Subscriptions Manager

sijad

Sijad --

There's a problem with Subscriptions 1.2.1 not expiring subscriptions, or moving people back into their original primary group. See image.

This happens with all subscription packages. As I mentioned yesterday I removed over a 100 old subscriptions that were still active and working. I simply can't just bill people for lost revenue because the application doesn't expire old subscriptions correctly. I have re-uploaded a new set of files and removed and re-installed the application with no success in resolving the issue. I've run the task to expire subscriptions and it runs without error however the subscription is still not expired.

post-70533-0-45294500-1376837700_thumb.p

Sijad --

There's a problem with Subscriptions 1.2.1 not expiring subscriptions, or moving people back into their original primary group. See image.

This happens with all subscription packages. As I mentioned yesterday I removed over a 100 old subscriptions that were still active and working. I simply can't just bill people for lost revenue because the application doesn't expire old subscriptions correctly. I have re-uploaded a new set of files and removed and re-installed the application with no success in resolving the issue. I've run the task to expire subscriptions and it runs without error however the subscription is still not expired.

attachicon.gifsubs.png

Trying to find the problem... thanks for reporting

Hello,

we are using IP.Board 3.3.4 with Supscrition Manager v1.2.0 and got stuck during SM configuration/testing.

After selecting one of the test packages and selecting the payment method (in this case bank transfer)

a creen titled "complete your order" opens - so far, so good.

After "Click here to continue..." a popup windows opens titled "Remittance Ticket" and that's it :-(

When I do not close this window the order process got stuck.

When I close this window a new one pops up withe the message "Ups, something went wrong! You are already subscribed to a package that is either paid or pending. You cannot continue"

In both cases teher are no mails send , neither to the subscriber nor the the bcc address configured.

Any ideas?

Michael

Sijad --

I need to update my report. I don't know how or why but things are working again. Maybe I had a bad record that couldn't be changed so the script to expire memberships wasn't working. However now it is working and I've watched the past four days or so members join and the script expire them correctly. There's only one small problem The script doesn't always expire people when it should.

The expire script runs every morning at 00:30 so I would assume that all the prior days records with an expiration of the day before will get expired but they don't. Sometimes this takes an extra day or even two. I haven't seen any run longer than that but it still should be expiring subscriptions when they expired.

As an example I have a trial membership that lasts two days, in one case we gave them three and the other four days. If that portion could be corrected that would be terrific.

Thank you.

Sijad --

I need to update my report. I don't know how or why but things are working again. Maybe I had a bad record that couldn't be changed so the script to expire memberships wasn't working. However now it is working and I've watched the past four days or so members join and the script expire them correctly. There's only one small problem The script doesn't always expire people when it should.

The expire script runs every morning at 00:30 so I would assume that all the prior days records with an expiration of the day before will get expired but they don't. Sometimes this takes an extra day or even two. I haven't seen any run longer than that but it still should be expiring subscriptions when they expired.

As an example I have a trial membership that lasts two days, in one case we gave them three and the other four days. If that portion could be corrected that would be terrific.

Thank you.

I'm looking for problem, can you check your php and mysql error logs? and send latest for me in PM? thanks

Your update 1.2.1 looks working for my forum 3.4.5, but I have a problem with color of expired/pending transactions.

When an expired transaction is listed, all others transactions positioned after are red too, even if the transaction is still active / paid.

vboauebC0E.jpg

Do you have an idea?

Thank you.

Same issue for me. Though, it has seemed to always have this logic problem for as long as I can remember.

I have been using it steadily, mostly PayPal, with none of the reported issues other than this. My site is the most current version and I am using the latest version of Subscriptions.

Your update 1.2.1 looks working for my forum 3.4.5, but I have a problem with color of expired/pending transactions.

When an expired transaction is listed, all others transactions positioned after are red too, even if the transaction is still active / paid.

vboauebC0E.jpg

Do you have an idea?

Thank you.

vboauebC0E.jpg

Do you have an idea?

Thank you.

Hi, thanks for report, but i can't find your problem, if you want you can PM me an access to this section to recheck. thanks

5qD5JKClBI.png

Updated to latest version on latest IPB. Only one issue... subscription will not show up on registration page.

Any help on this?

Hi, i check it but i can't find your problem too, are you sure active "Show subscription packages when registering?"

'>

'>

Sijad --

Looking at the source and the output the table with the transactions isn't following the formatting as the transactions are being looped through.

In manage.php the rows are defined so that each type (paid, failed, expired) should have a color.

switch ( $row['subtrans_state'] )
			{
				case 'paid':
					$row['_color'] = 'green';
				break;
				case 'dead':
					$row['_color'] = 'gray';
				break;
				case 'pending':
					$row['_color'] = 'orange';
				break;
				case 'failed':
					$row['_color'] = 'red';
				break;
				case 'expired':
					$row['_color'] = 'gray';
				break;
				default:
					$row['_color'] = 'black';
				break;
			}

In my installation the following occurs when viewing the transactions. You can see the output and the associated source.

post-70533-0-17765700-1377762061_thumb.p

The Green Arrow -- Is paid and has no color assigned to it for the row, from the list it should be green, but no color is an ok alternative (IMO).

