Subscriptions Manager

sijad

The files have updated so I downloaded the latest compressed files. I get this error when trying to decompress the rar file.

!   C:Documents and SettingsFilesIPS 3.4.5Subscriptions Manager 1.2.1 (IP.Board 3.4+).rar: Cannot create Subscriptions Manager 1.2.1 (IP.Board 3.4+)uploadadminapplications_addonothersubscriptionssetupversionsinstallsqlsubscriptions_mysql_inserts.php
    Total path and file name length must not exceed 260 characters
!   The system cannot find the path specified.
!   C:Documents and SettingsFilesIPS 3.4.5Subscriptions Manager 1.2.1 (IP.Board 3.4+).rar: Cannot create Subscriptions Manager 1.2.1 (IP.Board 3.4+)uploadadminapplications_addonothersubscriptionssetupversionsinstallsqlsubscriptions_mysql_tables.php
!   C:Documents and SettingsFilesIPS 3.4.5Subscriptions Manager 1.2.1 (IP.Board 3.4+).rar: Cannot create Subscriptions Manager 1.2.1 (IP.Board 3.4+)uploadadminapplications_addonothersubscriptionssetupversionsinstallsqlsubscriptions_mysql_uninstall.php

So the file path is too long. To fix it I had to save the file as something other than Suscriptions Manager 1.2.1 (IP.Board 3.4+).rar .... To fix this easy you can remove the inside directory which is the same it is not needed to put separate directory with same name inside.

Ok thank you. :)

It's wonderful to see this updated for 3.4.+, thank you Lucky Star and sijad! A special thank you to Pete T for offering assistance to everyone while we waited.

Are there any plans to further develop this application beyond just compatibility? I think the user interface has some opportunity for usability improvements, it's largely unchanged from the IPB 2 days. This is an essential application for many IPB forum owners who find Nexus to be over-kill for our simple subscription needs. I would love to see it evolve into an even greater application, even if that ultimately means paying for a premium version.

Ideas:

• Redesign the flow of the subscription selection and payment selection, maybe use Ajax to contain each selection on a single page.
  • Automatic currency exchange rate calculations - query a currency exchange database daily?
  • More advanced transaction logs for accounting purposes, filterable by date, with export options.

I'm very grateful for this application as it is, but I believe it can be so much more! Please consider investing in its betterment :yes:

Was the error with communicating with Paypal fixed? It caused paypal to not respond back to the app. I had not turned anything special on in PayPal for it to work in the previous versions.

Example:

323 PayPal: Tried to return validate but failed: No start sub package found

Was the error with communicating with Paypal fixed? It caused paypal to not respond back to the app. I had not turned anything special on in PayPal for it to work in the previous versions.

Example:

I'm on it

Here is an example of what happens now for existing subscribers on expiration that got broken.

Person's subscription expires correctly in the app. Switches back to old group ok.

Paypal also re-subscribes them ok and charges them per recurring paypal subscription.

However, none of that gets communicated to the app and I have to then go manually add them back to the subscriptions group by "manual transaction".

Sijad --

You may want to update the template bit

>> hookUserDropDownLink

The makup doesn't validate because there is one too many closing quotes at the end of the <a> tag. If it's updated to this, all works as intended.

<li id='user_subsm'><a href='{parse url="app=subscriptions" base="public" seotitle="false" template="app=subscriptions"}'><if test="$this->memberData['sub_end']">{$this->lang->words['subs_dd_manage']}<else />{$this->lang->words['subs_dd_purchase']}</if></a></li>

Sijad, can you please add in the ability to make discounts or use coupons? That would make this an awesome application!

Also, Stripe, PaymentWall, Bitcoin (with something like MtGox or similar) & Payza payment gateways, how can I use them with this?

Thanks!

Sijad --

You may want to update the template bit

>> hookUserDropDownLink

The makup doesn't validate because there is one too many closing quotes at the end of the <a> tag. If it's updated to this, all works as intended.

<li id='user_subsm'><a href='{parse url="app=subscriptions" base="public" seotitle="false" template="app=subscriptions"}'><if test="$this->memberData['sub_end']">{$this->lang->words['subs_dd_manage']}<else />{$this->lang->words['subs_dd_purchase']}</if></a></li>

it's done, I'm looking for other bugs for realize new version, thank u very much

Sijad, can you please add in the ability to make discounts or use coupons? That would make this an awesome application!

Also, Stripe, PaymentWall, Bitcoin (with something like MtGox or similar) & Payza payment gateways, how can I use them with this?

Thanks!

I like coupons system idea, yes I'll work on it, but other gateway i think so, thanks

Example:

Any ideas on this one?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi sijad...
Great app...
I have instaled allready the old version for 3.3 but i want to know if can instal the update from old version ((3.3) to new version (3.4).
My version is 3.4 anyway.
Thanks a lot.

Hi, thanks for downloading

yes you can install it :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just noticed a huge issue. Expired subscriptions are not removing the member from the subscription group when the subscription is expired.

I've manually just removed hundreds of accounts this is huge money looser if the subscriptions can't accomplish this very basic task which it used to do just fine.

Thank you for your attention and support.