Subscriptions Manager

sijad

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Michael, it's within "Manage Packages" after you create a package itself, and can be found under the heading "Payment Options" then "Allow recurring payments?" - if its set to "Yes" subscribers can't select the PayPal option, but set to "No" they can. I'm presuming it would be the same for any package we create, although I've not tried it. (screenshot included)
Hope that helps :smile:
Marko

post-116929-0-15852100-1322208610_thumb.

Everything I can check notes that PayPal should permit that. Note the text there, it says it works when the chosen payment gateway allows it. Whether or not the gateway allows it is defined in the file for each gateway under the /admin/applications_addon/other/subscriptions/sources/classes/gateways/apis/ directory. In each file in there, there is a variable called $ALLOW_RECURRING. It is set to either true or false depending on whether that gateway allows it. PayPal has it set to true, every other one has it set to false. So code-wise, PayPal is the only one that should allow this.

What exactly is happening with this on your board? When you say they can't choose PayPal, are you saying they get an error when they try? Or PayPal just doesn't show up as an option for them? Or something else?

Er, this is embarrassing .. I was about to grab screenshots of the users view for this issue and for some reason it's working now??!! No idea why as I recached the skins and rebuilt everything before trying it numerous times before and still saw the problem - now it's gone?!

If I can figure this one out again I'll post back :)

You mean you can click on the text on the registration screen to have it select the associated radio button, but it doesn't do that when selecting a package inside the application? That would be because on the registration screen, the radio buttons have their text set in an HTML <label> control, which has the behavior you're describing. The package choice page in the app itself doesn't do that. If you'd like to request that, please use the Tracker linked in the first post.

For Amazon Payments, I have no plans to add that. Again, if you'd like to request that, please use the Tracker.

That issue is already fixed, at least on the IP.Board default skin, in the latest version.

http://invisionfocus.com/tracker/issue-438-display-problem-with-ie/

If it doesn't look right on your third party skin, then you may need to revert any skin templates in this app you may have customized.

@Michael
One of member bought a subscription to become a supporting member but they wanted to donate a little more money than the actual subscription cost.
However, they didn't see that option via PayPal.

Is that something that I need to setup with PayPal, an option within the Subscriptions App or neither?

It wouldn't be something this app would handle. The subscription packages that are sold as part of this app have prices determined by you. If you want to also accept donations, you can find code in PayPal's site about how to generate a button that you can put on your site, which your members can then click to send you a donation.

Archived