The Orange Arrow -- Is on notice for renewal and has the color "amber" assigned to the row but appears with no color.

The Red Arrow -- Is expired and has the color "red" assigned to the row and the row is red (working as intended).

The Blue Arrow -- Should be the same as the green arrow meaning it's paid and be green or have no color. It is however formatted red.

Maybe you have an updated version of the source on your machine or your machine is handling the source differently than ours, I'm not sure why yours seems to be working as intended but ours isn't. I've verified this is rendering the same way between IE, FF, Chrome, Safari and they are so it's inherent to the source not the browser. I will also note this is a minor issue as it's rendering, I'm only offering this trying to help you find the issue as reported.

Take care.

$row['_color'] is useless, this index did not use in anywhere.

the color of row is coming from ipb_rootadminapplications_addonothersubscriptionsskin_cpcp_skin_transactions.php #60

i still can't see this problem in my local but i attach a file that i guess should fix color problem please try it if possible and let me know

thanks

cp_skin_transactions.php

I changed the following:

.../subscriptions/modules_admin/subscriptions/manage.php

{
                                case 'paid':
                                        $row['_color'] = 'green';
                                break;
                                case 'dead':
                                        $row['_color'] = 'red';
                                break;
                                case 'pending':
                                        $row['_color'] = 'orange';
                                break;
                                case 'failed':
                                        $row['_color'] = 'red';
                                break;
                                case 'expired':
                                        $row['_color'] = 'red';
                                break;
                                default:
                                        $row['_color'] = 'blue';
                                break;
                        }

.../subscriptions/skin_cp/cp_skin_transactions.php

{
                                        case 'incomplete':
                                                $_img  = 'tr_inactive';
                                        break;

case 'paid':
                                                $_img  = 'tr_active';
                                        break;

case 'canceled':
                                                $_img  = 'tr_canceled';
                                        break;

case 'expired':
                                                $_img = 'tr_canceled';
                                        break;

case 'failed':
                                                $_img = 'tr_inactive';
                                        break;

case 'dead':
                                                $_img  = 'tr_canceled';
                                        break;

case 'pending':
                                                $_img  = 'tr_pending';
                                        break;

default:
                                                $_img  = 'tr_inactive';
                                        break;
                                }

This includes the addition that you posted above.

This seems to fix things fairly well.

Thanks for clearing up the reference to the how the page was rendering.

Sijad, can you please add in the ability to make discounts or use coupons? That would make this an awesome application!

Also, Stripe, PaymentWall, Bitcoin (with something like MtGox or similar) & Payza payment gateways, how can I use them with this?

Thanks!

Hi again, sorry but i have not any plan for add feature to 1.2.x, i just want to fix problems now.

I'll rewrite subscriptions and add them to subscriptions 2.0 for IPS 4.

Paypal got back to me and this script continues to not communicate with Paypal at all. Here is where they sent me:

https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/classic/ipn/ht_ipn/

Turning on IPN? I never had it on before.

HEre is the error message that I just got:

PayPal: NOT VERIFIED not_valid

Hi, I guess it's better to rewrite as paypal gateway for 1.2 but i need a little time for read the API docs

Don't change a thing. There's nothing wrong with the way the PayPal Gateway works. Instant Payment Notification is a setting in the PayPal account and requires the PayPal account to be setup correctly, verified, and in some cases needs to be a business account. However those are all things that are on the PayPal side of things and it's not difficult to set up if you have the correct PayPal account type, etc. The only settings in the subscription manager > paypal gateway >> that need to be correct are to make sure the email address that's used is one that can accept payments to your PayPal account (50/50 PayPal issue), make sure return validation is on, and turn the gateway on, all other settings don't matter or should be off.

I installed this plug-in years ago and it was very successful in bringing in revenue for the forum, but after a while people stopped renewing their subscriptions and stopped signing up for new ones. A user contacted me about this and I found out why -- There is no place for anyone to sign up for a new subscription.

post-103834-0-69815300-1379089855_thumb.

When someone clicks the "Purchase Subscription" link, it just shows them their current subscription status, but does not have a button allowing them to purchase a new subscription.

Is this a known bug? I tried searching through this thread, but couldn't find a similar problem or solution.

Suggestions are appreciated.

Hello everyone.

I've just installed this plugin having moved from goldmember on e107 CMS, fits the bill perfectly.

As part of my website paid membership I post out membership packs to my members.

There is one major show stopper I've seen and that's the PayPal notification emails don't actually return the members postal address, I know this is possible using IPN as my last subscription plugin allowed it and the email from PayPal allowed me to post out the membership pack.

So now I'm receiving memberships but having to contact the user for postal address which does not look very professional.

Can you please advise how I can modify the system to put the users postal address on the PayPal emails?

Many thanks.

Pete

That's set up within PayPal itself. You have to select the information you want to request from your customers, like home phone, home address, etc, etc. If you have any questions about that contact PayPal directly through customer service they will be happy to help you correct the information you're collecting from customers.