Subscriptions Manager

sijad

It's a pretty common PayPal error, but most solutions seem to say it really is an issue with the email address you're providing. Here are some examples of people using other eCommerce tools that integrate with PayPal that have seen that error too:

http://www.e-junkie.com/bb/topic/2599
http://forum.werockyourweb.com/error-messages/we-cannot-process-transaction-problem-with-paypal-email-address-seller
http://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/forum/topic/buy-now-button-doesnt-work

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You did have an /admin/applications_addon/ips/nexus folder on your site (it had the Nexus extension for my Queued Items hook). Deleting that folder fixed your issue.

Ah OK, thanks but I did know I never bought Nexus so did not expect to be any folders or anything there.
Just one question, the icons next to the package's are missing, where do I find them?
Thanks again for your help and time.

The error you got is weird, because it was trying to add a column that IP.Board 3.3 dropped, so it should have worked. But regardless, that's not really a problem.

As for your white screen, you should use

this tutorial

to diagnose the problem. There's no way to tell why it's doing that without doing these steps to try and expose the error.

After following the steps from the tutorial, where the error will be expose?

Sorry if my english is bad. :S

It would be displayed on the page that was white before. If it's not, then as the tutorial states, you'd need to get in contact with your host in helping to expose the error message.

OMG! The error is now appearing!

Notice: Undefined index: ipb_reg_number in /home/fullzg/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php on line 429

Notice: Undefined index: path in /home/fullzg/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php on line 1440

What does it means, what do I need to do?

Usually when you're able to get these errors to appear, there will be several minor errors like these (these are really just notices, not fatal errors that would stop the execution of the page) and then a big error at the end; it's that big error that is the culprit that causes the white screen of death here. Are there no more errors appearing after these?

For the first one, it means you don't have a license key set. Verify that you have that set in your License Key section on the System tab in your Admin CP.

The second notice is a bit weirder though. The 'path' index it's referring to is something that's supposed to come from a call to PHP's parse_url function which is trying to build a friendly URL. Since it is in that friendly URL code that this notice is occurring, it leads me to believe it's yet another case of IP.Nexus being too aggressive in trying to hijack the URL to this app. Check in your FTP folders and make sure you don't have a 'nexus' folder under /admin/applications_addon/ips/. If you do, and you're using IP.Nexus, you will not be able to use this application.

Usually when you're able to get these errors to appear, there will be several minor errors like these (these are really just notices, not fatal errors that would stop the execution of the page) and then a big error at the end; it's that big error that is the culprit that causes the white screen of death here. Are there no more errors appearing after these?

For the first one, it means you don't have a license key set. Verify that you have that set in your License Key section on the System tab in your Admin CP.

The second notice is a bit weirder though. The 'path' index it's referring to is something that's supposed to come from a call to PHP's

parse_url

function which is trying to build a friendly URL. Since it is in that friendly URL code that this notice is occurring, it leads me to believe it's yet another case of IP.Nexus being too aggressive in trying to hijack the URL to this app. Check in your FTP folders and make sure you don't have a 'nexus' folder under /admin/applications_addon/ips/. If you do, and you're using IP.Nexus, you will not be able to use this application.

LoL... I have an active license key set O.o

Yes, I have the nexus folder, but I'm not using it, so, I'm going to delete this to see if Subscriptions works :)

-----------------------------------

IT WORKS *-*

%7Boption%7D

I really apreciate your help! :D

Thanks, thanks, thanks :D

No, it isn't, it's one of the most common ways people use PayPal. If you were banned from PayPal it was for some other reason.

You've already made the suggestion for this to be added, so it is on my agenda for things to consider when I'm able to devote time to adding more features to this product. There is no ETA, there is not even any set-in-stone plan for it to be added, it will just be considered.

I forgot I already suggested it directly, I appreate you digging that up and reminding me, thank you.

