I and using 1.0.3 on 3.1.4 and was able to install the other gateways as a test. When I tried to install the gateway for authorizenet I get redirected to a blank page. Any suggestions?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try this. Open /admin/applications_addon/other/subscriptions/sources/classes/gateways/apis/authorizenet.php. Find this code:

class gatewayApi_authorizenet extends apiCore

{

/**

* Identify this class

* @access    public

* @var   	 string

*/

public $API_NAME = 'authorizenet';

Change it to this:

class gatewayApi__authorizenet extends apiCore

{

/**

* Identify this class

* @access    public

* @var   	 string

*/

const API_NAME = 'authorizenet';

Save and upload the file, then re-try to install this gateway.

I just tried without success. Is there anything further I can try?

class gatewayApi_authorizenet extends apiCore
{

/**
* Identify this class
* @access public
* @var string
*/
const API_NAME = 'authorizenet';

/**
* Can I do recurring billing?
* @access public
* @var boolean
*/
public $ALLOW_RECURRING = FALSE;

This is how it now reads so you can see the changes match yours.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm not sure what the problem would be with that. Blank pages mean you're getting an error, but your error reporting values for PHP are set to not show them. The last one was due to a bug in the product, but this one shouldn't be that same issue.

I could try and debug this on your site if you wanted. I'd need Admin CP and FTP access. Feel free to PM that to me and I'll check it out.

Hi Michael,

I have experienced a problem with subscriptions manager moving members when it is not configured to so do.
The member was set up with a recurring payment via paypal, which failed this month due to unknown reasons putting the subscription into an expired state. Both the individual package and global settings have disabled the changing of the members groups (these are donation based packages), however, the member was moved back to the default group upon the failure.

Can you look into this possible bug please.

I don't think that's a bug, that sounds like it's working correctly. The settings about changing a members' group applies for when they get a subscription, not when one expires. When a subscription expires, they should be going back to their old group. That's my understanding, anyway.

Hi Michael,

I have experienced a problem with subscriptions manager moving members when it is not configured to so do.

The member was set up with a recurring payment via paypal, which failed this month due to unknown reasons putting the subscription into an expired state. Both the individual package and global settings have disabled the changing of the members groups (these are donation based packages), however, the member was moved back to the default group upon the failure.

I had this problem when I moved over from the 2.3.x version installing the new one. What solved it for me is that the new paypal needed for me to configure an API setting (not sure if this is the correct term) with them so it could communicate. After I did this all worked ok.

Hi,
They were not moved when they subscribed so shouldn't have had an old group to move back to, or am I understanding this incorrectly? Is the old group a per user setting or does it just move everyone back to a given group?

Looking at the code, if the package they were in that expired does not change their primary group (as per the 'Change Primary Group' setting on the package), then what it tries to do is remove whatever group may be selected in the 'New Member Group' setting on the package, if one is selected. Is this not what you're seeing?

Hi,

Thanks for looking.

What happened is this.

1) Member signed up for package while in group a
2) We made some internal changes and member was moved to group b
3) Package expired, member was moved from group b to group a

The new member group of the package is unset (Don't change group). Change primary group was set to Y on the assumption that the above Don't change group setting would override this.

Is it a correct assumption to make that setting this to N will force no change of group on both new and expired subscriptions?

This app and IP.Nexus have a complicated relationship. Both were originally written by IPS, but they started with this, then developed Nexus later. The way they coded Nexus made it so that when you were running Subscriptions and installed Nexus, it would essentially 'upgrade' your installation of Subscriptions to Nexus, and kill off your Subscriptions installation. I don't know what would happen if you had Nexus installed first, then installed this, I know I'm certainly not checking for anything about Nexus in this app. There's also nothing that would convert Nexus data to be used by this app instead.

The idea is, you use either this, or Nexus, not both. Obviously IPS sells Nexus, so they would like people to use that product. But lots of folks thought it was overkill for what they needed, and this product did all they needed it to, so that's why I kept up with maintaining it. If this does what you need, great, but if Nexus gives you more of what you need, you should use it.

What do you have set for the "Use Previous Member Group", "Previous Member Group" and "Protected Groups" settings for this application? If you have the "Change Primary Group" setting on the package set to Yes, these are the next set of settings that are checked to determine the action to take.

Ah, another problem. I upgraded to the latest version, the settings link has gone from the IPS Apps tab (as expected) but I can't find it anywhere now. Where should it be?

It should be in the menu for this application in the My Apps tab. If you don't see it there, make sure you have uploaded all of the new files, then rebuild the application cache from the Manage Applications & Modules page.

The settings would have been (pulling from test site)

Use previous member group - no

Previous member group - the group the user was moved back to

Protected groups - admin

With that setup, with the way it is coded, when a subscription expires, the member is either going to be moved to the group they were in at the time the transaction was made (stored in the subscription_trans.subtrans_old_group column in the database), or to the board's default Members group if that isn't set. If you wanted to avoid this from happening, simply changing the 'Change Primary Group' setting on the package to No should stop this behavior. With that set to Yes, even with no group selected to change it to, the system is assuming you want to affect the members' primary group as part of the subscription.

There is an entry in My Apps, but there used to also be an entry for the general settings page in the IPS Apps tab on the System Settings page, that one has vanished.

Thanks re the other stuff, I will set it up the way you suggest.

Hello

what we must to do for packages should be shown on registration page (form)? i checked "show on registrasion form" but no packages show when new users should register on site.

Some help?

regards

bosss

You have to have the "Subscriptions: Register Form" hook enabled, you have to have the "Show subscription packages when registering?" setting set to Yes, and each package you want to show has to have its "Show on the registration form" setting set to Yes.

I uploaded all files and installed as described but the settings menu does not appear under my apps -> subscription manager.

I am using a fresh install v3.1.4 and subscriptions version 1.0.3

The page on upload defaults to "Subscription Transactions" not any settings etc. Is there a way to enable the settings option?

Archived