Subscriptions Manager

sijad

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there. Great app!

I encountered a few issues/questions and I'm sure I'm just missing something.

1. How can members subscribe to more than 1 subscription without using the "allow upgrade" feature?

Example:

There are two ways to contibute to my site: Donation and Paid Membership.

Paid Membership is $35.

Annual Donation is $50.

Once a member purchases the Paid Membership, all other subscriptions disappear. If I enable the $50 donation as 'allow upgrade', then the cost of the Annual Donation is changed from $50 to $15. There are some members who would like to donate annually, however, they do not want the extras of the Paid Membership and simply wish to donate $50 and remain a regular member. I would like the Annual Donation to be $50, regardless of membership or any other packages already purchased. Is there a way to do this? I could create additional packages but I'm not sure how this would affect renewals.

2. Speaking of renewals...is there anyway to have the initial Paid Membership be $35 and then renewals after that be $25?

Thanks in advance.

When I try in install, I get

"Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/hooks/ipSeoAcronyms_6720b0d8312719b1043470cf34f4fa43.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/admin/applications/core/modules_admin/applications/hooks.php on line 2104 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/hooks/ipSeoGuestSkin_ab8d0bd058f2efe901ac54a10646ffbe.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/admin/applications/core/modules_admin/applications/hooks.php on line 2104 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/hooks/ipSeoTopicLinks_c373b9fe33ee9538523996deb03f31c7.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/admin/applications/core/modules_admin/applications/hooks.php on line 2104 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/hooks/ipSeoMeta_31f852398dbee583a5e6fbe1ad444fdf.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/admin/applications/core/modules_admin/applications/hooks.php on line 2104 Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/hooks/ipSeoPingTopics_3ca760b2fc9005ed5cb2c0a1f218e461.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/admin/applications/core/modules_admin/applications/hooks.php on line 2104"

and then it takes the whole board down with an error message.

hey michael. i was wondering if there was something you could help me out with.

we have our current subscriptions.

and i wanted to add a new one for all new members that joined. for new members that joined i wanted to give them 2 weeks free VIP access

what would be the best way to do this?

cause i dont want to just make a new package cause then current members could "purchase" this and get free VIP whenever they wanted

but i also didnt want to force them to use a subscription when they register.

is there any way i could make it so that new joined members automatically get a subscription for 2 weeks or something like that? please let me know. thanks

I get this error when I try to install subscriptions. I did have it installed before taking my board to 3.2.3. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the new files.

"Fatal error: Call to a member function hookUserDropDownLink() on a non-object in /var/www/admin/applications_addon/other/subscriptions/sources/classes/hooks/gateway.php on line 71"

I also had to uninstall IP.SEO before trying to install or it would fail out during install.

yoi... that was messy. I uninstalled again, FTPed in and deleted the adminaddonsothersubscriptions folder and then ran through the install again. THAT got it installed without an error.

However, I log on as my test user and I can see the headings "Current Subcription"/"Available Subscription"/"Expired Subscription" yet there is no button to click to buy a subscription. I do have a package set up.

Edit: Nevermind, found the check box to "enable for all future groups"

lol oh. fair enough. before i try to find some backdoor way of doing it

is there any way u could make a setting for packages... when u edit packages it says "show on registration form"

is there a way u could make another option that asks "show on subscription list"

or something. so that it could show on one, but not the other.

That's not how you load the IP.Gallery classes. They would be loaded like this:

/* Registry objects */

$this->registry = ipsRegistry::instance();

/* Gallery Object */

if ( !ipsRegistry::isClassLoaded('gallery') )

{

$classToLoad = IPSLib::loadLibrary( IPSLib::getAppDir('gallery') . '/sources/classes/gallery.php', 'ipsGallery', 'gallery' );

$this->registry->setClass( 'gallery', new $classToLoad( $this->registry ) );

}

$albums = $this->registry->gallery->helper('albums')->fetchAlbumsByOwner( $member['subtrans_member_id'] );

Hi there. Great app!

I encountered a few issues/questions and I'm sure I'm just missing something.

1. How can members subscribe to more than 1 subscription without using the "allow upgrade" feature?

Example:

There are two ways to contibute to my site: Donation and Paid Membership.

Paid Membership is $35.

Annual Donation is $50.

Once a member purchases the Paid Membership, all other subscriptions disappear. If I enable the $50 donation as 'allow upgrade', then the cost of the Annual Donation is changed from $50 to $15. There are some members who would like to donate annually, however, they do not want the extras of the Paid Membership and simply wish to donate $50 and remain a regular member. I would like the Annual Donation to be $50, regardless of membership or any other packages already purchased. Is there a way to do this? I could create additional packages but I'm not sure how this would affect renewals.

2. Speaking of renewals...is there anyway to have the initial Paid Membership be $35 and then renewals after that be $25?

Thanks in advance.

Anyone have any input/advice?

• 2 weeks later...

I have upgraded Subscriptions Manager [3.2] but nothing seems to have changed. New members are not given an option to subscribe. I uploaded the files and followed your instructions about rebuilding master skin data and recaching skin sets. Show subscription packages when registering is set to yes. Force every member to require a subscriptions package is set to yes. Also, the profile menu still shows "Purchase Paid Subscription" but when clicked on no subscriptions are listed and there is no option to purchase. What am I missing?

Michael,

Thanks for your response. It appears I am no longer able to access the Subscriptions Manager at all since uploading the new files. In AdminCP, under Other Apps > Subscriptions > Subscriptions > there are eight options to choose, including Manage Payment Gateways, Manage Packages, etc. No matter what I click, it just takes me back to My Dashboard.

John

You just uploaded the new files, or did you run the installer/upgrader too? Try running the Recache Apps & Modules tool in the Manage Applications & Modules page. If that doesn't help, is uninstalling and reinstalling an option, or is there data in the system you need to keep? If you do have people actively using it, uninstalling and reinstalling would be very bad, but it can help fix issues if there's nothing for it to worry about deleting.

Just ran the Recache Apps & Module tool with no change. But here's something interesting that I hadn't noticed before: In the list of Installed Applications, under Third Party Add Ons, Subscriptions v1.0.2 is listed with a green Upgrade Available button. We do have data in the system, including current, active membership subscriptions that were created when the Subscriptions module was still run by Invision.

Archived