Also this is what I was banned from under PayPals AUP:

7.3 Ineligible Items. PayPal Buyer Protection only applies to PayPal payments for certain tangible, physical goods. Payments for the following are not eligible for reimbursement under PayPal Buyer Protection:

[*]Intangible items, including Digital Goods (subject to exceptions as listed in Section 7.6)

7.6 Digital Goods Micropayment Disputes and Claims. Digital Goods are generally not eligible for coverage. However, if you file a Dispute for a Digital Goods purchase of up to the amounts in the table below, PayPal may, at its sole discretion, refund the transaction without requiring you to escalate the Dispute to a Claim.

The Exceptions listed under Section 7.6 are: Despite the fact my sites are indeed adult sites that was not the reason I was banned, from PayPal. This is their reason apparently they really didn't like me taking money for Subscriptions, and felt it nessessary to ban me with appeals. Now obviously this is between me and PayPal, but you're saying that it's allowed? Under what clase of the AUP is it actually allowed? Maybe I should continue fighting my corner with PayPal over the matter. Thanks for the insight! (This post wasn't meant to argue with you. I'm actually more confused than I was earlier now. xD)

hey, I was wondering if it was possible to have the Packages listed in a "drop down" rather than all showing together on the page? i want to add a few different subscriptions... But because they are not "all together" Its making the registration page pretty elongated. So just checking to see if it would be a possibility to put the packages in a drop down menu so that they are all together, rather than being separate?

Sort of....

post-122595-0-74570400-1334769616_thumb.

I think this is the code you need for that template:

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$this->settings['public_dir']}js/ips.subscriptions.js"></script>

<fieldset>

<ul class="ipsForm ipsForm_horizontal">

<li class="ipsField">

<label for="sm__package" class="ipsField_title"><span data-tooltip="{$this->lang->words['subs_select_package']}">{$this->lang->words['subsm_title']}</span> <if test="$this->settings['subsm_enforce']"><span class='ipsForm_required'>*</span></if></label>

<p class="ipsField_content">

<select name="sm__package">

<if test="! $this->settings['subsm_enforce']">

<option value="0" selected="selected">{$this->lang->words['subsm_none']}</option>

</if>

<foreach loop="$packages as $package">

<option value="{$package['sub_id']}">{$package['sub_title']} ({$package['_sub_duration']})</strong> - {$package['_sub_cost']} {$currency['subcurrency_code']}</option>

</foreach>

</select>

</p>

</li>

</ul>

</fieldset>

Well, it almost worked... its setup correctly.. .however, even though I dont have it set as required.. and even if I select something, a message popups saying "Please choose a subscriptions package before continuing".. And thats with anything I select.... But thats okay.. it was worth a shot.

Michael I have set up a donation scale with corresponding titles on the site. Is it possible to configure this mod so it reads Donations rather than Subscriptions? I love the idea that this is automated. Really clever application and thank you!
I use some of your other extras and we are indebted to your kindness and expertise.

Hi Michael,

I am using 2checkout as my payment gateway. When reaching the complete your order page how do i redirect the continue link to go to my custom 2checkout page. Currently it is going to the standard 2checkout page as opposed to the simple one page checkout. Thanks in advance. Great app!!

Michael I have set up a donation scale with corresponding titles on the site. Is it possible to configure this mod so it reads Donations rather than Subscriptions? I love the idea that this is automated. Really clever application and thank you!

I use some of your other extras and we are indebted to your kindness and expertise.

Admin CP > manage apps and modules. Select this app and change the public title to Donations.

That wouldn't be possible without a complete rewrite, this app is designed to work with subscription packages. If you want something that is designed for Donations, Mike John has a good one available here:

http://www.devfuse.c...nation-tracker/

EDIT: Maybe I misunderstood, if you only want to change the name of this app, not its function, then listen to Aiwa's advice above.

Hi Michael,

I am using 2checkout as my payment gateway. When reaching the complete your order page how do i redirect the continue link to go to my custom 2checkout page. Currently it is going to the standard 2checkout page as opposed to the simple one page checkout. Thanks in advance. Great app!!

Take a look at the /admin/applications_addon/other/subscriptions/sources/classes/gateways/apis/2checkout.php file. In there you should see a function named makeFormAction_normal, it looks like that is where the URL is set for where the users are directed to, so I'm assuming that could be changed to direct them to a different page, although I can't verify that myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived