Subscriptions Manager

sijad

• 3 weeks later...

I'm following up on this as there seems to be some confusion about this mod working and not. Specifically it's been our flawless way of handling subscriptions since it was developed. I am at the beginning stages of upgrading from 3.3.x to 3.4.x and want to make sure this will still run on 3.4.x?

Would LOVE some input on this, as well.

I've been using it since 3.2, I think, and now it's been suddenly buggy with 3.4.1. While subscriptions are being renewed and sent from PayPal, I've been getting a number of these errors ...

PayPal: Unable to process payment. Expecting amount 0.00 but got 10.00

Any feedback on this would be appreciated, as I am preparing to move update to 3.4.5 and think Nexus may be my only hope.

Anyone?

Updates?

Anyone?

Don't bother trying this mod, it won't work well with the latest IPB, I've since upgraded my board to the latest version and we're having all manner of issue's with this mod - only reason I'm keeping it is because it still does work to an extent, but I have to manually move people into the correct groups, etc.

it be nice if owner mod/app comment in here in my view they claim that will update but no support come from them and i love to take over this item if don't wish have it !! but seems keep claim update will be soon !!

I think several people would love for you to claim this app and support it Pete tbh, because several claims have been made and several deadlines broken by the current author.

This thing is dead in the water, and is used by those who do not need Nexus on their boards.

The author was obviously lying when he said he would fix it. I have PM'd him several times now after he said he WOULD fix it and has NEVER responded again. It has been WEEKS since he said it would be fixed. He DOES visit the forums here. He has abandoned this mod.

It's time for someone to take it over who has the ability. So, Pete as far as I am concerned we have done due diligence with this mod in PLEADING with the author. He is MIA, period and NON RESPONSIVE.

It is basically broken in version 3.4.X. It is partially working though. It caused Paypal to shut down the link back to it by apps on my domain unfortunately. I am not even sure what to do to fix that and get it turned back on. I made no settings for this mod IN paypal.

I've stopped using third party mods on my board, with the exception of a couple non essential one's. It's becoming too common for developers to simply get fed up and just stop supporting the mod. I'd do without mods like these if I were you guys, try and find another method, even if it's manual, then at least you know where you stand cause I have about 30 or so people subscribed to my site on a yearly basis and I'll be removing this mod this month and reverting to a manual method myself. I've learned not to rely on other people for mods, it usually end's in tears - just live without them, it's far far easier in the long run :frantics:

Unfortunately, it does mean those responsible mod developers get tarred with the same brush, but at some point all mods will need updated and I am no longer in a trusting mood towards Invision themselves by significant code changes or the mod developers to recode their mods.

Pete, if you have the time to take this on and it is decided that it will be transferred, you are more than welcome to take it. I'd only offer to take it back if no one else would step forward. You've done a great job with the Shoutbox, I'm sure you'll do great with this too. :)

Firstly we can't report it because it works fine with the version numbers quoted, it doesn't work with the most recent versions however ... as for Michael taking on the mod, he's one of the few mod developers I would trust to run with any mod and I'd gladly pay for him to release an updated version. If this was your mod before Michael, I'd support you 100% taking it back, sod the current developer, just take it back and make it what it used to be and all of us would support you 100% if you got any grief from anyone :sorcerer:

Let me throw a twist into this. I posted here a few days back about it being compatible with 3.4.5. Being that there was no response for a couple days I decided to upgrade our development site to determine what issues I'd have when migrating between 3.3.4 to 3.4.5. To my surprise I have no issues with this mod, in fact I didn't even update it since I was running the latest version Subscriptions 1.2.0

Testing done I took this to our live site and performed a complete upgrade to the latest version 3.4.5 and updated all the applications as well, gallery, downloads, etc.

Knowing what I read here I did some testing. I dropped the old boards from our dev site and installed a fresh copy of 3.4.5 then tried to add Subscriptions 1.2.0. No go, errors everywhere. So the problem is adding this modifications after an upgrade.

I concur Michael you are the scratch to the itch and a wonderful developer at that. I couldn't support a better person to do the job even if the modification went payware. (My opinion it should.) I will also add that I don't know the current developer but would ask that we not be hard on the guy. Maybe something has drastically changed in his life, it happens to us all.

Hope that helps.

Pete, if you have the time to take this on and it is decided that it will be transferred, you are more than welcome to take it. I'd only offer to take it back if no one else would step forward. You've done a great job with the Shoutbox, I'm sure you'll do great with this too. :smile:

Thank you for kind word towards shoutbox coming someone been in coding longer then i have means lot well i have lot time on my hands at moment and feel that i can turn it around but all depends on if can be moved to new owner.

Well, it's the mod. I had this mod installed back several versions ago of the board (as shown in the mod for compatibility - that is actually accurate) and it wasn't until 3.3.3 it went belly up with problems. Many of us have been in the same boat. So, it is not a clean install that's the issue...there are issues period.

Could that be due to your configuration? Have you verified your re-write and redirect policies you are using? You can use the PayPal sandbox to check your subscriptions, and that will allow you to basically make a purchase to verify things are working.

post-70533-0-70183500-1370797904_thumb.p

post-70533-0-76036300-1370798964_thumb.p

That's what comes to mind anyway. Hope you get it sorted out. I know how frustrating it is when things don't work like they are supposed to.

Could that be due to your configuration? Have you verified your re-write and redirect policies you are using? You can use the PayPal sandbox to check your subscriptions, and that will allow you to basically make a purchase to verify things are working.

attachicon.gif226.PNG

attachicon.gif227.PNG

That's what comes to mind anyway. Hope you get it sorted out. I know how frustrating it is when things don't work like they are supposed to.

When i tested my url in sandbox it worked fine.

I havent changed any settings recently and this app was kinda working ok up until last week.