Subscriptions Manager

sijad

Why work the subscriptions dont by me?

I become ever the error message from PayPal:

The link you have used to enter the PayPal system is invalid. Please review the link and try again.

All you should have to do to make this app work with PayPal is fill out the settings for the PayPal payment gateway and then set up the PayPal IPN per the instructions here.

I'd recommend upgrading the Board first, then this app afterwards. They may work OK upgraded simultaneously too, but I have less confidence in that, I can't be sure that the upgrader will do things in the correct order to not get rid of the stuff this app needs. Whatever you do, don't upgrade this before you upgrade the Board.

There aren't any settings for it. There is a task that runs daily that finds packages that are set to expire the next day and it sends emails to those members letting them know.

Can it be modified to give folks a little bit more advance notice?

I know we have the setting to basically give folks a grace period, but it would be nice to give them more of an advanced notice that they subscription is nearing expiration.

You can adjust this line in /admin/applications_addon/other/subscriptions/tasks/expiresubs.php to send more advanced notification:

$expired = time() + 86400 + 3600; // Tomorrow + 1 hour

The 86400 there represents one day, if you'd like this to go out further in advance, just replace that 86400 with 86400 multiplied by the number of days in advance you wish to give notification.

Yes, that should work, but just to be safe I'd recommend either putting parenthesis around the multiplication:

$expired = time() + (86400 * 7) + 3600; // Tomorrow + 1 hour

Note, though, that they'll get this same email every day until it expires or they renew since it's not designed to be set for more than one day in advance, so doing this change you risk annoying your members.

Michael,

First, thanks for continued support of this application, we've been using it for years and it's perfect for what we need.

Second: I have a question about the option to run a file when a given subscription package is purchased:

%7Boption%7D

If I want to run a quick file there that makes a table insert to an award system I have running, does my file have to define the class as if it were some new module of the subscriptions application?

Hi, Thanks for the continued work on this, its an awesome app.

First and foremost, the link you posted RE the IPN settings in paypal, has that changed recently? I suddenly started getting IPN errors even though I havent upgraded nor adjusted any settings. The payment goes through, it changes the user to the new group, but each day it changes their sub-start date to the current date. Under logs it says there are none.

Regarding the latest version, if I have Nexus install, what are my options in upgrading subs to the latest version without nexus hijacking my URL's as you have stated in your clear description.

Thanks for your time :)

Hi, Thanks for the continued work on this, its an awesome app.

First and foremost, the link you posted RE the IPN settings in paypal, has that changed recently? I suddenly started getting IPN errors even though I havent upgraded nor adjusted any settings. The payment goes through, it changes the user to the new group, but each day it changes their sub-start date to the current date. Under logs it says there are none.

Regarding the latest version, if I have Nexus install, what are my options in upgrading subs to the latest version without nexus hijacking my URL's as you have stated in your clear description.

Thanks for your time :)

To my knowledge, nothing has changed with the IPN settings. I know there were issues with IPN set up that had been posted about with regards to Nexus, you may need to follow the steps Jason H listed in this topic.

If you have Nexus installed, you cannot use this app, period. IPS wants people to use their product, and so that have built code into it that will always hijack this application's URLs, and they won't change that or make it so there's any way to work around that. If you need stuff Nexus can do, then use Nexus.