Subscriptions Manager

sijad

Michael -

I would like to show my members the benefits of subscribing to the site graphically and I figured the best way to do that would be with an image. (See attached)

Would there be away to add a thumbnail of this image and use the IP Board built in lightbox so that when clicked it enlarges?

post-279870-0-61547400-1325611504_thumb.

There is no built-in way in the application to do that, no.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My problem: Clicking on "Subscriptions" leads to the "index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login".

The admin section is working fine, the link in the drop down is there but a user can't actually get to the subscription page to make a selection.

Current version v.1.2.1 on IB.Board 3.2.3

Just upgraded to day.

Actions take to try and correct.

Rebuild skin cache, rebuild Furl.

It's like the hooks are not functioning to display the subscription page.

Any ideas?

--------------------------

Alright, Really weird. Just check my forum in IE9 and it works fine.

Does not work properly in Firefox 9.01.

-------

Did some more testing with a User Agent Switcher to check results. The Subscription hook works in Chrome as well. But no luck with Firefox.

Problem User agent:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1

There's nothing in this app that checks the browser used in order to determine which page to show. The only thing in this app that can redirect you to that page is if you visit the Subscriptions app when not logged in. So evidently in Firefox, you're not logged in to the site.

There's nothing in this app that checks the browser used in order to determine which page to show. The only thing in this app that can redirect you to that page is if you visit the Subscriptions app when not logged in. So evidently in Firefox, you're not logged in to the site.

That's the strange part. I am logged in.

I tried it as Admin and as a test member account. I am able to access the board as admin and as guest but can't get the Subscription portion to work.

If I back out and use IE9, Chrome it works fine.

If you PM me, I can give you a sample member account so you can see for yourself.

Any recommendations for items to check?

Michael,

Hope you can help.

I (want to) have a 2 their member structure.

Supporters $25 one off. Screen shot attached

post-207498-0-41963300-1326807346_thumb.

Subscribers $10 for 12 months, only available to Supporters.Screen shot attached

Supporters works, but they can't upgrade to Subscribers. My test user ( a subscriber)Subscription page that won't let me upgrade attached

post-207498-0-66977800-1326807402_thumb.

Any ideas?

Craig

using any adblock or remove it permanently script that may be blocking there?

Thanks for the tip, I made sure that all I am running is Firefox with no adblocking, host file blocks.

I reran my User Agent Management rebuild to make sure it was not a user agent issue.

For whatever reason, Firefox chokes on this script. IE, Chrome, Safari work fine.

I even build a new template without any customization and disabled all hooks and it still does not work with Firefox.

I guess its time to migrate to Nexus.

Michael,

Hope you can help.

I (want to) have a 2 their member structure.

Supporters $25 one off. Screen shot attached

Subscribers $10 for 12 months, only available to Supporters.Screen shot attached

Supporters works, but they can't upgrade to Subscribers. My test user ( a subscriber)Subscription page that won't let me upgrade attached

post-207498-0-66977800-1326807402_thumb.

Any ideas?

Craig

You wouldn't be able to upgrade to Subscribers because it is a cheaper package, you would only be able to upgrade to something that costs more.

Thanks for the tip, I made sure that all I am running is Firefox with no adblocking, host file blocks.

I reran my User Agent Management rebuild to make sure it was not a user agent issue.

For whatever reason, Firefox chokes on this script. IE, Chrome, Safari work fine.

I even build a new template without any customization and disabled all hooks and it still does not work with Firefox.

I guess its time to migrate to Nexus.

I only ran subscritions for a bit but ff8 and 9 (and chrome/safari/opera/IE8-9...lol) were ok on mine.
really really really seems like cookie/temp file issue.
maybe run ccleaner to delete all ff files and compact its (firefox) database?

I only ran subscritions for a bit but ff8 and 9 (and chrome/safari/opera/IE8-9...lol) were ok on mine.

really really really seems like cookie/temp file issue.

maybe run ccleaner to delete all ff files and compact its (firefox) database?

FF is set to delete cookies when the browser closes, I will runn CCleaner and see if that clears it.

If I could only understand what is supposed to happen when you click /subscriptions/ it would help.

It seems to think I am not logged in and it diverts me to index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login

Enter my log in details and it goes back to the log in.

So, somewhere it is not passing along my credentials.

FF is set to delete cookies when the browser closes, I will runn CCleaner and see if that clears it.

If I could only understand what is supposed to happen when you click /subscriptions/ it would help.

Enter my log in details and it goes back to the log in.

So, somewhere it is not passing along my credentials.

As I mentioned previously, there is a single place in the code for this application where it can send you to the 'app=core&module=global&section=login' page. That is in /admin/applications_addon/other/subscriptions/modules_public/subscriptions/paysubs.php, at the very start of the doExecute() function, which is the jumping off point for the entire application. Here is the code that does that:

/**

* Main class entry point

* @access    public

* @param    object        ipsRegistry reference

* @return    void        [Outputs to screen]

*/

public function doExecute( ipsRegistry $registry )

{

/* Not logged in? */

if ( !$this->memberData['member_id'] )

{    

$this->registry->output->silentRedirect( $this->settings['base_url'] . 'app=core&module=global&section=login' );

}

So if you're getting redirected to the login page when starting this app, it means IP.Board (which controls the $this->memberData object) thinks you're not logged in. There is nothing there that checks to see if you're using Firefox; nothing in this application does anything like that. If Firefox sends you to the login page for this application, logically I can only assume it is your Firefox installation, since I use Firefox almost exclusively for my development and it has never done this for me.

Thanks Michael,

I will check that code to see if its proper.

As I have said, I have checked with a variety of computers using Firefox from different IP's and all get the same result. IE works though. So, its a mystery to me.

I am inclined to uninstall and reinstall to see if clears it up.

Just wanted to check to see if perhaps it was a hook problem.

Here is the list of hooks installed, any missing?

Subscriptions Manager v1.1.2

Subscriptions: User Drop Down Link v1.1.2
Subscriptions: Check For Package v1.1.2
Subscriptions: Complete Registration Form v1.1.2
Subscriptions: Current Subscriptions Badge v1.1.2
Subscriptions: Register Form v1.1.2

The only thing I noticed was this difference in the code when compared to other hooks.

yours:

if ( !$this->memberData['member_id'] )[/CODE]

others:

[CODE]if ( $this->memberData['member_id'] )

The difference is the ! exclamation point. I am not familar with that !, what's its purpose?

Archived