Subscriptions Manager

sijad

Just a quick question to clarify.

Has IPB announced that they are no longer going to maintain the Subscription manager and that is why you are now taking over its future development?

IPB is extremely short sighted in its history of supporting webmasters ability to earn money by having paid subscribers. It was like pulling teeth last time to get them to update the only way to monetize the forum via payments.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They did announce this, yes, I just can't find where the announcement was made at this time. They asked me to take over this app to ensure it still is function for IP.Board 3.2 and beyond.

Most folks will find IP.Nexus a better overall solution for forum monetization, but some people want this more stripped down version instead.

Hi Michael

I've just installed this but I'm having bother with the currencies. I switched the default to GBP and removed the other currencies as I will not need to use anything other than GBP, but when I then created a package it still shows USD (at the point of creating the package), and subsequently shows as USD on my board as might be expected.

Please could you explain what I've done wrong and why I cannot get GBP to show anywhere despite it being the only currency on there now?

Many thanks
Jim

Call to a member function hookUserDropDownLink() on a non-object in .....forum/admin/applications_addon/other/subscriptions/sources/classes/hooks/gateway.php on line 71
/other/subscriptions/modules_public/subscriptions/paysubs.php on line 563

Call to a member function hookUserDropDownLink() on a non-object in .....forum/admin/applications_addon/other/subscriptions/sources/classes/hooks/gateway.php on line 71

/other/subscriptions/modules_public/subscriptions/paysubs.php on line 563

The solution here should also fix this issue.

When I go to "Manage Transactions" in the left navigation bar and search for a user, I get a database error ,the standard generic message "There appears to be an error with the database blahblahblah".

Is there some fix for that?

http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/documentation/index.html/_/knowledge-base/recurring-non-version-specific-issues/database-driver-errors-r326

I would need to see the actual logged database error to diagnose the problem, driver errors occur because of any problem with the database.

There is a 'badge' hook that comes with this, but it only shows the info on the board index sidebar.

I never explained correct. What if I wish to sell a badge (award/icon) can I use the subscription system and paste an image to the user's profile?

That means you have no subscriptions available. This application's always worked that way, it wasn't something I coded to just have it show you nothing if there was nothing available. Best to report that as a bug:

http://invisionfocus.com/tracker/project-3-subscriptions-manager-bug-reports/

Hello Michael,

Many thanks for taking this over as I have about 28 of these with 2 packages and I need something simple. I was debating on not updating when IPB 3.2 comes out if this was not available.

I just looked and I have version 1.0.2 installed. Had a problem with the sorting of dates and paypal not recognizing my older subscriptions when I came over from IPB 2.3x.

I created a ticket and Andy was very helpful in patching this up for me. I noticed that you as well had something to do with it back in March 2011.

Subscription Tracker Link
http://community.inv...%26gt%3B-reset/

My question...
If I update to version 1.0.3 will the above problems already be solved or should I stay with 1.0.2 since all is now working ok, or are there other issues that have been addresses that I might not know about? I don't want to wake up a sleeping giant.

Many thanks,
JB

If I'm already patched with 1.0.2 should I wait till the next version and forget about 1.0.3 or is there anything else I should consider in 1.0.3?

I'm not getting email notifications on new replies from this new 3.2 board, wonder what's going on.... I'll check back.

What the heck I think I'll download and install so we can increase your resource count. :rofl: :grin:

Plus you just mentioned about other minor bugs that might come and bite me later.

Btw, getting the notifications now. Seems like when they updated the beta version it took them off.

Archived