Subscriptions Manager

sijad

Ok, thanks. I have a JS Folder and an Application_addon folder under the root admin folder
So these should have in fact been under the forum folder and now that I've uploaded them there, its upgraded and appears to be working.
Thanks for your help on this. I'll look through things in detail later. Do you think I can remove the js and the application_addons folders under the admin folder without any harm?
Robert

How should I be handling old subscriptions, that predate the current IPN setup? Apparently just updating the IPN info at PayPal only affects new subscriptions, and those that are older are simply failing, because they are trying to use the the old /index.php?act=module&module=subscription&CODE=incoming&type=paypal URL.

Is it actually act=module&module=subscription, or is it act=module&module=subscriptions, with an 's' at the end? It has to have the 's' at the end for IP.Board to be able to properly route it to this application at all, I can't do anything about making the URL without the 's' forward properly.

If it does have the 's' on the end of subscriptions, then try adding this to the bottom of the /extensions/coreVariables.php file for this application:

if ( isset( $_REQUEST['CODE'] ) && $_REQUEST['CODE'] == 'incoming' )

{

$_RESET['module'] = 'incoming';

$_RESET['section'] = 'receive';

}

I'm getting this error :/

Fatal error: Call to a member function hookUserDropDownLink() on a non-object in

/home/myforum/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/subscriptions/sources/classes/hooks/gateway.php on line 71

By the way, I'm using IPB v3.3.3

Mentioned multiple times in this topic already:

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/340209-download-subscriptions-manager/page__p__2107332#entry2107332

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Michael,

Ive been having problems for some time with subscription packages showing on the registration page.

Within Subscription Manager settings i have "Show subscription packages when registering?" to yes and "Force every member to require a subscriptions package" to yes also.

Strange but ive had this working for years now it isn't showing on the front end.
thanks for your time what could be the problem

I have Subscriptions Manager v1.2.0
and ipb IP.Board 3.3.4

Hi Michael,

I understand that you don't want to spend a lot of time expanding Subscription Manager when Nexus offers a much fuller feature list by default. That makes sense.

However, I don't believe that Nexus offers the ability to "gift" subscriptions to another member. Would this be something that you might consider adding in?

• 4 weeks later...

I have downloaded the subscription manger, installed it and all looks fine.

We have a shop on another part of our website and we use creditcall to take card details and payments.

I can't see how to set this up for our forum subscriptions though, there seem to be a number a gateways available but we do not use any of them at the moment.

Does anyone know how to set up the payment system or am I missing something here?

Many thanks.

John

If you want this app to use a payment gateway other than the ones provided, then a new gateway API file would need written for that gateway. You can use the existing gateway API files in the /admin/applications_addon/other/subscriptions/sources/classes/gateways/apis/ folder as a template to work from.

If you want this app to use a payment gateway other than the ones provided, then a new gateway API file would need written for that gateway. You can use the existing gateway API files in the /admin/applications_addon/other/subscriptions/sources/classes/gateways/apis/ folder as a template to work from.

Thanks Michael.

So you are saying we need to set up an account with one of those suppliers if we want to use the subscriptions manger as is?

I'm saying this application is designed to work with a finite number of payment gateways, and 'creditcall' is not one of those. If you want to use them as the gateway to take payments through this application, then a gateway API file that is designed to work with their system would need developed.

I am trying to clear away some test transactions and getting this error, Please advise.

www.xxxx.com Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here
«Return to the index

Also the return to index, xxx.com/index.php gives page not found.