Subscriptions Manager

sijad

Hi,

We have just hit another problem now our members are expiring.

One of the members has been so kind to send a screenshot which I am adding here.

He wants to renew but subscriptions manager is not letting him get past the first page because there is no radio button to select the package.

post-200926-0-20863300-1346058481_thumb.

Just to add this was the old style 12 month membership that was on a different package

Our new and only available package is a 3 month rebilling one.

I've started getting emails in the last two days from Paypal saying that my IPNs are failing.

I haven't changed anything in Subscription manager, but have installed IP.Gallery and IP.Content.

On the Paypal gateway screen in Subscription manager there's a link that's supposed to tell you how to check if your Gateway is setup properly, but it goes to a bad link/dead page.

Could someone please help me out so I can check what's up and if anything has changed inadvertently?

I've started getting emails in the last two days from Paypal saying that my IPNs are failing.

I haven't changed anything in Subscription manager, but have installed IP.Gallery and IP.Content.

On the Paypal gateway screen in Subscription manager there's a link that's supposed to tell you how to check if your Gateway is setup properly, but it goes to a bad link/dead page.

Could someone please help me out so I can check what's up and if anything has changed inadvertently?

The last time I had an issue with PayPal regarding the IPN's failing, I contacted my hosting company. The guy who owned it said it was an issue with PayPal. I moved to another host and, miraculously, my issues disappeared. I realize your issue could be different. But, have you moved to a new host recently?

Or perhaps I should delete it from the Marketplace entirely, rather than continuing to do what I'm already doing for free, if that's not good enough for the community. I get really tired of doing what I do for what revenue I make, just to hear comments like this that make it seem like I'm the one not doing enough.

I am disheartened to see the comments directed towards you. Because of your generous efforts in maintaining the subscriptions software, one of our sites is able to easily collect a couple thousand dollars worth of membership fees. Otherwise, we would have all sorts of hassle doing this.

I, for one, THANK YOU for your efforts. I truly understand not using the software. A lot of us IT folk simply make sure something works and support it if it doesn't. It is our end users who use the software and become experts in it. If an error comes up, and the software is as it was originally designed, then we can work to resolve an issue.

Thanks again Michael!

^^Solved the above... What should I use in place of "Approved URL" inside 2checkout?

Thank you!

edit: literally no idea how to make the forum recognize a successful 2checkout payment. ;/

^^Could really use some help with this. Has anyone setup 2checkout using this addon and how did you get it to report back from 2checkout properly?

Hi,

We have just hit another problem now our members are expiring.

One of the members has been so kind to send a screenshot which I am adding here.

He wants to renew but subscriptions manager is not letting him get past the first page because there is no radio button to select the package.

post-200926-0-20863300-1346058481_thumb.

Just to add this was the old style 12 month membership that was on a different package

Our new and only available package is a 3 month rebilling one.

Did you check that with default skin ? Do you have any error logs ?

Did you enable IPN in Paypal website?

^^Solved the above... What should I use in place of "Approved URL" inside 2checkout?

Thank you!

edit: literally no idea how to make the forum recognize a successful 2checkout payment. ;/

emailed

Hello, is there anyway I can edit the

"To subscribe, simply select the radio button next to your subscription choice and then choose which payment method you wish to use below. Clicking on the continue button will bring you to a confirmation screen and may ask for more details depending on which payment method you've chosen. If you have any questions about your current or past subscriptions, you should contact a member of the administrative team who will be able to deal with any enquiries you might have."

So that I can add a few notes about subscriptions?

I recently upgraded from 2.3.5 to 3.3.4, and had no idea that subscriptions had been dropped from the IPB core. I think it's ridiculous to drop such a basic feature, just to promote Nexus sales. I have very few (voluntary) subscribers, basically just enough to cover hosting and my own connectivity, and Nexus costs almost as much as I get from subs. But that's beside the point.

I've just installed the most recent Subscriptions Manager and have a few questions.

How do I turn it on? Is a hook supposed to show up in System Settings > Hooks? I don't have one there. I do have five hooks listed under Manage Hooks > Enabled.

Everything seems to be enabled and configured properly, but when I click on either the Subscriptions tab or the "Purchase Subscriptions" user drop-down link, there's nowhere to buy a subscription. All I get is:

post-59116-0-32738000-1347216444_thumb.p

The only place the option to buy a subscription is presented is when a new user registers.

Hello,

Right now I use ip.nexus however I find it very over kill for what I really need.

