Subscriptions Manager

sijad

Very simple question ..... I accidentally deleted my subscriptions app while trying to view a transaction from my smart phone. It was working fine until then. I need to add it back.

I have read through most of this thread, and have been unable to determine the most basic step ... a path to the location for the two folders to be uploaded? (admin & public)

Is it: public_html > admin > applications

I do not know how complicated this is (first time adding an app for me) and do not want to do it wrong, possibly making an easy add-on a difficult situation.

This was working fine for me, now I assume PayPal have changed something, when the transaction goes over to PayPal we get:

"This feature is only available to Business and Premier accounts."

Is it possible to modify how the app runs so that it accesses PayPal in another way or am I going to have to change my account type? (from what I can remember this isn't very beneficial considering not many transactions go through at all)

Hi, I downloaded and installed the software to run on our 3.3.4 board.

We seem to have a problem showing the correct currency.

We only have paypal as our active payment gateway and have set the currency to GBP but all info is displayed using the $ sign, like this...

attachicon.gifsubscripserror.jpg

Any idea what's causing this and how to fix the problem please ?

You need to go here

ACP > Look & Feel > Manage Languages > click on Pencil icon of English package > change "Language Locale" to en_GB and save

We are approaching the end of our initial oen year subscriptiosn for many memebrs of our site. I want to make sur ethey will get their email notification. So I setup a subscription for a testa ccount and set it to expire tomorrow. I ran the Manually ran the Subscription Expiration Notification task to see if it would email the test account. It does not. That was yesterday. now the testa ccoutn expires today and I ran the task again, no luck.

Email functionality of the forum is working properly as users are receiving email notifications for other things, bulk email works, etc etc.

Any suggestions on how I might test this to verify it will work?

noted, wait for next update

This was working fine for me, now I assume PayPal have changed something, when the transaction goes over to PayPal we get:

Is it possible to modify how the app runs so that it accesses PayPal in another way or am I going to have to change my account type? (from what I can remember this isn't very beneficial considering not many transactions go through at all)

I'm no longer having this issue and I didn't change my account. Not sure who has done what? :tongue:

I do however have a new issue. The above problem produced some incomplete transactions, when I try to unsubscribe/remove these, I get the standard IPB database error. (I know I could delete these manually but it'd be nice if it did work properly) Here is the log:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:01:38 +0000 Error: 1054 - Unknown column 'm.sub_end' in 'field list' IP Address: 86.173.143.23 - /index.php?app=core&module=task ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- mySQL query error: SELECT st.subtrans_member_id,m.member_id, m.name, m.members_display_name, m.email, m.sub_end FROM ibf_subscription_trans st LEFT JOIN ibf_members m ON ( m.member_id=st.subtrans_member_id ) WHERE st.subtrans_state='paid' AND st.subtrans_end_date >= 1353366098 AND st.subtrans_end_date <= 1353459698 .--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------. | File | Function | Line No. | |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------| | admin3412/sources/classes/class_taskmanager.php | [task_item].runTask | 208 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | | [class_taskmanager].runTask | | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 16:11:55 +0000 Error: 1054 - Unknown column 'sub_end' in 'field list' IP Address: 144.124.177.61 - /admin3412/index.php?adsess=d4be15c3a96da66d526f8374dd153294&app=subscriptions&module=transactions§ion=manage ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- mySQL query error: UPDATE ibf_members SET sub_end=0 WHERE member_id=1 .--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------. | File | Function | Line No. | |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------| | admin3412/sources/base/ipsMember.php | [db_main_mysql].update | 956 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | admin3412/applications_addon/other/subscriptions/modules_admin/transactions/manage.php| [IPSMember].save | 896 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | admin3412/applications_addon/other/subscriptions/modules_admin/transactions/manage.php| [admin_subscriptions_transactions_manage].deleteTransactions | 62 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | admin3412/sources/base/ipsController.php | [admin_subscriptions_transactions_manage].doExecute | 306 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'

first of all, love this app.

but we had it installed and it wasnt working correctly (it wouldnt automatically set up the subscription when someone bought a package)

so we uninstalled and reinstalled. now the application seems to work correctly, however, we get several errors with the hooks

2nai3jp.jpg' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="2nai3jp.jpg">

had to disable 3 hooks to prevent any more errors. thats just 1 of the errors. the other 2 were for hooks as well. so we just ended up disabling all the hooks.

what could be the problem?

All you should have to do to make this app work with PayPal is fill out the settings for the PayPal payment gateway and then set up the PayPal IPN per the instructions here.

I'd recommend upgrading the Board first, then this app afterwards. They may work OK upgraded simultaneously too, but I have less confidence in that, I can't be sure that the upgrader will do things in the correct order to not get rid of the stuff this app needs. Whatever you do, don't upgrade this before you upgrade the Board.

When i try to access "http://invisionfocus.com/tutorials/article/121-setting-up-paypals-ipn/" i get

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10TUT008]
You do not have permission to read tutorials in this category.

Any idea how i can see that page? Or does anyone have instructions somewhere else how to setup PayPal in Subscriptions Manager?

Also, the link in the module is also broken at top where is says read this document if you are unsure: http://external.ipslink.com/ipboard30/landing/?p=subscriptions-paypalipn

I would also like to know what i have to put in the Paypal Gateway Settings page, for example, under

"Gateway Associated Email Address OR associated transaction key" and "Gateway / Seller ID".

Sorry for the confusion. Now having this issue again. It's worked previously without the need for a business account so why now?

Still having the other error with removing subscribers..

Thanks.

When i try to access "http://invisionfocus.com/tutorials/article/121-setting-up-paypals-ipn/" i get

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10TUT008]
You do not have permission to read tutorials in this category.

Any idea how i can see that page? Or does anyone have instructions somewhere else how to setup PayPal in Subscriptions Manager?

Also, the link in the module is also broken at top where is says read this document if you are unsure: http://external.ipslink.com/ipboard30/landing/?p=subscriptions-paypalipn

I would also like to know what i have to put in the Paypal Gateway Settings page, for example, under

"Gateway Associated Email Address OR associated transaction key" and "Gateway / Seller ID".

I am sure this is what was on that page: http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/documentation/index.html/_/knowledge-base/recurring-non-version-specific-issues/setting-up-ipn-for-ipsubscriptions-r544

Tells you how to sort the PayPal IPN anyway!

I am sure this is what was on that page: http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/documentation/index.html/_/knowledge-base/recurring-non-version-specific-issues/setting-up-ipn-for-ipsubscriptions-r544

Tells you how to sort the PayPal IPN anyway!

As the first line of that documentation says that may be out of date, is this still the valid url for IPN?

http://yourURLhere.com/forums/index.php?app=subscriptions&module=incoming&section=receive&do=validate&type=paypal

I've found that IP.Nexus is too heavy duty for my site's needs. I'd like to offer simple subscriptions, and this looks like just the thing. Thanks so much for all the effort you've put into making this available! :)

Could you please tell me if there plans (and/or possibly an ETA) to update this to work with 3.4?

• 2 weeks later...

We're having a few problems running this on 3.3.4

Can't view the list of subscribers by name or status or paid/unpaid etc.

It has problems/errors showing related to communicating with the database.

Created a package for Sportin' Members then couldn't delete the package. Press delete and it throws up a database communication error, try refreshing the page, which also doesn't delete the package.

Admin partner also commented about subs. dates changing or not being recognised.

Unfortunately, we don't have a clue what's causing these problems.