Can this run an script or any kind of functionality like the nexus action script? Really what I need to just to input,remove some user data weather it be from their profile or inputted data into an sql database on creation, cancellation or expiration.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what is the URL i need to give paypal for IPN to work?

To do this, visit paypal.com and sign in, then go to History --> IPN History

Where is the language file for the reminder email sent? I'd like to customize it.

Thank you!

smile.png

Go to Look & Feel > Manage Languages > Select your language > go to subscriptions tab > public_emails

Or search this keys in system (not live search! in language search box)

subscription_expires

subscription_expires_recurring

Hello,

Right now I use ip.nexus however I find it very over kill for what I really need.

Can this run an script or any kind of functionality like the nexus action script? Really what I need to just to input,remove some user data weather it be from their profile or inputted data into an sql database on creation, cancellation or expiration.

I will take a look, thanks

I recently upgraded from 2.3.5 to 3.3.4, and had no idea that subscriptions had been dropped from the IPB core. I think it's ridiculous to drop such a basic feature, just to promote Nexus sales. I have very few (voluntary) subscribers, basically just enough to cover hosting and my own connectivity, and Nexus costs almost as much as I get from subs. But that's beside the point.

I've just installed the most recent Subscriptions Manager and have a few questions.

How do I turn it on? Is a hook supposed to show up in System Settings > Hooks? I don't have one there. I do have five hooks listed under Manage Hooks > Enabled.

Everything seems to be enabled and configured properly, but when I click on either the Subscriptions tab or the "Purchase Subscriptions" user drop-down link, there's nowhere to buy a subscription. All I get is:

attachicon.gifScreen shot 2012-09-09 at 11.46.01 AM.png

The only place the option to buy a subscription is presented is when a new user registers.

ok, Can you re-import the hooks and rebuild master skin data ? ( Look & Feel > Look & Feel > Template tools )

ok, Can you re-import the hooks and rebuild master skin data ? ( Look & Feel > Look & Feel > Template tools )

Hi There

I'm upgrading from 3.1 to the latest version and have currently 800 subscribed members - will moving to this application, mean I lose their status' and details ?

Thanks in advance.

Two questions:

1) I am once again trying to upgrade my ipb 2.3 til 3.3 and since I run subscriptions on my forum I have installed Subscriptions ... but this time there is no text for all the new translations. There are just blanks where the text is supposed to be.

Am I missing some files? Where should the new language files be and how do I make sure there are there? (or get them there?)

---

2) And another thing: when I view all my transactions, below there is a dropdown menu (with no text) and two black boxes on each site. I don't know what there are supposed to be, but when I click on one of the black boxes I go to a page that says:

System Error

You do not have permission to access this page

• Go Back
  • Go to Dashboard
  • Go to Module Home

Two questions:

1) I am once again trying to upgrade my ipb 2.3 til 3.3 and since I run subscriptions on my forum I have installed Subscriptions ... but this time there is no text for all the new translations. There are just blanks where the text is supposed to be.

Am I missing some files? Where should the new language files be and how do I make sure there are there? (or get them there?)

---

2) And another thing: when I view all my transactions, below there is a dropdown menu (with no text) and two black boxes on each site. I don't know what there are supposed to be, but when I click on one of the black boxes I go to a page that says:

System Error

You do not have permission to access this page

• Go Back
  • Go to Dashboard
  • Go to Module Home

I have just tried to install nexus also, and I see I get the same "error" (no texts) ... so I guess it seems like a premission problem? (I just moved my test-files to a new server) - anyone who can help me out with where the files are supposed to be at so I can check and correct premissions, if that is what is wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

We are approaching the end of our initial oen year subscriptiosn for many memebrs of our site. I want to make sur ethey will get their email notification. So I setup a subscription for a testa ccount and set it to expire tomorrow. I ran the Manually ran the Subscription Expiration Notification task to see if it would email the test account. It does not. That was yesterday. now the testa ccoutn expires today and I ran the task again, no luck.

Email functionality of the forum is working properly as users are receiving email notifications for other things, bulk email works, etc etc.

Any suggestions on how I might test this to verify it will work?

Hi, I downloaded and installed the software to run on our 3.3.4 board.

We seem to have a problem showing the correct currency.

We only have paypal as our active payment gateway and have set the currency to GBP but all info is displayed using the $ sign, like this...

post-119607-0-35145400-1351802877_thumb.

Any idea what's causing this and how to fix the problem please ?